The New Condem Government

bickster

Alan Johnson is a shrewd choice for shadow chancellor.

Most definitely. He will run rings round Osbourne and show him to be the incompetent, out of his depth prick that he is. Although anyone of sane mind would have seen that already.

Warsi :-)

What exactly is her role? Serious question, because she is obviously totally out of her depth on whatever she seems to do.

Watched it last night Ian and she didn't come across well at all although, given the way the Tories have back tracked on many of there pre election promises, putting any Tory in front of a camera, and questions from rightfully aggrieved members of the public who have been lied to, is like putting a lamb to the slaughter.

Add to that that like many of her colleagues in government she doesn't have a **** clue what she is doing.

Warsi :-)

What exactly is her role? Serious question, because she is obviously totally out of her depth on whatever she seems to do.

Her job? To tick two boxes in one go and generally annoy the **** out of me with her every breath. She is an arrogant, smug, conceited, superior and pompous yet from what I can tell extremely poor at doing what she is paid to do.

Her performance last night was simply terrible.

Listening to Dimbleby 's show on the radio last night. A panelist questioned the motivation behind the cuts in child benefit. The Tories state that this is only being done because of the budget deficit. It was asked if once the deficit is lowered, however long that takes, would the benefits under attack now be reinstated. If the answer is no, then it becomes more a long term idealogical cut than one truly driven by short term fiscal expediency. Ian Duncan Smith skirted the point, but I think it's a relevant one.

I fully agree with cutting/stopping child benefit for higher earners/the wealthy.

I'd be happy taxing them more TBH, but cutting child benefit for the better off is a step in the right direction ....

Again Jon that is a fair point but the facts are that this Gvmt are looking to impose a half arsed scheme that does not address that point, its being shown up as a policy based on ideals rather than a contributor to issues regarding deficit reduction.

Today we are starting to hear that they are now using the ideas that they lambasted only a day or so a go from Darling as the way forward. Hypocrisy again from this Gvmt of liars and cheats.

The more I hear about this whole Child Benefit thing the more I suspect that its part of a "play thing" that Cameron and Gideon to a certain extent are mucking about with. The fact that many of the rest of this Gvmt didn't even know what was being proposed by Gideon is alarming, which sort of makes you wonder if they are clueless and are "testing the water" as to what level of cutbacks the people would accept. That is not a way that the Gvmt should run, but maybe its part of the "big society" bollox Cameron wants?

That's the way Blair ran the gov't, Ian.

Pete - This lot though are seemingly lost without any sort of direction. Their policy direction is like following George Michael drive down Oxford street, all over the place, bumping into things and when challenged about it denying it was their fault

From reading this you'd think the country is in a state of emergency. Why can't people let whoever is in charge get on and criticise if/when it goes wrong, rather than continue to hold prejudice before anything substantial has occurred. As someone who can take an outside view on things as I'm not a full-time resident, I think it's funny a Labour supporter can actually call the ConDems liars and cheats!

I think it's funny a Labour supporter can actually call the ConDems liars and cheats!

Why? I am intrigued by that view. Are you then saying that is a label that can only be attached to one party? Oh I see, those are the rules then.

The facts - and I know how supporters of the ConDem's have a problem with them - are that Lies (or were they just forgetful omissions now as Cameron is trying to make out) were told in order to get elected. Cheats - Oh yeah now remind me again about people having to resign their posts within the Gvmt within days of it being setup due to Expenses cheats. Or how we hear on a regular basis about Tax cheats or god forbid we should even mention phone hacking, but hey that is not allowed now as we can only say it about Labour?

As a sensible Irish man says above ........... (Note: remove Gvmt and change to politician )

Why can't people let whoever is in charge get on and criticise if/when it goes wrong, rather than continue to hold prejudice before anything substantial has occurred.

Surely that is what is happening? Or again can we not make any comment about the Gvmt?

The Gvmt announce benefit changes - so we comment about the balls up they make

The Gvmt make announcements on various laws they want to change - so we comment about the H word of their previous comments

These are substantial because they are all part of this wonderful magical scheme that they are promising to make all of the worlds problems go away.

The country is not in a state of emergency you are 100% right, the Gvmt would love you to think that way and to quote Cameron " There is no other responsible way".

As MereGreen says above I wonder how many of these cuts will be sold to the people as being permanent or how many will be just while they get over the deficit issues. Long cold winter ahead, brrrrrrrr

but hey that is not allowed now as we can only say it about Labour?

Why pretend like that is the case? Every day you’re on here dripping with rage and posting comments that border on the demagoguery over you hatred/outrage at the Conservatives. You’re free to criticise and you do and nobody has once ever stopped you from doing it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â