The New Condem Government

bickster

Yeah I'm sure the whole country wishes we still had Brown the incompetent in charge :crylaugh:

Brown > Cameron

I know one has to keep up appearances for appearances sake but you can't seriously believe that

That's not an endorsement of Cameron's premiership , but Brown will go down / already has gone down as Britain's worse ever PM

Face it.  A goldfish in a poly bag > Cameron.

• Like 1

There is something very sinister about the direction UK immigration policy is going.

I think its called finding out there are votes in it

It was laughable at the TV debates in 2010 watching the parties try and show they were tough on immigration ..... (Cleggs localised immigration must rate as tv's funniest moment )

And that was before UKIP started stealing the votes off the major parties

Edited by tonyh29

I think its called finding out there are votes in it

I think that would be a big advance for democracy - ban market research and opinion polls. ;)

:)

Tbf you'd still find out when the votes are counted anyway so you may as well pay the money and find out sooner ( assuming your agency doesn't get it wrong of course :) )

Rumour is there will be another 4 vans playing loud music outside the homes of the feckless unemployed at 7:30am

Won't they all be down Tesco in their pyjamas that time of day buying their cigarettes as they ran out during the night ...

Rumour is there will be another 4 vans playing loud music outside the homes of the feckless unemployed at 7:30am

Isn't that just a load of ice cream vans?

Tbf you'd still find out when the votes are counted anyway so you may as well pay the money and find out sooner ( assuming your agency doesn't get it wrong of course :) )

But that's the point: prospective candidates stand (blind) on their 'principles' and people vote for or against them as their representative based on what they stand for (with other factors, I agree) rather than what will just get them (re)elected.

I accept this may not be good for a small section of the economy. :P

Edited by snowychap

Yeah I'm sure the whole country wishes we still had Brown the incompetent in charge :crylaugh:

Brown > Cameron

Even you are not that deluded

No, he really is. I think Cameron's a complete plank but suggesting that the alternative of voting for a man with more than a few loose screws was a better option is political partisanship taken to the level of pure absurdity. 

Brown's continuing absence from the Commons (and therefore his job as an MP) is a good indicator that this personal problems are yet to be resolved, but one wonders how his supporters would describe a Tory MP who simply never went to work?

Not very nicely, would be my guess.

• Like 1

Funny how the tory supporters chose to ignore what work he does in his constituency, which lets be honest is what mp's are voted to do. I suppose next we will have comments about autism or eyesight as some jolly tory quip

Edited by drat01
  • Like 1

Funny how the tory supporters chose to ignore what work he does in his constituency, which lets be honest is what mp's are voted to do. I suppose next we will have comments about autism or eyesight as some jolly tory quip

Is "Member of Parliament can't be arsed to attend Parliament" not a valid criticism to make? You're clutching at straws by saying he's a good constituency MP, despite the fact he is abjectly failing in his duty to actually represent his constituency?

You mean like demanding the MOD clean up the " beach " that wasn't an issue during the years 1997 - 2010 and has now suddenly become an urgent issue ...

Funny that

Ridiculous comment awol. His job as mp is to deal with constituency issues not to tootle down to london to listen osborne abuse him etc. i would be interested to see evidence of his constituents being unhappy with his work as their mp. Any chance of showing us some, genuinely interested to see.

• Like 1

You mean like demanding the MOD clean up the " beach " that wasn't an issue during the years 1997 - 2010 and has now suddenly become an urgent issue ...

Funny that

ha tony you keep answering your own points. Most of that time he was a leading member of the gvmt
  • Like 1

Ridiculous comment awol. His job as mp is to deal with constituency issues not to tootle down to london to listen osborne abuse him etc. i would be interested to see evidence of his constituents being unhappy with his work as their mp. Any chance of showing us some, genuinely interested to see.

An MP that doesn't attend Parliament is not doing his job. The clue believe it or not is in the job title.

That's pretty simple stuff to wrap your head around to be honest.

EDIT: Are there any other MP's with Scottish constituencies who feel tootling down to London is beneath them? I thought they were called MSP's?

Conclusion?  Gordon is indeed, special.

Edited by Awol

An MP that doesn't attend Parliament is not doing his job. The clue believe it or not is in the job title.

so you say initially that he has problems, then you say he should turn up in parliament all the time. What is a back bench mp main priorities? Houses of parliament attendance or working with the people who voted for them?

Former prime minister Gordon Brown is the member of parliament earning the most from work outside parliament, new data have revealed.

The Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath, who has only spoken in the Commons on four occasions since May 2010, notched up £1.37 million in earnings outside his day job as a Labour backbencher during the last session of parliament.

Don't recall Ed mentioning him in his second jobs speech in HofC the other week

Former prime minister Gordon Brown is the member of parliament earning the most from work outside parliament, new data have revealed.

The Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath, who has only spoken in the Commons on four occasions since May 2010, notched up £1.37 million in earnings outside his day job as a Labour backbencher during the last session of parliament.

Don't recall Ed mentioning him in his second jobs speech in HofC the other week

tony the ahh but labour gets a nice run out i see, love it :-)

EDIT: Are there any other MP's with Scottish constituencies who feel tootling down to London is beneath them? I thought they were called MSP's?

Conclusion?  Gordon is indeed, special.

the last bit you have added certainly indicates a lot
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â