The New Condem Government

bickster

ergo instant utter cynical lying bastard status, which will probably last for decades.

Yep sadly so, I certainly wouldn't be against the Lib Dems splitting in two because of how far the coalition has highlighted the divide between the social liberals and economic liberals in the party. The coalition has almost been the perfect opportunity for the Orange Book people to jump up and down on the party's legacy, because despite the history of things in 20th century. Great reform acts, Beveridge report.... You're only as good as the 5 years, come 2015 they will just say 'tory'.

The Ed twins dropping subtle hints to the Libs today to drop Clegg for Saint Vince and then they would work with them in a coalition

I suppose one message from that seems to be them admitting they don't think they can win outright in 2 years time

The Ed twins dropping subtle hints to the Libs today to drop Clegg for Saint Vince and then they would work with them in a coalition

I suppose one message from that seems to be them admitting they don't think they can win outright in 2 years time

Unless they are dangling a carrot to try and break up the coalition sooner?

Would make sense if Labour were ready to go into an election but they don't have any policies other than going "boooo, hisssss" at the coalition.

Would make sense if Labour were ready to go into an election but they don't have any policies other than going "boooo, hisssss" at the coalition.

One senses it is more a case of keeping their powder dry at this stage, why waste bullets when the opposition keep shooting their feet off?

That would be their only chance IMO. To look to a Lib/Lab coalition at the next assumes that the Lib Dems will retain a level of support that makes a coalition likely/worthwhile.

Personally, I think the Lib Dems will get an unholy kicking from the electorate and the next GE is a straight fight between the Tories and Labour.

Isn't that what opposition parties are meant to do? You don't announce your policies until the campaign starts, otherwise your best ideas just get incorporated by the government in power.

To look to a Lib/Lab coalition

I almost wish it happens just to see the hypocrisy in the labour supporters who have been so damning about the Lib dems suddenly jump into bed with them saying how wonderful they are and that they always liked them really

there is far more common ground between Lab and Lib than Lib and Tory

But that kind of assumes the Libs have a single unifying identity that can be compared against the Labouratives to judge the common ground.

In reality I think the Libs are a fairly loose coalition of their own with a very diverse set of views among its MP's/membership/supporters, from those who are closer to the greens, through blue labour to those leaning towards a more Tory standpoint.

As said they are likely to get serious shoe pie from the electorate next time around anyway so the opportunity for Clegg's successor to play kingmaker again seems remote.

Me personally I think they are all the same anyway - twunts of the highest order
Couldn't agree more with this, they seem universally dire across the board.

Not really Tony, there is far more common ground between Lab and Lib than Lib and Tory

not doubting that it was more the the name calling towards the libs of late :-)

of late?

For the last 2 and a half years ....

To look to a Lib/Lab coalition

I almost wish it happens just to see the hypocrisy in the labour supporters who have been so damning about the Lib dems suddenly jump into bed with them saying how wonderful they are and that they always liked them really

It would be good but highly unlikely.

I reckon the Lib Dems will get fewer than 10 seats at the next election. Unless the economy does something pretty unexpected/miraculous in the next 2 years they are going to get bitchslapped like a disobient Private Secretary.

I've only been half listening to the news on the radio today and haven't bought a newspaper for days.

Am I right in thinking the govt has some wondrous new plan to make all benefits claims work via the interweb? An idea which does rather presume you have a computer and an internet provider, email address and online securitynd money for the pay as you go leccy meter.

The economy won't do anything miraculous because the nobwit in charge is making sure it can't by his actions, which are based around ideology rather than economics.

It was all so easy to predict though wasn't it and many of us predicted what would happen when this mob took charge and have sadly been proved right.

With Osbourne certain to remain as chancellor there will be no recovery. In fact for most things are likely to get worse.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â