Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

Just now, Midfielder said:

What Brit stuff mate , keep the recommendations coming. I have The Wire and Dexter on the go but have room for expansion. 

Line of Duty (3 seasons) is fantastic. 

Currently watching The Night Manager. Just one series but good cast (Hugh Laurie & Tom Hiddleston)

Then I'll move onto Happy Valley, which is meant to be excellent. 

After that; The Fall and The Missing, I think. 

Broadchurch series 1 is excellent. Series 2, a bit meh

• Like 1

Given it finished almost 10 years ago I am a bit late to the party with this but I am just on the final couple of episodes of Brotherhood.

Only made 3 series unfortunately but it has been excellent. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, maqroll said:

Facebook is rolling out Facebook Live...Black Mirror is looking more and more prophetic by the day.

Hasn't it been out for about a year already?

But yes, Charlie Brooker is an insightful genius.

10 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

@Midfielder & @Xela If you're looking for great British dramas, I highly recommend Utopia and Top Boy. I think both are free to watch on 4 on demand too.   

Cheers squire. I remember watching the first episode of Utopia some years back and thought it was... different! Think I need to check it out again. :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Cheers squire. I remember watching the first episode of Utopia some years back and thought it was... different! Think I need to check it out again. :)

Yeah, it's a bit of a noodle scratcher, but all becomes a lot clearer as the series goes on. Really interesting idea too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

@Midfielder & @Xela If you're looking for great British dramas, I highly recommend Utopia and Top Boy. I think both are free to watch on 4 on demand too.   

Dave. Utopia is one of the greatest things I have ever seen. No BS nor exaggeration. If someone ever wrote something "for me" it was Utopia. @Xela , @Designer1 , @markavfc40 Thanks for these , admittedly I haven't heard of them, I'm writing them down and seeing if I have access for them later. I'm three more episodes into the Wire already (ep 5) , might even get up for a piss soon 

edit, when you look at "box sets" / series, how many seasons they sometimes run for, for channel 4 to cap it at 2, is poor commissioning decision. Surely sufficient demand, surely enough content possible from the writers, loyal fan base, even as a business plan surely that's enough. Maybe they will make more one day. 

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 2

@Xela if Utopia isn't available on your subscription service or on demand thing I'll insist on paying the postage to get it to you. Offers there dude, no strings. 

Scratch the disks, meet Mr Mayhem Edit- oh yeah I forgot like Dave says should be on 4 on demand

61057177.jpg

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 1

@Midfielder The wire is fantastic mate and I personally think you won't find anything to beat it. I am not sure what else you have seen/been recommended but a few I have seen over recent years and would highly recommend are Boardwalk Empire, House of Cards, Breaking Bad, Sopranos, The Affair.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

@Midfielder The wire is fantastic mate and I personally think you won't find anything to beat it. I am not sure what else you have seen/been recommended but a few I have seen over recent years and would highly recommend are Boardwalk Empire, House of Cards, Breaking Bad, Sopranos, The Affair.

Like mind, like mind. The sopranos , seen it through prob three times. Boardwalk empire just the once recent,y, loved it, breaking bad through twice and rate that supremely. I've been championing Sons of Anarchy a bit lately and I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but me I bloody loved it. I loved the characters, the plots, the conflict, the twists, I loved everything about it. 

Also I am giving no spoilers but here's a random tiny mention for any The Shield fans and that's Venus Van Dam in the later series, yep that's right, Walton Goggins in brief appearances... The writer of Sons is one of the writers / producers of the Shield and whipped out Goggins comically, not Cletus, but Venus. I'm saying nothing. 

But yes, Sons, I bloody loved it. 

Edit . the Affair, I've never heard of, going on the list. Cheers

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, darrenm said:

Hasn't it been out for about a year already?

But yes, Charlie Brooker is an insightful genius.

I wouldn't know, I'm not on Facebook, but over here, they're doing a big ad campaign, so I thought it was a new thing..

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

People hate on season 2 way too much. I don't understand it, I don't see any drop off in quality at all. 

I've said this before, but it's much better second time round.

I think first time round people are so into the drug story that when Season 2 pops up and it's about the docks it's a bit of an anti climax, and the very real quality is lost in your disappointment that the story has shifted from what you'd gotten used to.

Second time round you don't have that expectation so you don't miss that.

I totally agree, fwiw, there's no drop off in quality. It's an excellent season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I've said this before, but it's much better second time round.

I think first time round people are so into the drug story that when Season 2 pops up and it's about the docks it's a bit of an anti climax, and the very real quality is lost in your disappointment that the story has shifted from what you'd gotten used to.

Second time round you don't have that expectation so you don't miss that.

I totally agree, fwiw, there's no drop off in quality. It's an excellent season.

Good points. 

Latest episode of WestWorld was just wow. I was struggling to stay with it up until about Ep 5 but now it's completely absorbing. Hopkins seems to have been born to play the role of the truly terrifying, maniacal overlord.

Spoiler

So, Bernard is a memory of Arnold who has know blown his own brains out? Is anyone real? Is Hopkins real or just some AI gone insane?

• Like 1

I've just finished episode 5. I thought I'd put Caligula on by accident.

It does seem to be Lost set in the west. Abrams seems to be trying to trying to fix some of the Lindelof and Cuse created issues from Lost.

16 hours ago, V01 said:

It might be a marmite season but it also contains the single greatest scene in TV history.

better than Breaking Bad season 5 - that episode near the end.

edit - oh sorry, i mis-read as episode, not scene.

Edited by ender4

10 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Latest episode of WestWorld was just wow. I was struggling to stay with it up until about Ep 5 but now it's completely absorbing. Hopkins seems to have been born to play the role of the truly terrifying, maniacal overlord.

Hide contents

So, Bernard is a memory of Arnold who has know blown his own brains out? Is anyone real? Is Hopkins real or just some AI gone insane?

Spoiler

yes, Ford was shown to be a robot a couple of episodes ago.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â