The New Condem Government

bickster

villaajax, on 30 Sept 2013 - 6:53 PM, said:villaajax, on 30 Sept 2013 - 6:53 PM, said:

Andy Burnham has written to the BBC regarding their lack of coverage for the NHS protests.

a touch of irony  that the story only makes it to the local Manchester newspaper when I googled it :)

Edit:

ah , when I went into Google news the Bullingdon Broadcasting Corporation also had the story as well

Edited by tonyh29

'Crylaugh' 'lefty bedwetters' 'hilarious'... The level of inhumanity and lack of compassion in the proposals put forward to deal with homelessness is staggering. Yet a certain poster on here thinks its all a bit of a laugh and would rather talk about an irrelevant technicality (the date of a linked website) in order to somehow excuse it?

That's the kind of person who votes Tory...

An irrelevant technicality like....the council isn't actually planning to do it any more, and hasn't been for two years!  Anyway, I think I'll stick a link up to Gordon Brown scrapping the 10p tax rate as evidence that Labour hate the poor.  The fact Labour aren't in power any more and that it was 6 years ago is just an irrelevant technicality.

• Like 1

villaajax, on 30 Sept 2013 - 6:53 PM, said:villaajax, on 30 Sept 2013 - 6:53 PM, said:

Andy Burnham has written to the BBC regarding their lack of coverage for the NHS protests.

a touch of irony  that the story only makes it to the local Manchester newspaper when I googled it :)

Edit:

ah , when I went into Google news the Bullingdon Broadcasting Corporation also had the story as well

If you go to the BBC news website and browse around for it, you can't find it, it's not on the main page, not on the England news page, not even in the Manchester section now!

Unless you Google specifically for the article and how many people would do that if they were unaware of it? The BBC should be reporting this properly, not trying to hide it away.

Edit - Found it in the Manchester news section, it's reduced to a small headline, halfway down.

Edited by villaajax

Edit:

If you go to the BBC news website and browse around for it, you can't find it, it's not on the main page, not on the England news page, not even in the Manchester section now!

Unless you Google specifically for the article and how many people would do that if they were unaware of it? The BBC should be reporting this properly, not trying to hide it away.

Edit - Found it in the Manchester news section, it's reduced to a small headline, halfway down.

To be honest I think this is a case of the BBC not getting their filming done properly, then blaming everybody else for not getting a report done.  None of the other channels seemed to have a problem.

Edited by Risso

To be honest I think this is a case of the BBC not getting their filming done properly, then blaming everybody else for not getting a report done.  None of the other channels seemed to have a problem.

Not getting their filming done because they were denied access on the instructions of police.  Since the Beeb staff are obviously very well acquainted with the logistics and procedures of filming, it's odd that you place the blame on them without any explanation.  Do you think they planned their filming in a restricted area without being aware of that?  At an event where there are elaborate security arrangements, and when even music festivals have graded levels of access for different areas?  If you have a reason for thinking that, it would be great if you would share it.

As it is, the chief Beeb person tweeted his lack of understanding of the refusal of access.  Again, if you think he was being disingenuous, or maybe trying to cover up an elementary blunder he or his staff had made, it would be helpful to know the basis for that view - evidence, or just opinion?

'Crylaugh' 'lefty bedwetters' 'hilarious'... The level of inhumanity and lack of compassion in the proposals put forward to deal with homelessness is staggering. Yet a certain poster on here thinks its all a bit of a laugh and would rather talk about an irrelevant technicality (the date of a linked website) in order to somehow excuse it?

That's the kind of person who votes Tory...

An irrelevant technicality like....the council isn't actually planning to do it any more, and hasn't been for two years!  Anyway, I think I'll stick a link up to Gordon Brown scrapping the 10p tax rate as evidence that Labour hate the poor.  The fact Labour aren't in power any more and that it was 6 years ago is just an irrelevant technicality.

Since the council have demonstrably been planning to do it for a decade, despite many setbacks, why do you say they have abandoned their plans?  Given the documented history, isn't it more likely they still want to do this, and will return to it again, like a dog returning to its own vomit?

Tony why resort to a ahh but labour .... Reply that has little to no relevance yet again. Is it a case that the subject is beyond discussion? Do you agree that the nature and tone of the right wing especially has been and us what really is socially acceptable?

Sent from my iPhone using VillaTalk

, it's odd that you place the blame on them without any explanation. ........ - evidence, or just opinion?
If only someone posted something on twitter as proof hey .. I read somewhere a comment from a (ex) policeman explaining why the BBC were denied access to the balcony .. I can't link to it as it was a private conversation but it "could" be a plausible explanation ,him being a former policeman and all that
Edited by tonyh29

Tony why resort to a ahh but labour .... Reply that has little to no relevance yet again. Is it a case that the subject is beyond discussion? Do you agree that the nature and tone of the right wing especially has been and us what really is socially acceptable?

Sent from my iPhone using VillaTalk

Sorry but your post implied bullying was sorta exclusive to the right wing , so I searched on the interweb to see if it was true and found a story about Gordon Brown

Imagine my surprise when I also read that Brown wasn't "right wing"

Tony why resort to a ahh but labour ....

You can't defend the indefensible.

You clearly haven't been reading VT long enough :)

Come to think of it your right. You will on occasions have a good bloody go at defending the indefensible and then resort to the old fail safe of aahh but Labour........ :)

Edited by markavfc40

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â