The New Condem Government

bickster

I have no interest in government, i think they are all as bad or as good as each other.

However, at a family do recently two OAP’s were having an interesting chat, one was 100% Labour and the other 100% Tory the usual back and fourth, quite amusing.

But bizarrely the one thing they did seem to fairly ‘agree’ on is that the more than a few times is that the tories come in and tighten the belt get us back on fairly but unspectacular position then in come Labour and spend all the money again, round and round apparently happened a few times (before my time) is this true obviously not as black and white but surely not?

I have no idea but currently lots of belt tightening going on by the current government and they’ll blatantly lose the next election and in come Labour to spend all the saved money again, back in trouble round and round?

Edited by VillaForever1970

I have no interest in government, i think they are all as bad or as good as each other.

However, at a family do recently two OAP’s were having an interesting chat, one was 100% Labour and the other 100% Tory the usual back and fourth, quite amusing.

But bizarrely the one thing they did seem to fairly ‘agree’ on is that the more than a few times is that the tories come in and tighten the belt get us back on fairly but unspectacular position then in come Labour and spend all the money again, round and round apparently happened a few times (before my time) is this true obviously not as black and white but surely not?

I have no idea but currently lots of belt tightening going on by the current government and they’ll blatantly lose the next election and in come Labour to spend all the saved money again, back in trouble round and round?

Tories come in an tighten things for most of us like cutting back on public services and spending and then make money through new taxes, like the bedroom tax or taking money away from the disabled or terminally ill through Atos trying to meet their targets. Then Labour come in and try to help out the people who have suffered under the tories as well as generally make things better... which costs money.

Tories come in an tighten things for most of us like cutting back on public services and spending and then make money through new taxes, like the bedroom tax or taking money away from the disabled or terminally ill through Atos trying to meet their targets. Then Labour come in and try to help out the people who have suffered under the tories as well as generally make things better... which costs money.

I'm sure a lot of Iraqi families would disagree with you.

Total myth

So much depends on what Gvmt is spending monies on and what sort of society they are creating.

• Like 1

I'm sure a lot of Iraqi families would disagree with you.

Yeah, that's the thing about war, causes a bit of resentment.

That's about the size of it, unless Labour really f*** it up then we have a 3 day week and bailouts from the IMF.

Remember, Labour were the party that claimed to have abolished "boom and bust", i.e. the economic cycle. Delusional cretins.

That's about the size of it, unless Labour really f*** it up then we have a 3 day week and bailouts from the IMF.

Remember, Labour were the party that claimed to have abolished "boom and bust", i.e. the economic cycle. Delusional cretins.

Remember the tories claimed we were all in this together. Delusional cretins.

Remember the tories claimed we were all in this together.

Which has nothing to do with the basic question: Is it true that Labour come in and spunk all the cash, then the Tories come in and clear up their mess?

Yes, it is true.  

Tell me more about abolishing "boom and bust"...........

Remember the tories claimed we were all in this together.

Which has nothing to do with the basic question: Is it true that Labour come in and spunk all the cash, then the Tories come in and clear up their mess?

Yes, it is true.  

Tell me more about abolishing "boom and bust"...........

Tell us more about how the tories "clean up the mess" exactly as Kingfisher said, they come in, take as much away from the less off and working people while making things easier for the rich.

It is true really. I think the Tories get kicked out on Scandal or sleaze, Labour have always been kicked out for buggering up the economy, well since 1960 anyway, before my time any further back

• Like 1

Labour are the mess. Who took us cap in hand to the IMF?  Who screwed the pooch so badly we ended up with a 3 day week? Mountains of rubbish in the street? Unions running the country?

Yep, Labour scum.

Labour are the mess. Who took us cap in hand to the IMF?  Who screwed the pooch so badly we ended up with a 3 day week? Mountains of rubbish in the street? Unions running the country?

Yep, Labour scum.

Who lost £4 Billion in one day... 'Black Wednesday'?, who supported Apartheid? Riots in the streets? Privatising the NHS by 'stealth'? Who cut tax for the best off in society while taking money off everyone else?

Yep, tory scum.

Though I suppose it is very easy to defend the protectors of the well off from a tax haven ;)

• Like 1

Both parties **** things up in different ways.

Labour **** up the economy, the Tories **** up society. Both are equally useless for different reasons. So when Labour get in the **** up the economy by mending society and the the Tories get in and mend the economy by **** up society. Rinse and repeat.

The big joke is that the yellow team would probably find a happy balance between the two but no one gives enough of a shit to elect them because the arent nasty enough to and about the others to get elected.

And then you get rocket polishers on both sides who resort to calling each other scum because they can't make a better coherent argument.;)

Labour **** up the economy, the Tories **** up society. Both are equally useless for different reasons. So when Labour get in the **** up the economy by mending society and the the Tories get in and mend the economy by **** up society. Rinse and repeat.

The big joke is that the yellow team would probably find a happy balance between the two but no one gives enough of a shit to elect them because the arent nasty enough to and about the others to get elected.

The yellow party is for fence sitters and yes men.

The yellow party is for fence sitters and yes men.

Which of course is a terrible thing because consensus politics and working in the interests of the majority without the objectionable self interests is so wrong.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â