Luke Young admits he'll leave Villa Park this summer

MR.Smalljob

:lol:

Wow. Just wow.

Yes it's terrible, think here is one which says something good about one of our players, but something less good about our manager? just think they are both employed here, so why is it less easy to say something about the one part but terrible to say something bad about the other part?

I fail to understand, i really do

We know that MON has been after Miguel for a number of years, perhaps this is the year we finally get him. Should MON still walk if he signs Miguel and sells Young?

I would much prefer our RB options are Miguel and Cuellar to Cuellar and Young.

Young is nothing special, the berating of Cuellar seems to of made people think Young is a world beater.

Oh and I really rate Luke Young and can't understand why he isn't generally first choice RB but that comment....well It's a joke to be honest.

why is it? I know which I'd prefer to stay out of the 2, people seem content with a manager who's won the equivalent of the Midland Alliance league and a few league cups, Steve McClaren has a better record than him

He can only win what's put in front of him. A few league cups with Leicester City. Regular promotions with Wycombe, Leicester in the lower leagues. In the Premiership, hasn't he finished top half every season apart from his first season with us? We've finished 6th the last 3 years in a row for the first time in our history in the top division isn't it? Our highest points total in a 38 game season in a Premiership season.

This is what I don't get, what are people expecting. We've finished 6th, above Liverpool with two pretty good cup runs, for the second year running, we've also produced a young player of the year. We're a growing club and with potential and stability can keep building a very good team. Yet people want these quick instant changes which they believe will lead to success. I don't get how anyone can geniunally tell me "6th is too low, cup semi final and also final isn't good enough"....

We've finished 6th, above Liverpool with two pretty good cup runs, for the second year running,

In most of the Doug Ellis years, we did finish mid-table for the most parts, if 6th really so much better than 10th?

I think we have a bigger chance to win something with Luke young, rather than with MON :-)

:lol:

Wow. Just wow.

Yes it's terrible, think here is one which says something good about one of our players, but something less good about our manager? just think they are both employed here, so why is it less easy to say something about the one part but terrible to say something bad about the other part?

I fail to understand, i really do

Errr, when have I said it's wrong to criticise our manager, I question our manager enough times, it's just a ridicolous comment.

A player is a player, they come and go like Laursen, Barry did, we replaced them did we not, thanks to our manager.

When you replace a manager, you are changing a part of the club itself. How training is run, staff behind the doors, the feel of the club, the type of players into the club, the youth system, the mentallity, the objectives of the team. Changing the plan for the present and future. When a team isn't doing their job, who is the one to take the blame? the manager.

he finished 6th 3 years in a row with a net spend of £80 million , wow I think that's the bare minimum fans should expect to be honest

as for the cup runs, we should've been knocked out by Palace who outplayed us at their ground

you forgot to mention the style of football's a joke, he seems to be losing the dressing room with many players seeming to want out

you also didn't mention his lack of rotation or using subs to supplement the side, we had a £10million defender who couldn't get into the squad at the tail end of last season! he's wasted ridiculous amounts of money on very average players such as Sidwell, Shorey, Beye and if decide to cash in on them, we will not recoup the money we paid for them

all in all, I think the bad points outweigh the good and enough is enough

We've finished 6th, above Liverpool with two pretty good cup runs, for the second year running,

In most of the Doug Ellis years, we did finish mid-table for the most parts, if 6th really so much better than 10th?

I think we have a bigger chance to win something with Luke young, rather than with MON :-)

Sorry did you just say is 6th so much better than 10th. :?

well how else do you build.

As a Villa fan, would you want to win say 18 games or 12 games? if you finish 10th, do you think players are attracted to that? 6th is close towards the top therefore attracts better players and therefore allows the club to try and build and constantly compete towards the top of the league.

A player is a player, they come and go like Laursen, Barry did

A manager is a manager, they come and go just like DOL etc.

I still fail to understand

So you fail to understand the importance of a manager?

Okay if O'Neill weren't here and we had say any manager, good or bad. We would of finished 6th?

I'm sorry, I've only read the first three pages of this thread, but can we stick it in the hall of fame

The whole thread so far bears out this assessment. It's like a distillation of all that's barking about some contributions to the site. Comedy gold.

Fair enough. If you rate him so highly then I can understand your objection to MON. I would take Richards or Miguel over Young pretty quickly. Not that he is terrible at all just that he is only an above average player for me. Do you feel the same way about NRC?

I fail to see how either are close to the standard of Young and no doubt they'd cost more than what Young would go for

I think NRC is a very effective centre mid especially when played in a 3 and his career has stalled somewhat recently but it's clear MON doesn't fancy him, therefore a move away would probably suit all parties

he finished 6th 3 years in a row with a net spend of £80 million , wow I think that's the bare minimum fans should expect to be honest

as for the cup runs, we should've been knocked out by Palace who outplayed us at their ground

you forgot to mention the style of football's a joke, he seems to be losing the dressing room with many players seeming to want out

you also didn't mention his lack of rotation or using subs to supplement the side, we had a £10million defender who couldn't get into the squad at the tail end of last season! he's wasted ridiculous amounts of money on very average players such as Sidwell, Shorey, Beye and if decide to cash in on them, we will not recoup the money we paid for them

all in all, I think the bad points outweigh the good and enough is enough

So what, £80 million net spend in 3 years, Man City, Tottenham, Liverpool all have bigger, better squads and have spent more in recent years. when O'Neill came to Villa, Tottenham were top 6 team in the league and have only built on that. We had very little to build upon, look at our squad now. Only Agbonlahor remains. What would you call a decent sized squad? 23/24?....so wait, £80 million net spend, had to infact bring in just over 20 players for the squad so that's a net spend of around £4 million per player average to build a competitive squad. Yes we've wasted money but that's inevitable. We are trying to get the balance right between a very good first 13/14 players and decent enough back up players. As shown, we don't have billions of pounds to play with so simply, say we've got £10 million to spend, do you buy two £5 million strikers say and pay both fairly equally? or do you buy a good £8 million a striker and an average £2 million one just do a back up job if needed. Obviously we can't go into a season with say just 2 strikers, you have to at least the fill squad up even if it's wasting money in the short term for not too much return.

It's easier in say 2/3 years if O'Neill is still here, that we will have a fully settled squad and he has is then able to simply not worry about buying cheap little back up's but straight spend £10-15 million on 1/2 players and that's it. That's the stage Spurs have been at and we are yet to achieve.

A player is a player, they come and go like Laursen, Barry did

A manager is a manager, they come and go just like DOL etc.

I still fail to understand

So you fail to understand the importance of a manager?

Okay if O'Neill weren't here and we had say any manager, good or bad. We would of finished 6th?

I still say that even DOL would make us finished better with the monye spent in the three years MON had

So you still fail to understand the importance of a right back?