Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

Anyone watched The Following?

If you can suspend your disbelief and watch it long enough to stop seeing Bacon as the EE man it's a decent watch and once half-way or so through the first season was hooked and plowed through it and the second.

I watched the first season and found it decent but not great.

Should i watch the second series, or is it not as good as the first season?  how much worse/better?

I really enjoyed the second season, probably more entertainment wise than the first. Finished it in about a week or so I think, while watched the first over a course of months.

May have been because I knew what to expect in terms of realism though, but I'd think having made it through the first season without having to stop due to the "ffs this would never happen in real-life" thoughts, then it's definitely worth a go.

Watched the last 2 episodes of season 2 of The Wire and it was excellent! The start of s2 was slow but the last 4-5 episodes were great. I'm back with it now and start s3 tonight 

• Like 4

So, I need something to pass the time. Is 'The Walking Dead' worth the effort?

I watched the first few episodes when they came out and wasn't entirely sold.

Apparently if you can see past the terrible script and awful cheesey overacting, it's a very good show.

I couldn't. First season was enough for me to switch off.

Enjoyed the first season of Battlestar Galactica.

It's a little cheesy now and again and there were a couple of weak episodes, but there are some nice underlying themes to the storylines and the majority of the acting is solid (always been a fan of E.J.Olmos so he's a big bonus).

It's not top tier material (at least not yet) but it's done enough to make me want to watch the rest of it.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

So, I need something to pass the time. Is 'The Walking Dead' worth the effort?

I watched the first few episodes when they came out and wasn't entirely sold.

It has its moments. If you're looking for something that you can switch off and watch, without having to think too much, it's perfect.

• Like 1

Walking Dead started very well, I ended up watching it as the missus was in to it and I got hooked. The last series and half it has become a bit samey and the cliffhanger for the midseason break was probably the poorest of the lost so far.

The US version of House of Cards is excellent, and Kevin Spacey is brilliant in it.  Apart from one bit at the end of the second series:

The bit where he and his wife BOTH get off with the bodyguard bloke at the same time, what on earth was that about?!

The US version of House of Cards is excellent, and Kevin Spacey is brilliant in it.  Apart from one bit at the end of the second series:

The bit where he and his wife BOTH get off with the bodyguard bloke at the same time, what on earth was that about?!

I thought the second series paled in comparison to the first to be honest.

He just got away with too much, It got a little ridiculous by the end.

Edited by Designer1

Just read that the TV adaptation of Preacher is finally getting a pilot episode.

This is great news (as long as they don't blow it of course).

I love Preacher, but I will be amazed if they keep it remotely faithful.

When it came down to choosing between the two current versions of Sherlock Holmes I always preferred Elementary because Cumberbatch is just the wrong side of too irritating for me in it.

But sadly series 3 has done its best to replicate the Fonz on a surfboard

Third character, whatever her name is has completely ruined the dynamic

Well Homeland just gave me a proper mind-****

That was a doozy!
I did sit there thinking it cant be him..............................can it?
It had me thinking! Fair play!

Thought last nights episode of Homeland was top notch

Excellent again. Itching for next weeks!!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â