Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

The old cutaway gags criticism.

Similar to criticising Strictly Come Dancing for having too much dancing in it.

Only if it was called cutaway gag guy.

It is fairly amusing but it cheap and simple humour.  I'm pretty sure most people with a decent sense of humour and good knowledge of pop culture could write an episode of Family Guy.

But the point is that's why people like it.

So saying "but it's all just cutaway gags" is like saying "you only like it because it contains stuff you like"

I've said before, Family Guy is half cartoon, half sketch show. That's why people enjoy it. They don't watch it for in depth plots and detailed character development. They watch it for cheap laughs and "random" humour.

It's like criticising South Park for being smutty

Which many people do.

Re: Family Guy, That's all well and good, like I said I find it amusing, but it would never go down as one of the greats. (IMO, which is of course very important).

Edited by Wainy316

Archer.  Hadn't so much as watched a second of it until Monday, gave it a try and am now two seasons down.  How have I never seen this?!

It's absolutely brilliant isn't it?

The episode in the blimp is my favourite. When they're trying to diffuse the bomb :crylaugh:

That too is my favourite episode, but they're all brilliant.

I seriously considered writing a script for Archer and sending it in. I was going to do a Christmas special where Malory planned on using the office Christmas party money to build a new wing on her condo in South Beach but everyone else wanted to get wasted and Pam wanted to use the opportunity to get Lana under the mistletoe because the thought of it made her 'sploosh'. Meanwhile, Archer, Lana and Cyril are forced to work Xmas Eve in the North Pole and find out that they've been sent on a mission to assassinate Santa and destroy his workshop... leaving no witnesses.

Season 2 of The Wire is much better second time round.

My theory on that is because when everyone watches the Wire the first time, the first season is obviously all about the towers and the corners and drugs and gangsters and cops etc etc

Then when you get on to season 2 it's suddenly about stevedores and union politics. Which doesn't seem very exciting in contrast to the first season so it seems like a bit of a let down at first.

When you watch the Wire the second time round, you're aware of what's coming in season 2 and you can appreciate it for what it is without it being tainted by the fact it isn't all about gangsters and drug wars.

the only thing I hate about Season 2 is Ziggy what a little prick

though Frank Sobotka is a hero of the working class :)

I ain't gonna read the books, so why not, even if it is hard to get emotionally involved because they are all tossers (apart from Jon Snow).

That's part of the joy, but it doesn't translate as well to TV because the book chapters are told from a character POV.  Therefore being told from their eyes everyone else is the tossers especially with the POV character propaganda and untruths/rumours that spread round in the story.

Anyone watch Revolution?

If you can stomach the first season which is complete and utter trash then you might be in for a pleasant surprise the second season so far has been really good

I also give Almost Human a watch pretty good so far

Anyone watch Revolution?

If you can stomach the first season which is complete and utter trash then you might be in for a pleasant surprise the second season so far has been really good

I also give Almost Human a watch pretty good so far

I liked almost human, a fairly procedural cop show but the two main characters are good. Karl Urban's way of dealing with his first robot partner was brilliant. Also the line "don't scan my balls!" Is my favourite on any new show this year.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â