The New Condem Government

bickster

I'm surprised IDS hasn't just told them to "Get on your bike and look for work".

He should tell the blighters to get out and find work, like his good lady wife does.

She earns £18,000 a year, paid by public funds, for managing Ian's diary. 

It's an object lesson to the idle paupers who can't be bothered to get out and compete for work in the marketplace, and just shows that jobs are there if only you can be bothered to look for them.

The jobs are only there because the companies don't actually have to pay these people, if they did have to pay them a real wage, it would be a different story.

I don't really think that you can class unpaid work placements as actual jobs, though it is a nice way for the Tories to say they are cutting unemployment without really dealing with the problem of unemployment.

The work placement thing is a couple of steps away from being a decent policy.

If it's going to force people to go work for multimillion pound businesses, at least make the business give them a wage of some sort - as it is it's effectively the government broking slave labour for retailers.

It could also do with taking into account what the claimant brings to the table - if you've got a graduate, who isn't going to be aiming for a retail job ultimately, take that into account and get them some office experience which is ultimately going to play to their strengths and also help them more as it will give them experience that is more likely to get them a job. If it's a 16 year old straight out of school who has no aptitude for anything and just needs some work experience of some sort, 'shelf stacking' for a bit and genuinely earning a small amount of money might be more suitable.

This would make it rather more like a government backed work experience program, and actually help the jobseekers, and not what it currently is - a punishment policy designed to discourage claimants, fudge unemployment figures and curry favour with a few choice CEOs no doubt friendly with some choice ministers. In other words, what I think it should be will never happen, it'll be scraped before it even approaches what it should be.

• Like 1

The work placement thing is a couple of steps away from being a decent policy...

This would make it rather more like a government backed work experience program, and actually help the jobseekers, and not what it currently is - a punishment policy designed to discourage claimants, fudge unemployment figures and curry favour with a few choice CEOs no doubt friendly with some choice ministers. In other words, what I think it should be will never happen, it'll be scraped before it even approaches what it should be.

It would make it a wholly different policy.  Any serious attempt to reform this would produce something different in conception, intent, effect, financing, and outcomes.

More than a couple of steps away from this morally deficient approach to smearing and stigmatising unemployed people while fiddling the figures and handing dodgy employers free slave labour at our expense; a whole world away.

This is a report on the health-related financial interests, most of them constituting direct conflicts of interest, of the thieving scum who are destroying our health service.

I believe they call it 'creating more choice' I can only presume they mean more choice of where they can buy a holiday home with the money they are earning destroying this countries greatest institution. 

And in other news:

1,701 people apply for eight jobs in a coffee shop.  So that's eight hard-working strivers and 1,693 scrounging layabouts in bed with the curtains drawn, then.

A study shows that we have the greatest shortfall in pension provision of the various countries reviewed.  To which the answer is to drive down public sector pensions to the lowest level of the already inadequate lower reaches of the private sector, while leaving the gold-plated pensions of the rich (and of course MPs) alone.

France and Germany seek action to cap bankers' bonuses, recognising the incentive they create for madly risky behaviour which creates havoc for the whole economy.  Cameron prepares to fight the bankers' corner.

Councils prepare to move thousands out of London because of the unworkable and savage changes to the benefits system.  The ministers pushing forward this measure continue to receive public subsidy for their second homes, meals, groceries...

We are past the point of reasoned discussion.  People need to take to the streets about all this.

There was an article about the forthcoming benefit attacks that are due to happen in April and many charities (you now Dave those that are going to build your big society) saying that the impacts will be massive. When Gideon keeps failing to address some of the stimulus issues to create growth let alone maintain it, holes in the budget, and targeted vindictive cuts all add to a further recipe for issues and problems. But as other articles have stated the rich are still gaining so I suppose we should doff our caps and be thankful for that.

In another article re UKIP it seems that the Far Right leader Le Penn has stated that she has regular contact with UKIP - quelle surprise NOT!

And in other news:

A study shows that we have the greatest shortfall in pension provision of the various countries reviewed.  To which the answer is to drive down public sector pensions to the lowest level of the already inadequate lower reaches of the private sector, while leaving the gold-plated pensions of the rich (and of course MPs) alone.

tbh once I  read that we were the "worse in the world" i stopped reading as the article lacks zero credibility

I wonder though had someone not robbed the pensions funds , would we be better of ? £100bn wasn't it ?

• Like 1

"ahhhh but Labour .........."

So despite this being a report from HSBC reported in the Torygraph we should just ignore it, because it criticises the economic plans?

IDS (making a good case now for the most odious politician there is) saying to try and defend his mate Gideon that "until the receipts come in, you don't count that money" - hang on isn't that exactly what Gideon did in his budget the one that he got so wrong yet again?

So despite this being a report from HSBC reported in the Torygraph we should just ignore it, because it criticises the economic plans?

no we should ignore it because it's headline is false  ... maybe if one adopts a Clarkson voice as they read "in the world"  it could be taken with a pinch of salt and carry on ..however our pensions , robbed as they were , still outweigh the pensions in many other countires  ..

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

no we should ignore it because it's headline is false  ... maybe if one adopts a Clarkson voice as they read "in the world"  it could be taken with a pinch of salt and carry on ..however our pensions , robbed as they were , still outweigh the pensions in many other countires  ..

You must know about sub-editors adding headlines which don't say the same as the article.  The article says

"Figures from HSBC show that the average retirement in the UK is expected to last 19 years, but the average person’s retirement savings will last for just seven.

Christine Foyster, head of wealth development at HSBC UK, said the 12-year shortfall was the worst found in HSBC’s international study."

I don't imagine they included Malawi and Bangladesh in the survey.  But then the survey, and the article, don't claim to cover the entire world.  To ignore the point on the basis of a subby making an exaggerated claim is really clutching at straws.

as you well know the point is it's either the whole world or it isn't  .. and it wasn't   , so as the headline represents  a falsehood why should the  the rest of it be given credibility  ?

it's like when someone claims to have fixed boom and bust , nice headline but lacks credibility and shouldn't be taken seriously

• Like 1

I'm surprised IDS hasn't just told them to "Get on your bike and look for work".

He should tell the blighters to get out and find work, like his good lady wife does.

She earns £18,000 a year, paid by public funds, for managing Ian's diary. 

It's an object lesson to the idle paupers who can't be bothered to get out and compete for work in the marketplace, and just shows that jobs are there if only you can be bothered to look for them.

She should leave and get a job with Labour mp Tom Harris, she would get an extra £27,000 a year

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â