1) 24

2) Game of Thrones

3) Battlestar Galactica

4) Breaking Bad

5) Friends

6) Lost

7) Prison Break

8) Smallville (guilty pleasure :-) )

I like the way you name Smallville as a guilty pleasure and not Friends  ;)

Anyway, I have a Breaking Bad sized hole in my TV screen.  Any suggestions on what to fill it with?

Edited by Wainy316

what did everyone think of agents of shield? cant work out if I liked it or if it will just get lost once homeland and BE are back

I hope it gets less cheesy as the season progresses, but i cant see it.  Disappointing!

Why does American TV think everybody has to be ridiculously good looking?

what did everyone think of agents of shield? cant work out if I liked it or if it will just get lost once homeland and BE are back

I hope it gets less cheesy as the season progresses, but i cant see it.  Disappointing!

I thought it was ok but nothing more - it felt to me it relied heavily on the success of the recent Marvel movies and suggests it will be a poor version of Heroes

I thought it was ok but nothing more - it felt to me it relied heavily on the success of the recent Marvel movies and suggests it will be a poor version of Heroes

that was pretty much my thoughts too, think it would have struggled without Coulson, no chance it would work without the references / riding the success of the avengers

think ive read that they aren't going to use actual marvel superheroes in it because the focus is on the agents, but it already felt like they're going to have to in order to keep me interested, not sure if they go with thunderbolts, young avengers or some more obscure characters but chasing "hooded man" every week wont work

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Treme in lists of great shows.

Produced by the same folks as The Wire (with some of the same cast too). Really just a superb array of story lines and characters set against a back drop of some incredible music.

• Like 1

Yeah Agents of Shield was fairly disappointing. I somewhat hope it's just an effect of it being a pilot episode (which are always weird) but I had real issues with it. It really needs some minor superhero back catalogue characters in there, because faceless 'Hollywood beautiful' cardboard cutouts with far too much Whedonism going on is not keeping me with it, and hopefully some more bold characters will kick start it.

Still, I want to like it so I'll give it all the chances to win me over

All I think when watching agents of shield, is that I rather be watching dollhouse or firefly. And I'm fairly certain they recycled the Serenity set for that plane of theirs.

I really enjoyed Dollhouse. 

Pity it got cancelled.   i liked the ending set in the future as well, though i don't think that was part of the proper televised series.    Without that double episode, the actual TV ending was awful. 

I'm struggling through the last season of Dexter... It's like climbing a mountain, the further you go the harder it is.

I thought it was good, but have fun with the last 30 seconds of the finale.

• Like 1

Anyway, I have a Breaking Bad sized hole in my TV screen.  Any suggestions on what to fill it with?

The Walking Dead?

Seen it.

Can anyone vouch for Deadwood?  That's caught my eye.

Well then you should know season 4 starts in 2 weeks :)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â