The New Condem Government

bickster

:crylaugh: @ KL - you really don't like them at all do you sir? :-)

Maybe they should act like these students

cameron-bullingdon-club.jpg

They have never been known to vandalise buildings or run amok or cause any sort of problems ....................... Oh hang on ...........

:crylaugh: @ KL

Maybe they should act like these students

cameron-bullingdon-club.jpg

They have never been known to vandalise buildings or run amok or cause any sort of problems ....................... Oh hang on ...........

:hooray: @ Drat

I was a student and many of my friends where, but we didn't act like hooligans smashing the shit out of things and weren't prepared to pay for our FURTHER education.

University is not a right, it's further education.

Otherwise if I am 35 and want to go to uni, then I too want it free, or for **** all and an awesome job at the end of it.

they need to realise the number of people obtaining degrees will not be going into a high paid job they couldn't get if they hadn't gone to uni.

it was happening nearly 7 years ago and it's happening now.

they should probably have kept fees as they were and capped the number of places.

The problem is they didn't keep fees the same and instead trebled them, essentially pricing people out of further education and denying them the choice.

It is sickening, disgusting and has very little to do with capitalism. It's elitism at is very finest.

then they should have reduced the uni positions in total to reduce the cost of university as a whole.

the fact is there are too many people going to uni and there has been for years.

Maybe, but that's more to do with the failure to provide decent enough alternatives and an apparent 'universty or nothing' approach over the past few years.

The fees are unfair and wrong, plain and simple. They have every right to protest.

protest yes, but not smash the place up because they don't agree with something.

the fact is this policy is a terrible solution to labours terrible further education policy.

what labour tried to do has failed massively.

the good thing they have pushed is apprentiships and some alternatives to University. They should have pumped more time and investment into those projects.

Now there is a surplus of people with degrees working in admin centers banks, and many other jobs which require basic computer skills at best.

You need a demand for further educated students for highly skilled jobs, don't just pump people through Uni and basically say

"great you've got a degree in X, but there are so many of you, you can work on £20k for years until you are fortunate enough to finish a masters and be the next level up".

Degree is no longer a right to a better job, it's now a masters.

I won't go into the whole thing, but he's getting his kids to do work for the gov't (him), not as private sector. But he's making the analogy that they are private sector. If they were private sector they could get "business cards" from neighbours, and instead of doing jobs for him, would be doing jobs for others - The whole tax stuff would be different

The kids doing jobs for neighbours for their business cards would be analagous to working in a different (foreign) economy not a different sector of the same economy.

The business cards earned from the neighbours would not be accepted by the father in payment for their 'tax obligation' as they were not the currency which he issued (he is the monopoly issuer of the currency needed to satisfy that obligation namely his own business cards).

the fact is this policy is a terrible solution to labours terrible further education policy.

And it's a solution that is punishing people who, in most cases, never had a say in the past 13 years.

Young people are getting shafted left, right and centre for something which that had no control over. Of course they are going to be pissed off.

And it's a solution that is punishing people who, in most cases, never had a say in the past 13 years.

Young people are getting shafted left, right and centre for something which that had no control over. Of course they are going to be pissed off.

well I haven't found any solution online provided by the opposition to try and reduce the number of places or reduce costs of the overall university system.

If there is anything I would like to read it.

it's a case of "we don't want this, we want it for free and lots of jobs available after". sounds like that to me.

there are TOO MANY people going to Uni and has been the case for at least 7 years.

My friends who graduated in 2003 had to wait years to get the jobs they wanted, they were working in £17k a year jobs anyone could get.

the fact is less people need to go to uni.

my policy wouldn't be the tories "price people out of it", but "there are only X number of places", you'd best be clever to get to uni.

Can't wait to see Jon Snow reporting on this and keeping a straight face. He'll probably think it a little tame compared to his day. He was rusticated back in the day over an occupation of Senate House in Liverpool Uni, didn't happen to us though when we did it in the 80's and we killed the vice chancellor when we occupied senate house. (or he came to speak to us and had a heart attack to be more precise)

they should limit the places so everyone is effected, not just the rich, not just the poor, everyone.

Uni should be educationally elitist. Doesn't matter if you are poor, or bill gates, if you get decent grades and you prove you have the intelligence to achieve, then you can go to uni.

how you can go to uni with anything below E's is beyond me.

I don't disagree with that, but for the situation at hand i think the Tories are targeting the wrong people and being rather unjust about it.

What's new then ;)

Actually as far as I can see (from my warped perspective) they are targeting the right people, they are targetting the middle class whose kids are about to go to Uni and now they'll have to pay through the nose to get them there.

Someone take the blunderbus off Mr Cameron and call him an ambulance, I think he has both feet missing.

Do I agree with the current idea of Higher Education? No, Kidlewis is right, there are too many people "going to Uni". Do I agree with what this idiotic governent are trying to do? No not at all.

Nice to see the student population get off its arse for the first time in 25 years and cause some shit thought. This kinda thing used to happen every year.

I don't disagree with that, but for the situation at hand i think the Tories are targeting the wrong people and being rather unjust about it.

What's new then ;)

Actually as far as I can see (from my warped perspective) they are targeting the right people, they are targetting the middle class whose kids are about to go to Uni and now they'll have to pay through the nose to get them there.

Someone take the blunderbus off Mr Cameron and call him an ambulance, I think he has both feet missing.

Do I agree with the current idea of Higher Education? No, Kidlewis is right, there are too many people "going to Uni". Do I agree with what this idiotic governent are trying to do? No not at all.

Nice to see the student population get off its arse for the first time in 25 years and cause some shit thought. This kinda thing used to happen every year.

finally someone who agrees with me about uni placements.

Uni is over subscribed and even the people completing uni is too high, so the number of people going needs to reduce.

it should be limited on academic ability but then there is the whole argument of "i was poor and went to a shit secondary school, so I won't get as good grades as someone else".

which annoys me.

not saying i dont blame the students for protesting as i think its justified but the bigger picture is labour is up the arse of unions so these major protests/riots only occur when labour are not in power

not saying i dont blame the students for protesting as i think its justified but the bigger picture is labour is up the arse of unions so these major protests/riots only occur when labour are not in power

Dem, the NUS isn't really a proper union, its a bit pretend really, its not affiliated to the TUC and has no real financial clout at all. It doesn't contribute to the Labour Party either

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â