Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

Family Guy ...

... has

killed off Brian the dog and replaced him with a new dog.

Nooo 

this must be some kind of troll by macfarlane, I'm not believing Brian is gone for good, the Brian and Stewie episodes were the best!!

Stuie has a time machine.

Which he has dismantled and can no longer use, therefore being unable to go back and stop him from being run over. Covered in the episode itself, it appears

Balls, I shall watch when I get home.

Family Guy ...

... has

killed off Brian the dog and replaced him with a new dog.

uDkwPFX.png

It probably won't Brian was one of the only characters that had any sort of chemistry with the others, as AVFCforever said, the Brian and Stewie were the best episodes

Meh... I prefer American Dad anyway, it's much, much funnier with the bonus of not being 50% cutaway gags (or Manatee gags if you will :P)

Two shows I've just started watching:

Longmire, about a crusty old Sheriff in small town Wyoming; and

Strike Back Project Dawn which is a bit of a spy/special forces type show with plenty of blood and plenty of tits. I don't watch much British TV but I decided to give this a go.

Both quite watchable shows even if not the most memorable TV going around.

Boardwalk Empire.....

Richard

:( At least he finally found his peace

Yeah im gutted

Great episode though.

Without knowing the history I was sure that Torio had something to do with the attempted hit on Capone, and then Capone retaliated, how wrong I was

Boardwalk Empire.....

Richard

Yeah im gutted

Great episode though.

Without knowing the history I was sure that Torio had something to do with the attempted hit on Capone, and then Capone retaliated, how wrong I was

I do not know the history either and i thought that was how things went down was it completely different?

Boardwalk Empire.....

Richard

Yeah im gutted

Great episode though.

I do not know the history either and i thought that was how things went down was it completely different?

Yup

On Saturday, January 24, 1925, in retaliation for the O'Banion assassination, North Siders Hymie WeissVincent Drucci, and Bugs Moran attacked Torrio as he was returning to his apartment at 7106 South Clyde Avenue from a shopping trip with Anna, his wife. A hail of gunfire from Weiss and Moran greeted Torrio's car, shattering its glass. Torrio was struck in the jaw, lungs, groin, legs, and abdomen. Moran attempted to deliver the coup de grâce into Torrio's skull, but ran out of ammunition. Drucci signaled that it was time to go, and the three North Siders left the scene. The severely wounded Torrio survived.

Boardwalk Empire.....

Richard

Yeah im gutted

Great episode though.

Yup

On Saturday, January 24, 1925, in retaliation for the O'Banion assassination, North Siders Hymie WeissVincent Drucci, and Bugs Moran attacked Torrio as he was returning to his apartment at 7106 South Clyde Avenue from a shopping trip with Anna, his wife. A hail of gunfire from Weiss and Moran greeted Torrio's car, shattering its glass. Torrio was struck in the jaw, lungs, groin, legs, and abdomen. Moran attempted to deliver the coup de grâce into Torrio's skull, but ran out of ammunition. Drucci signaled that it was time to go, and the three North Siders left the scene. The severely wounded Torrio survived.

No way, I thought it was the way you thought it was. Interesting. 

The old cutaway gags criticism.

Similar to criticising Strictly Come Dancing for having too much dancing in it.

Only if it was called cutaway gag guy.

It is fairly amusing but it cheap and simple humour.  I'm pretty sure most people with a decent sense of humour and good knowledge of pop culture could write an episode of Family Guy.

Season 2 of The Wire is much better second time round.

My theory on that is because when everyone watches the Wire the first time, the first season is obviously all about the towers and the corners and drugs and gangsters and cops etc etc

Then when you get on to season 2 it's suddenly about stevedores and union politics. Which doesn't seem very exciting in contrast to the first season so it seems like a bit of a let down at first.

When you watch the Wire the second time round, you're aware of what's coming in season 2 and you can appreciate it for what it is without it being tainted by the fact it isn't all about gangsters and drug wars.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

The old cutaway gags criticism.

Similar to criticising Strictly Come Dancing for having too much dancing in it.

Only if it was called cutaway gag guy.

It is fairly amusing but it cheap and simple humour.  I'm pretty sure most people with a decent sense of humour and good knowledge of pop culture could write an episode of Family Guy.

But the point is that's why people like it.

So saying "but it's all just cutaway gags" is like saying "you only like it because it contains stuff you like"

I've said before, Family Guy is half cartoon, half sketch show. That's why people enjoy it. They don't watch it for in depth plots and detailed character development. They watch it for cheap laughs and "random" humour.

It's like criticising South Park for being smutty

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â