Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

The penultimate episode of Breaking Bad trumps all for me. Pine Barrens was great, but it was over hyped to me. I wish it had caught me off guard.

1st episode of the sopranos i ever watched so it caught me off guard the other way!

think i picked it up from the suns tv column "if theres only 1 thing you watch this week" had never heard of the sopranos before, that was me hooked in an instant

I think Peaky Blinders is pretty poor, if it was the same programme but without the gangster element then I don't think it would attract the viewers, some really corny dialogue too. It's no way better than Boardwalk. In fact it reminds me of Eastenders.

Livia Soprano's wake episode and the one where Christopher sat on his girlfriend's Cat and killed it, are two of my favourite Soprano episodes.

Edited by useless

I thought the new Doctor Who looked familiar, he played the lovestruck geek in Local Hero way back when.

If you've not seen it, I heartily recommend The Thick of It. His character, Malcolm Tucker is iconic. 

• Like 1

Just started that old Aaaron Sorkin series Studio 60 on Sunset Boulevard

Are you still watching The Leftovers?

I've just finished episode 6 and I still can't decide if I actually like it or not. It's a very odd and depressing programme, but equally it's intriguing and superbly made. I can't tell if it's actually going to go anywhere though?

Anyone else watching it?

I've just finished episode 6 and I still can't decide if I actually like it or not. It's a very odd and depressing programme, but equally it's intriguing and superbly made. I can't tell if it's actually going to go anywhere though?

Anyone else watching it?

I've kind of left it on the back burner. I decided after the second episode that it was something I wanted to watch but in big chunks, so I'm awaiting the season end before I dive back in.

Anyone else watching it?

I finished the first series. I echo exactly what you said. I really liked it.

Don't be expecting any answers.

Anyone else watching it?

Just finished the Nora episode, it is a strange one, the fact that in I think 5 episodes they've had 1 dedicated to Nora and 1 dedicated to Christopher ecclestone is strange in itself

Echo that it's hard to know where it's going, although the end of the Nora episode it does also go back to what some said about peaky blinders, it's definitely got that US tv thing of a huge cast that is being developed and cleverly all tied in together

I'm loving this season of Hell on Wheels.

Back on last night after a mid season break.

Also, it has been renewed for a fifth (and final) series according to this.

As expected, Hell On Wheels will be returning for a fifth season. But it will be AMC’s unsung ratings hero’s final go-around. The network has given a 14-episode fifth season pickup to the Western period drama. Like it has done with its other signature series, including Mad Men and Breaking Bad, AMC will split the final season of Hell On Wheels into two, with seven episodes airing in 2015 and seven in 2016.

Edited by snowychap

Studio 60 was fantastic. Such a shame it got cancelled. Was quality!

I'm onto the second to last disc and have to say it's proper good now. I was a bit iffy about it but if I read correctly online they put it on hiatus in the US halfway through the series and it seems to have improved since about episode 15, probably because they had to accelerate a lot of the storylines.

• Like 1

I just got Netflix, half way through Orange in the New Black at the moment (bit lightweight, occasionally funny, quite enjoyable) and I think I'll do House of Cards next.  How closely related is it to the BBC original from the 1990s? 

Can't say as I didn't see the original, but it's a fantastic show. Spacey makes it, naturally, and it is very heavy with the political mumbo jumbo but it's not key to know all of that to enjoy it. It's a brilliant show, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Watched the first five episodes of House of Cards now and I'm loving it.  It is fairly faithful to the BBC show, or at least what I can remember of it (the lead character has the same name, he breaks the 4th wall a lot) , so I do kinda know what is coming but it doesn't matter because this show is about the journey and not the destination.  Highly recommended, and that theme tune is just :wub: 

• Like 1

Peaky Blinders was very good, best drama from the BBC for sometime. Boardwalk was great until the last series, it felt like one series to many.

The series got cancelled so they had to cut the story short and tie everything up in 8 episodes. Had they been given the full 13-16 episodes it would have been a much better ending. 

Parks and Recreation - I just cannot watch enough episodes.

I was sad to learn there's only going to be 7 seasons of it. 

I don't usually like TV that much, but it's just... the best thing I've watched since The Office I think.

• Like 1

Had a fairly easy weekend so watched a lot of TV...

Blacklist - season 1 - completed this and I must say, very impressed. Wasn't sure after 4 or 5 episodes but i'm a big fan now. Spader is great as always.

Luther - series 1 - halfway through the 6 episodes and it reaffirms my view on how good it is. Elba is wonderful. Best British Crime drama for a long time

Wire - season 1 - completed this and as everyone warned me, i'm hooked! Started season 2 last night, too early to comment yet

The Office (UK) Xmas special - I don't think British comedy gets better than this. The 2 series are great but the 2 part Chrimbo special tops them all. A fantastic ending to a perfect show. 

Anyone watch Brooklyn nine-nine? Think it's brilliant, Stephanie Beatriz <3

Cracking little comedy - proper funny and reminds me of Police Squad from the 80's.

I was surprised how good it is actually.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â