The New Condem Government

bickster

I wonder how many of the old Lib Dem party will be joining Labour in the next few weeks? :wink:

Well there are vacancies to fill..

The Labour Party is finally having a good old-fashioned argument about values, politics and ideas. Unfortunately for the leadership contenders, they are mere bystanders. This passionate and, at times, angry debate has been sparked by the news that Alan Milburn has been appointed “social mobility tsar”.

When it was announced that Frank Field would advise Iain Duncan Smith, people muttered “Frank is Frank”. Then John Hutton agreed to look at public-sector pensions and they shrugged their shoulders. But Milburn’s appointment is reported and the internet goes wild. John Prescott led the charge on Twitter with the accusation of “collaboration”, and this was echoed widely – and wildly. Both the humourlessness and lack of a sense of proportion, of which the Left is often accused, were on abundant display.

More on link

Some "lovely" comments from the Tory supporters on that article. Living up to all that many (and more each day) think of them.

So it must distress you that the likes of Field, Hutton and Milburn are now chosing to work for the coalition? Who do you think will be next?

Duncan Smith 'nimbyism'??

IDS is a complete twunt but going in to bat for something in his constituency? Wow, what an amazing thing for an MP to do - press the case for his constituency. Utterly remarkable. Should be shot.

Hmm I wonder if the same accusation would be said for a certain Mr Clegg? - Oh hang on that doesn't work like that as we are all "in this together" - but obviously we are not if it affects us only if it affects others

Some "lovely" comments from the Tory supporters on that article. Living up to all that many (and more each day) think of them.

So it must distress you that the likes of Field, Hutton and Milburn are now chosing to work for the coalition? Who do you think will be next?

Distress? Absolutely not - I would have thought as a fervent Tory supporter you must feel very uncomfortable to have Labour members, people who have been maligned during the tenure of the last gvmt, now being declared as the only ones worthy of these positions. Maybe it says a lot about the weakness and inadequacies of the Tory party especially when they have to call on, 3 of the Labour party (and not exactly good ones at that) to run the show for them.

Another day another problem for this weak gvmt

Hmm I wonder if the same accusation would be said for a certain Mr Clegg?

Is Forgemasters in Clegg's constituency? I was under the impression it was in Blunkett's constituency?

Oh hang on that doesn't work like that as we are all "in this together"

What are you on about? :?

What does an idiotic piece of government spin have to do with the idea that an MP ought to press the case of his/her constituents?

Distress? Absolutely not - I would have thought as a reluctant Tory voter...

Fixed.

I think you are one of the few remaining voters who is fervent in their support of any political party.

• 2 weeks later...

So what exactly is "un-British"?

I was struck by British Defense Minister Liam Fox's description of the new Medal of Honor video game set in Afghanistan. He called it "thoroughly un-British," a phrase that presumably refers to something more than the game's country of origin. (Electronic Arts, which produces the Medal of Honor series, is based in Redwood City, California.) I surmise that un-British, like un-American, implies a contradiction of values that are part of the national identity. But what exactly are those values? I would have guessed that they include decency, fair play, tolerance (except of indecency and unfairness), and maybe a stiff upper lip. But after doing a little research, I'm not so sure. Here is a list of things that recently have been deemed un-British:

* Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair's manner

* British director Ridley Scott's boasting

* Burka bans

* Burkas

* Retroactive legislation

* Rude talent show hosts

* Coalition governments

* "Living life at a high level of intensity"

* Haggling

* Choosing health coverage

* Diana-mania

* The Jeremy Kyle Show (which I gather is a British version of The Jerry Springer Show)

* Political correctness

* The "compensation culture"

* "Public paranoia about everything from smoking to sunshine"

* Punishment without charge

* Invasions of privacy

If the standard is what British people actually do, several of these are more wishful (or wistful) than realistic. Unfortunately, the more appealing the implied value, the less likely it is to be upheld in practice.

Somewhat a propos of nothing, but not sure it warranted its own thread.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear - how quiet it seems on here from certain political supporters - maybe they are scared of their phones being tapped. Arrived back into the UK to read the UK press take on all this and guilty as a guilty man in guilty land for the Conservatives but hey no comment on VT? Amazing

Oh dear oh dear oh dear - how quiet it seems on here from certain political supporters - maybe they are scared of their phones being tapped. Arrived back into the UK to read the UK press take on all this and guilty as a guilty man in guilty land for the Conservatives but hey no comment on VT? Amazing

Comment on rehashed allegations that have been investigated and dismissed by the Police? Why bother?

Rehashed? - interesting then that the Met are now reopening the investigation?

This is massive and the cover ups that are going on confirm a lot of what people have suspected for years. Cameron is looking weaker and weaker each day - add to that a few more bad publicity stories for people like Hague and all of a sudden Clegg must be thinking its Christmas.

Read this blog for a very interesting viewpoint - link

I wonder how many more skeletons will be coming out of the Gvmt closets in the next few weeks - best bet of the day - another election in the next few months

They have asked to see the evidence to see if the investigation needs to be re-opened on the basis of these allegations. So it hasn't been reopened - yet - and may not be.

Cameron is looking weaker and weaker each day

I think that's wishful thinking on your part.

add to that a few more bad publicity stories for people like Hague and all of a sudden Clegg must be thinking its Christmas.

Oh yes, salacious internet gossip about whether Mr Hague is a bender (with no evidence). I bet you loved that.

Read this blog for a very interesting viewpoint - link

A hardened Labour supporter linking to a blog called "Free speech"?

:lol: The irony.

best bet of the day - another election in the next few months

I think that will depend solely on the AV referendum - that Labour are apparently campaigning against(?). I think that shows Gordon's pre-coalition pass at Clegg with his offer of AV was cynical opportunism. Who'da thunk it?

See Jon - you still miss the point on the AV ting - when the Tory manipulators try to include boundary change that is not what the parties were talking about pre-election. Now we all know that anything Cameron said (or overheard via a phone conversation :-) ) pre election counted for nowt, so his quite pathetric attempts to spin his gerrymandering scheme are looking weak at best.

As for the Hague allegations - I am not sure of the tone of what you are trying to say there - TBH the first I heard about any of this was yesterday when I got back into the UK. It seems that when a lot of the media and people within his own political party of condemning him, there must be something amiss with his actions. The Mail really laid into him and there is obviously a serious mistake that he has made along the way.

Oh the irony - yes the irony of you a Tory supporter failing to even mention any of these comments and allegations that are being made across numerous areas of political and media worldwide - and then not even condemning them. Oh how you have changed now Cameron is in at number 10

As for another election - I still maintain its a bloody good bet - there is a daily flow now - not a trickle - of bad news, sleaze allegations, economic hits and we still have not fully seen the impact on the attacks on the front line services. This is not a Gvmt that was elected with any mass mandate, they are not doing a good job in any way.

They have asked to see the evidence to see if the investigation needs to be re-opened on the basis of these allegations. So it hasn't been reopened - yet - and may not be.

Even allowing for the fact that everyone is innocent until proven guilty, I'm quite uncomfortable having the director of communications at number ten so closely linked to all of this (if not at the very centre of it).

From Campbell to Coulson. Wow.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â