The New Condem Government

bickster

So VAT and Fuel rises now start to hit. I just watched the totally incompetent Greg Clark trying to sell a policy where he says that this Gvmt is the one that will help motorists! The policy is basically saying local councils can set parking charges and there will be more points if they want for electric cars to charge up. Are these complete and utter idiots for real?

Add to that the findings about the school policy that Gove is pushing through where schools can be setup run by private business with teachers with no qualifications, you have to wonder what planet these people are living on. All of these ideas are fed by ideological theories that have no place in today's world.

Good to see Clegg squirming re the VAT rises especially when his office has been questioned on the figures of how much it will cost. Ermmm Mr Clegg these are the figures that you used during the election! - Idiot!

"We have absolutely no plans to raise VAT." – David Cameron, 23 April 2010

Pah!

Both parties would have done it whichever was in power and both oppositions would then have claimed they would not have done it (as I think Labour are doing now).

Lib/Con/Lab are all the same thing, even the nominal differences expressed in manifestos are happily binned once they get to power.

They all rule on the behalf of bankers, big business .... The ideal of democracy that our grandfathers and great grandfathers fought for is dead.

Our people don't have the guts to resurrect it, X factor and controlled media filled with bullshit is all they want. Happy new year.

This is one of those rare occassions where Jon fully agrees with Jon! :mrgreen: :winkold: :nod:

Pah!

Both parties would have done it whichever was in power and both oppositions would then have claimed they would not have done it (as I think Labour are doing now).

So far the track record of this Gvmt is very poor on "pledging" one thing to get elected and then doing the opposite.

The whole VAT thing is a favourite for the Tory party and they are the ones that have always made the permanent rises in it. A VAT rise impacts lower end earners which completely makes a mockery out of the "all in this together" bollox that Cameron et al are famous for.

The impact of this and the massive cuts that the Tory party have targeted on certain areas of society will bite hard in the coming months. I suppose those who are enjoying Ski holidays in Cloisters wont be too unhappy though

None of these bastards ever want to help motorists.

All a cunch of bunts.

What's unleaded now, 125-128p? Seem to remember it was just over a quid when I left at the start of last year. Putting that into perspective it's 19-20p a litre where I live and there is no tax on fuel, so I can fill up my little 307 for about 8 quid.

Bad news (for you guys) is that the price of oil is only going to go up.

Theres an interview with Osbourne on the news at the moment about the VAT where he goes on about it being 'a tough but necessary move' etc etc and other such bollocks. Anyone else thats been able to see it, do you get the impression throughout the interview that he's trying to stifle a smirk and a laugh?

No idea why tht struck me, but it did. He really is a clearing in the woods.

VAT increase: shops could put up prices five to eight per cent

Shoppers have been warned that many retailers are likely to put up prices by far more than the 2.5 percentage point increase following today's increase in VAT.

Gyms, mobile phone companies, restaurants and shops are all expected to increase prices by between 5 per cent to 8 per cent, or possibly more, according to leading consumer industry experts. In a bid to recoup the escalating cost of petrol, energy, cotton and other key commodity prices the change to VAT will be used to mask far larger price rises.

Well if accurate then I think we will soon be back in recession as people's spending is going to be seriously hit.

There just seems to be a strange apathy about fuel prices at the moment, not so long ago people were protesting yet the price just keeps going up and up.

VAT increase: shops could put up prices five to eight per cent

Shoppers have been warned that many retailers are likely to put up prices by far more than the 2.5 percentage point increase following today's increase in VAT.

Gyms, mobile phone companies, restaurants and shops are all expected to increase prices by between 5 per cent to 8 per cent, or possibly more, according to leading consumer industry experts. In a bid to recoup the escalating cost of petrol, energy, cotton and other key commodity prices the change to VAT will be used to mask far larger price rises.

and those that do that may well go out of business .... those that keep the same prices and take the hit themselves, may actually benefit from that.

Consumers will simply take their custom elsewhere, and during these austere times, often to the cheapest decent vendor. Whacking your prices up will do nothing but shoot yourself in the foot, IMO.

Well if accurate then I think we will soon be back in recession as people's spending is going to be seriously hit.

There just seems to be a strange apathy about fuel prices at the moment, not so long ago people were protesting yet the price just keeps going up and up.

IMO, there needs to be proper competition in fuel supply. That would probably necessitate alternative viable fuel sources, and that isn't going to happen fast.

We need to move away from the reliance on oil/petrol, IMO. But they have a stranglehold ....

he's trying to stifle a smirk and a laugh?

I think that's just his natural demeanour Chinds.

He looks a little bit like The Joker, IMO. :mrgreen:

Interesting that ads showing him (Gideon) up massively for his Tax dodging exploits were pulled from Right Wing media outlets.

Pah!

And David Cameron also guaranteed to keep EMA when visiting a college during the election and meeting students.

It's Labour's fault. The tories couldn't possibly have known in advance how savage the cuts had to be.

It's also Labour's fault that David Cameron has to personally come to our houses and shag us individually up the arse whilst Nick Clegg holds us down. Before the election, they had no way to know how important the sale of lube was to our national economy.

and those that do that may well go out of business .... those that keep the same prices and take the hit themselves, may actually benefit from that.

Consumers will simply take their custom elsewhere, and during these austere times, often to the cheapest decent vendor. Whacking your prices up will do nothing but shoot yourself in the foot, IMO.

And those that try and absorb the VAT increase may well find themselves going out of business, too.

And those that try and absorb the VAT increase may well find themselves going out of business, too.

also true.

It's lose-lose! :lol::mrgreen:

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â