Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

Saw the first episode of this season.

It's basically an entirely new show with a couple of the old characters.

not expecting much. My main problem with Homeland is that I despise Carrie. I find it hard to enjoy a show where I hate the main character

Problem with Homeland is they had a show that was just 1 season and then tried to make it into a tv show. Like Prison Break I'd say.

I thought the first series was great then the second series was pretty much the same as the first and I stopped watching because I could see it was going down the prison break route

Are they still chasing the same undercover terrorist bloke?

Are they still chasing the same undercover terrorist bloke?

No.

It now looks like a standard spy/secret services type drama - with a few bits of commentary that still suggest there's the underlying questioning of 'the war on terrrrr' that there was in the first series.

It will be interesting to see where they go with that kind of stuff.

Each to their own.

I think you're mistaken - he's no Richardson or Olivier, I grant, but I don't think the 'awful' assessment is warranted.

Have you seen him in Sin City or The Bourne Identity? Dreadful.

Nice guy from what I've seen on chat shows, but a dreadful actor.

• Like 1

Why did they even bother introducing a baby? No one wants that in a homeland security series.

They'd started to sow the seeds of how they were going to get rid of the baby literally the week after it was introduced.

Superb.

Yup, The International, Children of Men, Inside Man... uh... think that's about it.

He's naff. I mean, the actors in Sin City had licence to be a bit silly, but he was just so, so shit. That accent too, man that was bad.

Why did they even bother introducing a baby? No one wants that in a homeland security series.

They'd started to sow the seeds of how they were going to get rid of the baby literally the week after it was introduced.

Superb.

On that note, I'm not sure what was more disturbing. That bath scene or the scene with the fatty manager.
  • Like 1

Yup,

Cool. I thought you may have picked two things in order to prove your point.

As I said above - each to their own.

I've enjoyed watching him in a few things - firstly Chancer (though that shows my age rather than any (of his) ability), then things like Close My Eyes and Croupier and, now, in The Knick.

He's decent. He may well have been dreadful in some things. I'm not Clive Owen's fan club. Calling him an awful actor seemed like a load of old wrinkly, hyperbolic bollocks. Still does. :D

Edited by snowychap

Each to their own.

I think you're mistaken - he's no Richardson or Olivier, I grant, but I don't think the 'awful' assessment is warranted.

He's a very odd one for me, one of those actors who frustrates me because he's capable of being good, but seems to choose poorly.

He certainly 'has it in his locker' (ugh football cliche) to be very good indeed.

• Like 1

As you say, each to their own. I'm certainly not saying you're wrong and I haven't seen Chancer, Close My Eyes, Croupier or The Knick so there's every possibility he puts in a great performance there. I'd like to believe he's capable of it, as I said, he comes across as a really nice guy.

Speaking of actors who come across as really nice guys, I listened to the Nerdist podcast with John Lithgow earlier today. He was the nicest guy and very full of joy. Great actor to boot.

As you say, each to their own. I'm certainly not saying you're wrong and I haven't seen Chancer, Close My Eyes, Croupier or The Knick so there's every possibility he puts in a great performance there. I'd like to believe he's capable of it, as I said, he comes across as a really nice guy.

Haven't seen Chancer or The Knick myself either.

I thought he was good in Children of Men, Trust, Closer and Duplicity though. So capable but not consisent.

The Charles N'Zogbia of movies if you like.

Superb.

Ha yeah, I assume that the baby will be completely forgotten about from now on. At least Brody's daughter isn't in it this series, she was an even bigger plonker than Kim Bauer. She spent half the last series fannying about getting into ridiculous mischief for absolutely no reason to do with the rest of the story.

Superb.

Ha yeah, I assume that the baby will be completely forgotten about from now on. At least Brody's daughter isn't in it this series, she was an even bigger plonker than Kim Bauer. She spent half the last series fannying about getting into ridiculous mischief for absolutely no reason to do with the rest of the story.
Definitely would have though.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â