The New Condem Government

bickster

Some more 'something for nothing' Tory millionaires scrounging off the state.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/richest-mp-britain-slams-welfare-3178089

These hypocrite bastards are lecturing the poorest about scrounging whilst leaching the system for all they can get. They're robbing you, your money is going to them. His office 'refused to comment'. He doesn't even think he should explain himself...

Remember that come May 2015.

• Like 1

Oh and they put on hold plans to sell your medical records, denying the system would be misused for commercial gain, then they do this,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/10656893/Hospital-records-of-all-NHS-patients-sold-to-insurers.html

Disgusting.

How is this legal?

Someone should take this up in Strasbourg.

In stark contrast to all the feel good factor bullshit about the economy coming out of the BBC propaganda machine recently back in the real world things aren't looking so rosy for the government.

The filthy dirty scumbags that run atos who've spent the last few years making huge profits out of the misery of disabled people want out of their contract early. What their motives are at this stage I don't know, they're apparently fed up of being perceived as the bad guys. A bit late in the day to worry about that.

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/4847585?utm_source=hootsuite&utm_campaign=hootsuite

Edited by Kingfisher

In stark contrast to all the feel good factor bullshit about the economy coming out of the BBC propaganda machine recently back in the real world things aren't looking so rosy for the government.

The filthy dirty scumbags that run atos who've spent the last few years making huge profits out of the misery of disabled people want out of their contract early. What their motives are at this stage I don't know, they're apparently fed up of being perceived as the bad guys. A bit late in the day to worry about that.

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/4847585?utm_source=hootsuite&utm_campaign=hootsuite

'Organisation paid by the government to force sick people back into work, suddenly develops social conscience'. Hmmm. I'm not sure I'm buying that. Not sure what their game is though.

Is there a thread that is covering the Daily Heil/Harriet Harperson affair?

Are the Heil engaged in a policy of rather disgusting and bizzare attacks on the Labour leadership, ahead of any GE? I would've though it a bit pointless though TBH, as surely they are preaching to the converted?

Can't see (m)any Heil readers voting Labour anyway .... and I'm not sure anyone who doesn't read that toilet paper rag taking anything they say seriously ...

Edited by Jon

As Natalie Bennett seems to (half) admit in that piece, if people have a problem with the WCA and so on then the ire should be directed at the politicians behind it and the welfare reforms associated with it (Lord Fraud, Purnell, Duncan Smith and so on) rather than the company currently contracted to carry it out (other than pointing out their complicity and poor practices).

If all of the current systems stay in place then things will be no different when Atos pull out/get the boot and one of the government's preferred bidders (including A4e, G4s, Serco, Capita) take over. They'll still be measuring against the current WCA and they'll still be following DWP guidelines and rules.

It isn't Atos, for example, that consulted on the PIP rules and decided that they'd, apparently, ignore the responses about the 20m walking mobility rule and say, "Thanks very much for all of your responses pointing out that 50m which is used elsewhere is much more appropriate but we believe that 20m is the best way forward." I.e. the one that makes it more difficult to succeed in the assessment.

Atos didn't invent the system, but they ruthlessly exploit it for profit. Enthusiastic collaborators in imposing hardship and oppression.

That's the way I see it too. Every bit as bad as the government. They're complicit and they're profiteering out of misery.

Atos didn't invent the system, but they ruthlessly exploit it for profit. Enthusiastic collaborators in imposing hardship and oppression.

And someone else will do the same when Atos walk away and are replaced by one or more of the companies mentioned above.

If the system remains the same (and the tests remain the same) then the outcomes will largely stay the same (unless or until the system is changed to make appeals more difficult, such as the mandatory review period which came in to affect last April).

Unfortunately, it appears to me that the anger towards Atos is incredibly useful for those that have invented the system. There will be a new buffer when Atos go and one or more provider(s) coming in (perhaps some tinkering) and then there will be a lot of talk about the new lot 'bedding in' and so on whilst, all the while, there will be people at the other end suffering from a poor system (I shan't say poorly implemented as I think it is doing almost exactly what Purnell, Fraud and IDS wanted).

My point about Atos is that if people want to have a go at their complicity then fine but that's unlikely to change things (at least for the better) - it would be of far more use if the kind of concerted campaign against the Atos offices were directed at MPs and the likes of Duncan Smith (but they'll have to get past the goons with machine guns first ;) ).

Edit: Bit about buffers changed a little.

Edited by snowychap

And of course, nor did the Conservatives, as it was Labour who awarded Atos their contract, and asked them to run the tests in the first place.

• Like 1

Fair point well made Snowy. I am fully aware the real problem is government and Atos are carrying out their bidding, I wasn't diverting attention away from that fact - if it looked that way. To solve the problem it has to be tackled at the root because there will be many more vile companies willing to carry out this vile governments policies.

And of course, nor did the Conservatives, as it was Labour who awarded Atos their contract, and asked them to run the tests in the first place.

..and your point is?

Ah theres that Tories bad Labour good assumption again.

• Like 4

That's true - though I believe the tests and the system have changed since the original awarding of the contract (especially since the current government came to power)

PIP and the tests associated with it (and the two contracts that Atos got for carrying these out) are down to the Tories and their bag carriers.

Ah theres that Tories bad Labour good assumption again.

I'm just surpised it wasn't Tone Loc, or AWOL! ;)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â