The New Condem Government

bickster

well its a phrase first used by a  Richard Best, a crossbencher in the Lords, taken up by the Labour party. A phrase rejected by Cameron  in the Commons asking  Milliband how it can possibly be a tax.

well its a phrase first used by a  Richard Best, a crossbencher in the Lords, taken up by the Labour party. A phrase rejected by Cameron  in the Commons asking  Milliband how it can possibly be a tax.

i saw that as cross dresser for some reason and thought why should that have any baring on his opinion

the left wing BBC have said it's not a tax but "bedroom tax"  does roll off the tongue better than " who the **** thought up this barking mad policy "

• Like 1

17,000 social housing units in Birmingham are under occupied, there are a mere 400 units free for those inhabitants to downscale to

Well thought out or headline grabbing bullshit policy?

Interesting seeing some of the comments on here of late and then reading some of the di canio stuff. The definitions of fascism and the beliefs of ukip and their supporters certainly do make a similar pairing.

Also to see tony describe the bbc as left wing as some sort of 'insult' is very funny. I am supposing that political big wigs like robinson (ex young tory leader) and marr are left wing? Also yes it is a tax as ddid says its all words but bottom line is still that the poorer will be hit by this and is in reality a tax. Maybe that other tory tax, the poll tax wasnt a tax either?

Interesting seeing some of the comments on here of late and then reading some of the di canio stuff. The definitions of fascism and the beliefs of ukip and their supporters certainly do make a similar pairing.

Also to see tony describe the bbc as left wing as some sort of 'insult' is very funny. I am supposing that political big wigs like robinson (ex young tory leader) and marr are left wing? Also yes it is a tax as ddid says its all words but bottom line is still that the poorer will be hit by this and is in reality a tax. Maybe that other tory tax, the poll tax wasnt a tax either?

31,000 posts and a long standing VT gag / meme  that someone with 12 posts would have got goes straight over your head  ..for shame

Edited by tonyh29

Arguing over semantics in the House of Parliament? No wonder we're ****.

To be fair, as that's where laws are made, it is rather the place for it. :)

I'm sure you know what I mean. "It's a tax", "oh no it isn't", "he's behind you!" etc etc.

The pantomime rolls on.

:) Oh Drat. Please, make me laugh some more and explain how the definition of fascism and the policies of UKIP are similar? This should be hilarious.

• Like 1

I'm sure you know what I mean. "It's a tax", "oh no it isn't", "he's behind you!" etc etc.

The pantomime rolls on.

I think it depends whether the argument over semantics is intended to obfuscate or to illuminate (I think 'the bedroom tax v under-occupation penalty v whatever else someone wants to call it' is the former, btw).
  • Like 1

:) Oh Drat. Please, make me laugh some more and explain how the definition of fascism and the policies of UKIP are similar? This should be hilarious.

Nigel Farage has pledged to make the trains run on time.

• Like 1

In response to the petition for him to spend a year living on £53 a week (after his claim on Radio 4 that he could if he had to (not verbatim)), in his local rag Duncan Smith has called it a 'complete stunt'.

A similar phrase springs to mind more often than not when his name comes up.

Edit: In light of the history of porkies surrounding his CV, I wonder just how well his claim to know what it's like living 'on the breadline' because of his two periods of unemployment would hold up too. :P

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

it's 2013 and the age of the interweb surely nobody still believes that Mussolini myth   !!

it's 2013 and the age of the interweb surely nobody still believes that Mussolini myth   !!

Just like the moon landing ;)

In response to the petition for him to spend a year living on £53 a week (after his claim on Radio 4 that he could if he had to (not verbatim)), in his local rag Duncan Smith has called it a 'complete stunt'.

A similar phrase springs to mind more often than not when his name comes up.

Edit: In light of the history of porkies surrounding his CV, I wonder just how well his claim to know what it's like living 'on the breadline' because of his two periods of unemployment would hold up too. :P

didn't he go on some CH4 show a few years back where he lived with a low income person ? iirc he wimped out early citing work commitments ?

I remembered that, too, but I checked and the reports said that his wife was diagnosed with cancer and that's why he left (replaced by Dorries!), which is fair enough.

I don't have any time for him but even I wouldn't think that bad of him to believe he'd make that up.

The pantomime rolls on.

I think it depends whether the argument over semantics is intended to obfuscate or to illuminate (I think 'the bedroom tax v under-occupation penalty v whatever else someone wants to call it' is the former, btw).

I have 'liked' this and also, thank you for the new word.

Obfuscate.

Ob•fus•cate.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â