Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

7 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Does anyone watch Dexter?

ive tried this for the first time and was surprised by it ... Good first episode but I guess that's the point of a pilot episode. Trying episode two now. Odd premise, liking it. 

Dexter is great for about 3 or 4 seasons. Starts to lose quality after that, by season 7 or 8 (can't remember exactly) it completely loses the plot and is unbearably cringy. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Dexter is great for about 3 or 4 seasons. Starts to lose quality after that, by season 7 or 8 (can't remember exactly) it completely loses the plot and is unbearably cringy. 

Ah, thanks for the heads up. Liked episode two as much as one so will watch more with a caveat of due crapness being likely. Cheers 

46 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Ah, thanks for the heads up. Liked episode two as much as one so will watch more with a caveat of due crapness being likely. Cheers 

I've got through the first four series in about three weeks, it's very watchable so I recommend you stick with it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Have you finished The Wire already? 

Started The Night Manager last night. Good first episode.

Finished Line of Duty last week... it was excellent but just felt the last episode was a bit rushed

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

In the UK, the actor who plays Bronn (Jerome Flynn) will be forever remembered as part of the God awful singing duo, Robson and Jerome. He is great in GoT, but once you've heard him singing Unchained Melody, you die a little inside, and can't ever look at him the same way again. 

I genuinely had not clicked that was the same person

Same.

Started an interesting new show about a former Marine sniper. He gets a visit from an ex squadmate who is now working for a government agency asking him to help stop an assassination attempt on the President. 

I saw the twist coming from a mile away...

It's called Shooter.

Its even produced by Wahlberg and the character name is the same. I'm guessing its a complete replica of the film, just dragged out for longer. 

10 hours ago, Midfielder said:

first 4 seasons are fantastic.

season 7 and 8 go a bit pants.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Xela said:

Have you finished The Wire already? 

No mate, I motored ahead with the entirety of Sons of Anarchy instead, though I did watch episode 2 of season 2 last night, the season you said might be Marmite, the one surrounding the docks. 

It has come to the point that apart from football, maybe F1, I don't watch a single minute of "channel" TV in a week. All about the box sets lately but the wire I'm still with. 

Edited by Midfielder

Season 3 and 4 are the pinnacle of The Wire. 

I'm concentrating on Brit stuff for the time being. Missed quite a lot of decent shows because I don't watch normal TV. Its just catch up / streaming for me now

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Season 3 and 4 are the pinnacle of The Wire. 

I'm concentrating on Brit stuff for the time being. Missed quite a lot of decent shows because I don't watch normal TV. Its just catch up / streaming for me now

What Brit stuff mate , keep the recommendations coming. I have The Wire and Dexter on the go but have room for expansion. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â