Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

22 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I like OfaH but they really, really, REALLY should have left it after they became millionaires.

It was the perfect ending and they **** it all up by bringing them back for more episodes (which were poor anyway).

That's where it was supposed to end, but the BBC saw an opportunity to milk it and milk it they did. 

As the show trundled on they introduced a lot more serial drama to the situational setting of the show and I remember finding it a bit jarring at the time. I say at the time, I mean watching reruns on UK Gold! I'm interested to see how it flows now, binge watching them back to back. I would imagine the transition is a lot more subtle than I found it as a teenager viewing them for the first time. 

First Luke Cage impressions have come in, based on the first 7 episodes of the series. Apparently it's very good and a bit different to the other Marvel Netflix shows,a bit less dark and brooding and very heavily weighted towards the rap and R&B style the trailers have shown. It's also apparently quite openly political at times.

Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

On 06/09/2016 at 16:10, Paddywhack said:

I love Only Fools, not really because of the famous scenes like Delboy falling though the bar, but because of the dialogue and the writing, mainly in the early episodes with Granddad. They're genius.

One of my favourite lines.. "Del, this is our air-filter, our life line, our umbilical cord and one thing you must never do with an umbilical cord is bash it about with a hammer"

"There was I in a Soho nightclub drinking champagne with a bird called Camilla, and I suddenly realised I didn't even do the bloody pools"

• Like 1

Only fools was genius and I never get fed up of watching it, although @Designer1 is right about them taking it too far. One of my favourite parts is when trigger and Rodney are sat in the town hall and Rodney asks trigger why he calls him Dave.

ive just started watching ' in sickness and in health' another old classic.

• Like 2

Gilmore Girls - just stick with me here. My wife has tried to make me watch it ever since we have been married (5years). I refused thinking it was some crap chick flick tv show. However, I finally started watching it a few months ago and I have really enjoyed it. The writing is brilliant, fast dialogue, great characters and I love the setting. It makes you feel good and want to live there!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Just finished season two of Narcos. Already googling what happened next in real life...

That show is as addictive as coke...

I literally just finished it this second myself. 

For once I feel the urge to write a proper review when I get the chance. It's astonishing, I cannot pick a single fault with it and it has overtaken The Wire as the greatest ever at this point, for me. 

The king is dead, long live the kings. 

10 hours ago, omariqy said:

Gilmore Girls - just stick with me here. My wife has tried to make me watch it ever since we have been married (5years). I refused thinking it was some crap chick flick tv show. However, I finally started watching it a few months ago and I have really enjoyed it. The writing is brilliant, fast dialogue, great characters and I love the setting. It makes you feel good and want to live there!

59041659.jpg

:D

Edited by Meath_Villan

22 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I literally just finished it this second myself. 

For once I feel the urge to write a proper review when I get the chance. It's astonishing, I cannot pick a single fault with it and it has overtaken The Wire as the greatest ever at this point, for me. 

The king is dead, long live the kings. 

Gomorrah > Narcos

Edited by Designer1

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That's basically impossible. 2+2 cannot = 5. 

I'm wandering around in a daze thinking what the **** am I going to do with my life for the next year or so. I only started watching S2 two days ago!

Narcos is outstanding TV, but for me Gomorrah (especially S2) just edges it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â