The New Condem Government

bickster

... Labour doesn't have an economic policy and all of their predictions have been shown to be nonsense

Don't they?

They haven't fleshed out something to fully stand against the current government's policies (indeed they've taken the decision to say that their origin will be government finances as the government may leave them) but then again the Tories didn't either (they pretty much accepted every single spending commitment of the previous government until about a year or so before the last election).

I thought it was daft the last time just as it is daft this time to decry an opposition for not 'saying what they would do' and tying themselves in knots so long before an election.

As far as predictions go, I'm not sure anyone's predictions have become true or have been shown not to be nonsense ('twas ever thus, no?).

Edit: Interestingly, I read an article/comment piece earlier on (and it may have been in the Grauniad) that Labour's difficulty in combatting Osborne is that his policies have largely been, since about 2011, Keynesian (with a political slant, perhaps). I'll try and find which one it was.

Edited by bickster
  • Like 1

_73690936_bingoad.jpg

Even that twonk Alexander struggled when that was presented to him on Newsnight. I think he said that he initially thought it was some kind of spoof.

It does appear to have been a genuine tweet from Tory party chairman Michael Green.

Gawd effin' 'elp us.

Edit: It'd be nice to know whether tory grass roots were in favour of that kind of campaign. If only we had someone on here who could claim to represent local Tories and could confirm if that was the kind of message they wanted to put across. They could even do it just by the press of a virtual button. A 'like', perhaps.

Edited by snowychap

_73690936_bingoad.jpg

Even that twonk Alexander struggled when that was presented to him on Newsnight. I think he said that he initially thought it was some kind of spoof.It does appear to have been a genuine tweet from Tory party chairman Michael Green.Gawd effin' 'elp us.Edit: It'd be nice to know whether tory grass roots were in favour of that kind of campaign. If only we had someone on here who could claim to represent local Tories and could confirm if that was the kind of message they wanted to put across. They could even do it just by the press of a virtual button. A 'like', perhaps.
So funny. If someone else had made that as an illustration of how Tories think about people, we'd be told it was a grossly unfair and wholly untrue parody based on long-outdated stereotypes.

As we so clearly see, this is how they think, as revealed by the man with the remit for communication and keeping the government in touch with the party.

• Like 3

BjIFIeaCQAAjZ0g.jpg

Some good bingo calls appearing on Twitter

"Closing your A&E - 23"

"Number 2 - long food bank queue"

"Take from the poor - 44"

"Give to the rich - 66"

Tax haven, number seven

Country estate, number eight...

• Like 2

BjIFIeaCQAAjZ0g.jpg

Some good bingo calls appearing on Twitter

"Closing your A&E - 23"

"Number 2 - long food bank queue"

"Take from the poor - 44"

"Give to the rich - 66"

Tax haven, number seven

Country estate, number eight...

Not sure haven and 7 go?

liking the country estate one though.

"Fake committment to go Green - 15"

Shapps out the door, number four

The rich will thrive, number five

Bunch of (mildly sweary word ending in icks), number six

Plutocrats' heaven, number seven

It's the poor they hate, number eight

Hear them whine, number nine

Bring back Benn, number ten

• Like 1

One for Risso

Murphy_zps2d8cf92e.jpg

Play another few rounds of bingo, obviously. All us commoners do isn't it? The joke's on him thinking he'll even save that though. A penny a pint, do you really think anyone's going to go to the effort of changing all of their prices? It's a boost of a few quid a week for pubs, I guess...

I particularly liked the phrasing of it though, I have to say. "The things they enjoy". After Cameron pretending he'd ever eaten a cornish pasty, and Osbourne trying to look like a man of the people with his gourmet burger, it's nice that they've given up any pretense of us all being in it together, it's us and them.

BjHdcMXIYAIL7l5.jpg

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 4

One for Risso

Murphy_zps2d8cf92e.jpg

I imagine it'll go towards the cost of running his self promotion blog.    That's a lot of beer he'd have to drink to save that much by the way, I had him down more as a Babycham man myself.

As for the Tory Bingo poster, WHEN are they going to sack their marketing department?  Every single time they post something on Twitter, it blows up in their faces completely, eg Osbourne scoffing his posh burger, Cameron taking a call from world leaders and now this.  Unless they think that all publicity is good publicity, what was actually a decent budget that had Milliband looking increasingly desperate is now going to be remembered for "same old posh boy Tories".

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â