The New Condem Government

bickster

As for the Torygraph, we'll see if they move on to the tories and what they think of the Lib Dems - I assume they will.

They haven't so far, told us anything we didn't already know/assume, tbh.

Motive? - to sell papers.

I voted LibDem (as a tactical anti tory vote) Perhaps because it was tactical, not because I'm a supporter as such, and perhaps because it made absolutely no difference here (raving blue majority area) I'm utterly unbothered on a personal level that the LDs are as duplicitious as Labour and Tories - they haven't let me down, betrayed my vote or 'owt like that.

Would you be thinking the same if you were a student Pete, and had voted for them specifically on the Tuition fee promise/pledge?

So Jon you are now in favour of PR?

I wish you'd call him AWOL Ian (Drat). That's his username. Calling AWOL Jon, when that's my username, could easily get me tarred as [speaks into cuff] ... Tory. :twisted:

Me? Well, I always have been, and despite the actions of the Lie Dems in this "coalition", still am, an avowed PR and electoral reform advocate.

I just wish they hadn't got into bed with the wrong mistress. They'll pick up a horrible venereal disease, and it'll be the death of them.

I think it could be a ruse. Pretend the fighting is worse than it is, lull Labour into a false sense of security

Personally, I think the opposite is true Andrew.

I think underneath the current facade, the Lie Dems and Tories make very, very uncomfratble bedfellows. There's a lot of resentment and ill feeling on both sides, from grass roots all the way up to MP's and even some in Cameron's "inner circle", so to speak. :oops: :winkold: :lol:

The Telegraph exposé of the MPs expenses was a brilliant piece of journalism, and they should be congratulated for it. This latest thing with the MPs though seems entirely unnecessary and more the preserve of a rag like the Sun.

So Jon you are now in favour of PR?

I wish you'd call him AWOL Ian (Drat). That's his username. Calling AWOL Jon, when that's my username, could easily get me tarred as [speaks into cuff] ... Tory. :twisted:

Me? Well, I always have been, and despite the actions of the Lie Dems in this "coalition", still am, an avowed PR and electoral reform advocate.

I just wish they hadn't got into bed with the wrong mistress. They'll pick up a horrible venereal disease, and it'll be the death of them.

To be honest, I think if they had "sided" with labour they would arguably be corrupted as well (although I suspect they would not be as bad as they currently are)

I think it could be a ruse. Pretend the fighting is worse than it is, lull Labour into a false sense of security

I think underneath the current facade, the Lie Dems and Tories make very, very uncomfratble bedfellows. There's a lot of resentment and ill feeling on both sides, from grass roots all the way up to MP's and even some in Cameron's "inner circle", so to speak. :oops: :winkold: :lol:

I'm not saying there aren't cracks in the conDem camp, Jonathan (there are and the two parties are clearly uncomfortable with each other) but I think it is being deliberately overplayed to make it seem Labour has all the cards, and I think an ace is hiding somewhere. What this ace is, I don't know, but I reckon they are using the widening cracks to draw Labour in.

when that's my username, could easily get me tarred as [speaks into cuff] ... Tory.

we are all Tories deep down , just some are more in denial than others :-)

regarding the latest libs breaking ranks I've not read all the stories but it did appear as though the headlines were misleading

the headline was "Cameron is insincere and not to be trusted"

what the guy said was "He's certainly a very skilled operator. He's worked his way through the Tory system... Is he sincere? I do not know how to answer that question."

to my mind that doesn't sound like any big deal , it's an opinion he's entitled to have and doesn't appear to be saying Cameron is Insincere

and then we have "I don't want you to trust David Cameron... in the sense that you believe he's suddenly become a cuddly Liberal.

