The New Condem Government

bickster

A great union man who took up the challenge of defending his members pay and conditions, and showed that if you're prepared to stand your ground together, and fight, you can win. Would that we had more like him. RIP Bob.

• Like 2

A great union man who took up the challenge of defending his members pay and conditions, and showed that if you're prepared to stand your ground together, and fight, you can win. Would that we had more like him. RIP Bob.

I agree.

If the politicians that we elect stood up and fought for us the way that Crow did for those that elected him then the masses, rather than the few, would be far better off.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

If the politicians that we elect stood up and fought for us the way that Crow did for those that elected him then the masses, rather than the few, would be far better off.

I don't think Bob Crow was just about standing up and fighting for people (at least in the way in which he was portrayed, i.e. as confrontational for the sake of it).

You don't get what his union members got just by doing that and not by hammering out deals.

He wasn't everyone's cup of tea (and often wasn't mine) but he certainly made politics/bollitics less dull than it would otherwise have been.

Bob Crow was an utter cock, but I certainly wouldn't wish him dead. RIP.

Why, for taking a stand against those who are trying to make a big profit at the expense of working people?

every time some shitty little worker takes home more than state subsidised minimum wage, that's literally thieving the tomato and rosemary organic ciabatta out of the mouths of bosses and as we all know, if the bosses don't get millions and free Charlie blown up their arses they'll take their second homes elsewhere

Bob Crow risked Britain's good standing in the world of the super rich transfer merry-go-round executive types

• Like 2

A great union man who took up the challenge of defending his members pay and conditions, and showed that if you're prepared to stand your ground together, and fight, you can win.

A great union man who took up the challenge of defending his members pay and conditions, and showed that if you're prepared to stand your ground together, and fight, you can win.

The 'fixing' may fit with your political bent (and produce the requisite guffaws amongst the league of ICAEW and others) but doesn't it sit ill with the figures regarding that union's members' pay, benefits and so on?

I may be wrong and RMT members pay and benefits could have mirrored the changes in the average wage across the country (or even mirrored the changes in wages across other unionized groups) and Mr Crow may not have had any positive impact upon them. You'll need more than a strikethrough to convince me, though.

I wish the people looking out for my pay and conditions were similar utter cocks.

Well said. RIP Bob.

Agreed,  imagine if the members of the current Government showed as much commitment and fight about Britain and  British people in the same way he fought for his members a better country it would be.  IMO.

How much of a wily, shrewd, relentless and ruthless deal maker does one need to be to get better deals for those who operate a vitally important transport system that millions of people rely upon daily; a transport network so important that when it doesn't run properly, it costs the economy tens of millions of pounds per day.

Just wondering :detect:

I'll say one more thing on Bob Crow.

When you have virtually the whole media i.e. the right wing media, making ad hominem attacks against you, and convincing the public their temporary inconvenience is more important than working conditions and wages. And when the same media are making out that it's you your members should resent, for what you earn, and not their low paying boss. To get results takes strong leadership.

If MP's started getting results for us they'd have earned his wage.

Edited by Kingfisher
  • Like 3

Imagine if MP's were paid as much as he was... that would be a talking point.

MPs should be paid as much as he was but have no other income. A lot earn more right now

The only thing Bob Crow ever did wrong was not move out of his council house

Imagine if MP's were paid as much as he was... that would be a talking point.

MPs should be paid as much as he was but have no other income. A lot earn more right now

The only thing Bob Crow ever did wrong was not move out of his council house

I agree on the first point not so sure on the second.

Most of what Bob Crow got vilified for was his job. He carried out what he got paid to do. Doesn't matter whether you agree with the actions, that was his job. His membership voted for those actions.

• Like 1

Most of what Bob Crow got vilified for was his job. He carried out what he got paid to do. Doesn't matter whether you agree with the actions, that was his job. His membership voted for those actions.

Quite often, a very small proportion of his membership voted for those actions, even if those actions were wrong. 

Yes he did. That doesn't mean I need to like him, his approach to that job or the actions he took. Neither does it mean I should ignore what I consider to be the hypocrisy of the man with as you mention his council house or his 'fat cat' salary and recent 10k pay rise.

I have never disputed he did a good job but that isn't enough to make me like him or think he did nothing wrong except his house.

Quite often, a very small proportion of his membership voted for those actions, even if those actions were wrong.

And that has what exactly to do with the man himself?

Some people didn't vote, thats Bob Crow's fault?

I'm no big fan of trade unions at all but I can't vilify a man for doing the job he was paid to do

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â