Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

Ozark was good started good went abit meh in middle and solid ending 

I was debating watching season 2 of billions but have decided to leave it as i thought it was really boring. tried to be a bit wolf of wallstreet but nowhere near as good 

Edited by Demitri_C

2 episodes in and the Waco mini-series is really quite good.

Fascinating story and since I don't really remember the details it's really interesting. Getting tense now with all heck about to break lose.

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

"The Keepers", whilst an important message and a harrowing story, was dull as dishwater. With them constantly trying to turn it into some massive mystery, which it wasn't.

Indeed, very boring.

Much better True Crime stuff out there.

13 hours ago, sne said:

2 episodes in and the Waco mini-series is really quite good.

Fascinating story and since I don't really remember the details it's really interesting. Getting tense now with all heck about to break lose.

There is also a 2 part documentary called Waco : madman or messiah that has been on a&e this week (easy enough to find online if you don't have the channel) . runs for about 3 hours and has interviews with survivors including some featured in the show, plenty of real videos and lots of clips from the fbi audio tapes during the siege. It is quite surprising how accurate the tv mini-series actually is, even the stupid stuff you think must be made-up and the house/chapel set is absolutely spot on.

Well worth a watch if you're enjoying the show and if you don't want to spoil the rest of show too much then the first part of the documentary ends at pretty much the end of episode 2 of the show.

So you game of throne fans who told me gets good from end of season 3, have just finished this.

Have to say yes it was a very good episode very surprising as we of course was not expecting that to happen. What I will say is what was the purpose of Robb? I mean this show has built him up for 3 seasons and then they just do that to him? The same with his mum it was brutal what happened and unexpected but just made them pointless characters. I just think the Starks in this are pointless they have been destroyed and the Cannisters are just too strong for them. All you have is Jon Snow and the younger kids what chance do they have? 

Have to say the torture to GreyJoy is kind of brutal to watch. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So you game of throne fans who told me gets good from end of season 3, have just finished this.

Have to say yes it was a very good episode very surprising as we of course was not expecting that to happen. What I will say is what was the purpose of Robb? I mean this show has built him up for 3 seasons and then they just do that to him? The same with his mum it was brutal what happened and unexpected but just made them pointless characters. I just think the Starks in this are pointless they have been destroyed and the Cannisters are just too strong for them. All you have is Jon Snow and the younger kids what chance do they have? 

Have to remember it's a marathon not a sprint.

The show is based on a massive book series. Lots of twists and turns. Killing off major characters is certainly a hallmark of this show.

Hang in there :)

Seth MacFarlane's 'The Orville' is surprisingly good! 

The jokes can be a bit 'meh' at times, the acting a bit wooden, but it's got heart and the social commentary aspects surprised me a bit. An easy, but enjoyable watch. 

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Have to remember it's a marathon not a sprint.

The show is based on a massive book series. Lots of twists and turns. Killing off major characters is certainly a hallmark of this show.

Hang in there :)

I must admit I have never read one of the books sne. it only seems to be one way of the killing of major characters though. even the dragon queen has really been untouched its mainly the starks. will see what direction they go with season 4. the one thing that i have noticed with season 2 and 3 the 2nd from last episode has been better than the last one of the season! i guess that adds to the shock factor 

57 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Have to say yes it was a very good episode very surprising as we of course was not expecting that to happen. What I will say is what was the purpose of Robb? I mean this show has built him up for 3 seasons and then they just do that to him?

Which is EXACTLY the point.

If the people who died were trivial characters then there would have been zero impact. As it was, when I first read that part in the book I was genuinely shocked and surprised.

59 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

the Cannisters

He's done it again! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Designer1 said:

Which is EXACTLY the point.

If the people who died were trivial characters then there would have been zero impact. As it was, when I first read that part in the book I was genuinely shocked and surprised.

He's done it again! :D

i know lannisters oops:crylaugh:

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

They featured in 3 whole seasons! Hardly pointless characters mate.  Plus don't underestimate the remaining starks! Keep with it. 

The red wedding episode is one of the best episodes I have ever seen of any tv show. 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They featured in 3 whole seasons! Hardly pointless characters mate.  Plus don't underestimate the remaining starks! Keep with it. 

The red wedding episode is one of the best episodes I have ever seen of any tv show. 

They featured but did nothing in those three seasons! It was definitely a good scene without question though but I don't think I'd go that far and say its one of the best ever on a tv show.

But i am enjoying it abit more now its keeping me interested.

I thought the general etiquette of the thread was not to disclose any specific spoilers/plots of any show, regardless of how long ago it aired unless it is in the spoiler tags? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I thought the general etiquette of the thread was not to disclose any specific spoilers/plots of any show, regardless of how long ago it aired unless it is in the spoiler tags? 

Agreed. 

I know GOT has been out for years, but I've not gotten round to it yet and now I know all about this Cannister fella. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â