"Well, he hasn't. He's still a Conservative and he has values that I don't share."

again I don't see a lot wrong in that opinion either , he's not saying Cameron is untrustworthy per se , he's just relating it to his own liberal values

when that's my username, could easily get me tarred as [speaks into cuff] ... Tory.

regarding the latest libs breaking ranks I've not read all the stories but it did appear as though the headlines were misleading

what the guy said was "He's certainly a very skilled operator. He's worked his way through the Tory system... Is he sincere? I do not know how to answer that question."

to my mind that doesn't sound like any big deal , it's an opinion he's entitled to have and doesn't appear to be saying Cameron is Insincere

and then we have "I don't want you to trust David Cameron... in the sense that you believe he's suddenly become a cuddly Liberal.

"Well, he hasn't. He's still a Conservative and he has values that I don't share."

again I don't see a lot wrong in that opinion either , he's not saying Cameron is untrustworthy per se , he's just relating it to his own liberal values

I think you've missed your vocation as Green Dave's spin Doctor, Tone. :winkold:

I'm not saying there aren't cracks in the conDem camp, Jonathan (there are and the two parties are clearly uncomfortable with each other) but I think it is being deliberately overplayed to make it seem Labour has all the cards, and I think an ace is hiding somewhere. What this ace is, I don't know, but I reckon they are using the widening cracks to draw Labour in.

Who mentioned labour? No one, not the tv, nor the papers nor the football forums - all the news, all the talk is on the coallition, no one appears to be interested in what labour have got to say.

Who mentioned labour? No one, not the tv, nor the papers nor the football forums - all the news, all the talk is on the coallition, no one appears to be interested in what labour have got to say.

Indeed.

Red Ed's Labour Army seem to be flying well under the radar at the moment. I'm not sure that's a bad thing, TBH ....

I voted LibDem (as a tactical anti tory vote) Perhaps because it was tactical, not because I'm a supporter as such, and perhaps because it made absolutely no difference here (raving blue majority area) I'm utterly unbothered on a personal level that the LDs are as duplicitious as Labour and Tories - they haven't let me down, betrayed my vote or 'owt like that.

Would you be thinking the same if you were a student Pete, and had voted for them specifically on the Tuition fee promise/pledge?

I doubt it. But then again, as a voter I actually think the end result of the student fees thing is the right outcome. I genuinely don't believe that nearly so many people should be going to Uni, i don't believe that I or any other taxpayer should be paying for people to tart about doing media studies or many of the other largely useless courses. Fine, if they want to do that crap, pay for it themselves. For genuine talented people, doing genuine academic study, that will either benefit themselves or the nation, or both, then the old, old way was fine. Less students, proper courses - state pays. Gazillions of students, pointless courses, state (i.e. me and you) can't fund it all, so they should pay themselves.

:-) Tony - it depends if you think that Conservative values are trustworthy. Many don't

This whole new bunch, and apparently there are loads more just rips this Gvmt apart. The comments re Gideon are what many are thinking, shame that it has taken this form of journalism to get them out in the public domain. The comments re Cameron are again a mild version of what many are thinking, and again its a shame that the LibDem MP's are so scared of losing their positions and Gvmt allowances that they don't go public. The fact that they are prepared to say them to people they thought were constituents mean that either they are liars in private or they are liars in public. The duty of care is still to their constituencies not any Tory led Gvmt nor their Tory-Lite leader

I think you've missed your vocation as Green Dave's spin Doctor, Tone. :winkold:

with my spelling i suspect even Dem is in front of me in the queue :-)

the fact that there are a few Libs caught out and that they thought they were talking to their own voters in their constituency makes me think they were doing nothing more than trying to convince people they are still good guys in effect ...

the fact that there are a few Libs caught out and that they thought they were talking to their own voters in their constituency makes me think they were doing nothing more than trying to convince people they are still good guys in effect ...

So they were liars? No principles? will say anything to get a vote? ...... Pah no wonder you Tory boys like 'em :-)

So they were liars? No principles? will say anything to get a vote? ...... Pah no wonder you Tory boys like 'em :-)

we don't like them we just tolerate them the same way we tolerate our slightly backwards cousins in America :-)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â