Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

I've given up on Boardwalk Empire after 5 or so episodes. It just wasn't very good IMO. Don't get me wrong, the production values are fantastic and it was quite clearly hugely budgeted and highly polished but that's all it was. Self-indulgence for Scorcese & Winter. So I've left the missus to travel that Saturday night road alone now :)

I gave it 4 episodes and to be honest , I find it boring.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

ELLROY'S AMERICAN TABLOID SET FOR HBO!

James Ellroy's hardboiled and graphic tales have long provided grist for Hollywood's cinimatic mill. Now actor Tom Hanks will be tackling the work of James Ellroy for HBO.

Hanks' production company, Playtone, is coming off of tremendous success with the HBO mini'series John Adams. They will bring Ellroy's American Tabloid and, it's sequel The Cold Six Thousand, to the same channel.

"We are behind, and below, the scenes of JFK's presidential election, the Bay of Pigs, the assassination--in the underworld that connects Miami, Los Angeles, Chicago, D.C. . . .Where the CIA, the Mob, J. Edgar Hoover, Howard Hughes, Jimmy Hoffa, Cuban political exiles, and various loose cannons conspire in a covert anarchy . . .Where the right drugs, the right amount of cash, the right murder, buys a moment of a man's loyalty . . .Where three renegade law-enforcement officers--a former L.A. cop and two FBI agents--are shaping events with the virulence of their greed and hatred, riding full-blast shotgun into history. . . . "

Kirk Ellis will adapt the novels. Ellis was the writer for John Adams and will be bringing David McCullough's 1776 to HBO as well. McCullough was the author the John Adams bio that the mini-series was based on. Ellis has a fair amount of experience in adapting literary material for film and television.

According to Variety, it has not been decided whether this will be a mini-series or a regular show.

Ellroy is the author of over a dozen novels, including L.A. Confidential and The Black Dahlia.

Link

That was dated 2008 - any of you HBO experts know if it's still likely to happen?

Has anyone seen the British cop show Luther starring Idris Elba?

if you havent you really should.......

just finished the first series on DVD (second series hasnt been aired on TV yet i dont think)...its only about 8 quid on the internet and definately worth the money...

some great storylines (5th episode is a real standout and provided one of those moments where you actually shout "no way!" at the TV), Elba is brilliant and the portrayal of the serial killers really unnerved me at times

cant wait for series 2

just finished the first series on DVD (second series hasnt been aired on TV yet i dont think)...its only about 8 quid on the internet and definately worth the money...

some great storylines (5th episode is a real standout and provided one of those moments where you actually shout "no way!" at the TV), Elba is brilliant and the portrayal of the serial killers really unnerved me at times

cant wait for series 2

I've heard amazing things about that show! I've got the first few episodes but need to give them a watch!

My favourite shows are Fringe, Dexter and Supernatural. Recently I've started watching a show called 'Lights Out'. Its a boxing show about a retired boxer who makes a comeback. Great show for any boxing fans!

My favourite shows are Fringe, Dexter and Supernatural. Recently I've started watching a show called 'Lights Out'. Its a boxing show about a retired boxer who makes a comeback. Great show for any boxing fans!

Rocky Balboa?

Rocky Balboa?

It's a lil like that but its pretty decent. I would recommmend it to any one, especially a boxing fan.

cant wait for series 2

I've heard amazing things about that show! I've got the first few episodes but need to give them a watch!

It is very good. Caught the tail end of the first series when it was first braudcast, well worth a watch.

Treme is great. I went to university in New Orleans, the one Goodman's character is a professor at (Tulane), but haven't been back post-Katrina. Yesterday was Mardi Gras day...I really miss it. Great series so far.

Eastbound and Down: I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE it! But it's all about if you like that sense of humour, very hit or miss for people. I just love it. So many amazing 1 liners. "Undaunted, I knew the game was mine to win. Just like in life, all of my successes depend on me. I'm the man who has the ball, I'm the man who can throw it faster than f+ck. So that is why I am better than everyone in the world. Kiss my a+s and suck my d+ck, everyone." The guy who plays Stevie, his assistant, is hilarious too.

I'm getting into How to make it in America. Entourage producers. Excellent.

Sky Atlantic is amazing. Old Sopranos episodes also. I love you Sky.

No Ordinary Family is turning out to be more fun than the last 3 seasons of Heroes were . Raising Hope can be hilarious and Modern Family just gets better and better . Parks and Recreation whilst always being great went up a notch the minute Rob Lowe joined the cast . Ron Swanson is one of the greatest characters on TV . If you don't know who he is then just type " Ron Swanson's pyramid of greatness " on Youtube . :crylaugh:

no no no chaps, i felt the same after 4-5 epiosdes of boardwalk empire...

then it just gets better and better as the story picks up pace, trust me, stick with...

I will pick it back up again , I'm sure .

What's the consensus on NCIS, anybody? I've only just recently begun getting interested in TV drama.

It's alright. Passes the time easy enough. It's not amazing, but it's better than CSI.

Treme is great. I went to university in New Orleans, the one Goodman's character is a professor at (Tulane), but haven't been back post-Katrina. Yesterday was Mardi Gras day...I really miss it. Great series so far.

Eastbound and Down: I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE it! But it's all about if you like that sense of humour, very hit or miss for people. I just love it. So many amazing 1 liners. "Undaunted, I knew the game was mine to win. Just like in life, all of my successes depend on me. I'm the man who has the ball, I'm the man who can throw it faster than f+ck. So that is why I am better than everyone in the world. Kiss my a+s and suck my d+ck, everyone." The guy who plays Stevie, his assistant, is hilarious too.

Love Eastbound and Down too, only watched first 4 episodes but it's brilliant. I'll give How to make it in America a go too, loved Entourage.

Just started watching The Sopranos for the first time and I really like it! Can't believe it's took me this long to watch it.

Love Eastbound and Down too, only watched first 4 episodes but it's brilliant. I'll give How to make it in America a go too, loved Entourage.

Just started watching The Sopranos for the first time and I really like it! Can't believe it's took me this long to watch it.

How to Make it in America is on tonight on Sky Atlantic.

Kenny Powers is the Fcking man!!!!!! I find myself quoting him all the time.

Try Treme, you won't be disappointed.

I'm gonna hang on with Boardwalk Empire, hopefully it will pick up.

Is the actor who plays young Al Capone the same crazy skinhead from This is England?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â