The New Condem Government

bickster

fair play to George Osbourne, you really know you've left your mark on a country when a happy feelgood crowd at a paralympic sporting event has booed and heckled you at a medal giving ceremony

Quite understandable, but then apparently the same crowd cheered Gordon Brown, so their judgement has zero credibility.

** Pedant** T'was a different venue and thus a different crowd (Brown was at the Aquatic centre)

tbh I think it's wrong , same as I thought it was wrong when the Liverpool fans booed the Labour blokey at the Hillsborough remembrance ... it over shadows the event itself

Thanks for the correction. My fault for listening to TalkShite reporting

Gordon brown has a disabled son. He and his ife have done a lot for beneficial causes for disabled. Gideon osborne is a key member of a party that has brought in the abhorrent principles that deem a cancer victim fit for work just before they die of the illness. When booed he and his fellow party prat may just laugh. No wonder so many despise them

Funny how tony tries to blame someone else for hunts beliefs n the nhs. He conveniently forgets hunts views in the book. More deflection i see, shame that they are so embarassed by their party and their obsession to kill the nhs they try everything to deflect from any questioning of them. More scandalous appointments from a gvmt so out of touch with public feeling its nreal. What next more disclosures of them feathering their own nests? No dobt tony will forget that hunt was th coauthor of the book and try and blame hat utter word removed hannan

Osborne is a key member of a party that has brought in the abhorrent principles that deem a cancer victim fit for work just before they die of the illness.

I've not heard this and had a google search and couldn't turn anything up either ... Do you have a link as I'd be interested to read it

Osborne is a key member of a party that has brought in the abhorrent principles that deem a cancer victim fit for work just before they die of the illness.

I've not heard this and had a google search and couldn't turn anything up either ... Do you have a link as I'd be interested to read it

guess it's this story about atos

Funny how tony tries to blame someone else for hunts beliefs n the nhs. He conveniently forgets hunts views in the book. More deflection i see, shame that they are so embarassed by their party and their obsession to kill the nhs they try everything to deflect from any questioning of them. More scandalous appointments from a gvmt so out of touch with public feeling its nreal. What next more disclosures of them feathering their own nests?

Woo back there ... You attributed a quote to Hunt that he didn't make and I pulled you up on it , that isn't deflection .. it would of course be much better if you just made up facts and we all agreed with you but hey sometimes the truth is more interesting

guess it's this story about atos

Pretty piss poor Stuff from Atos / government there

It's one thing targeting people abusing a system but something like that is a disgrace and shouldn't have been allowed to happen

So being a coauthor of a book that describes that is in fact not agreeing with it now is it? Of course he was totally against the statement and all similar views....... Then again no he wasnt. But again tony lets not let things like that be considered. Funny how hunt has never countered those views or those claims made against him and the opening ceremony. But again i suppose we shouldnt discuss them as they may be embarassing for tory party, its members and supporters.

so now I have to read the Northern Ireland news websites or be accused of being a liar :shock:

T'was the first I'd heard of her though admittedly I've not been following the news much the past few weeks or so what with being out the country

So being a coauthor of a book that describes that is in fact not agreeing with it now is it? Of course he was totally against the statement and all similar views....... Then again no he wasnt. But again tony lets not let things like that be considered. Funny how hunt has never countered those views or those claims made against him and the opening ceremony. But again i suppose we shouldnt discuss them as they may be embarassing for tory party, its members and supporters.

How many times ......The quote wasn't even in the book ( whilst looking into this non existant quote of yours it also seems from google searches that Hunt wasn't co-author of the book , though he is listed as a supporter of the group behind the book on the inside cover )

But you could prove this once and for all ... perhaps you could post a link to the book with the quote in it , it shouldn't be that hard to find seeing as the websites you frequent are all quoting from it , they must have copies and have linked to it ?

From todays reshuffle people who abuse the system should get their job back it seems. Welcome back you thief David laws.

Only needs 1 more comeback to equal Mandelsons

Must look back through VT to see your outrage and condemnation at that thief coming back into government

Oops my bad I'm not allowed to point out hypocrisy am I

From todays reshuffle people who abuse the system should get their job back it seems. Welcome back you thief David laws.

Only needs 1 more comeback to equal Mandelsons

Must look back through VT to see your outrage and condemnation at that thief coming back into government

Oops my bad I'm not allowed to point out hypocrisy am I

Mandelson's failings are greater than the grubby personal enrichment he engaged in so assiduously for so many years, schmoozing the rich and the powerful like an Elizabethan tart around a minor royal.

But on Laws, here are some examples of the kinds of disparities which make ordinary people so completely disillusioned with politicians, and by extension, with politics.

In what sense is what David Laws did less bad, less deserving of punishment, less offensive than these cases and others? By what right should he be given high office, power and perks after sitting on the bench for a couple of years, while others who defrauded an equivalent amount are jailed? When the government conducts high profile campaigns encouraging public hatred of "benefit cheats" while rewarding one of its own for doing exactly the same thing through a different channel, how can the public have anything but contempt, derision and utter disrespect for them?

The cases mentioned are referenced by hyperlinks in the original.

A little over two years ago, Treasury Minister David Laws was discovered to have claimed more than £40,000 in parliamentary expenses and paid it to his long-term partner, against parliamentary rules. He resigned and was later ruled to be guilty of breaking six rules. Today he became a junior minister in the Department for Education.

In 2010, a man from Coventry was given six months in prison after being convicted of a £41,000 benefit fraud. A couple of months earlier, a woman in Stoke-on-Trent was jailed for 16 weeks for a similar offence, after she failed to disclose she was living with her partner. Another woman was spared jail but received a suspended sentence of 18 weeks for failing to disclose she was living with her partner “as man and wife”. A pensioner with learning difficulties was given a seven month suspended sentence and 100 hours unpaid work for claiming £40,000 in benefits while he had £90,000 in savings, much of it in cash.

Last month, a man who fraudulently claimed £40,000 in benefits to fund his mortgage was given a month to repay the money or face jail. The month before, a woman who claimed more than £40,000 in council tax and housing benefits over 14 years was given a six month suspended sentence and electronically tagged to enforce a curfew. The same month, a freelance TV presenter who helped to unmask unscrupulous businesses was jailed for 12 weeks for fraudulent benefits claims totalling £24,000.

Pretty piss poor Stuff from Atos / government there

It's one thing targeting people abusing a system but something like that is a disgrace and shouldn't have been allowed to happen

Been allowed? I'd suggest that it is intended - not the woman dying but her treatment by Atos and the DWP.

It's not a point just against this government as this is the continuation of the previous process under Purnell (there are new things and these include the proposed jump in financial sanctions and the change in meaning of statutory redifinition of 'work related activity').

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â