The New Condem Government

bickster

I'm not against the 11% payrise on the condition that ALL other parliamentary expenses and benefits (except travel) are removed and the second home question is resolved by building a sort of "Halls of Residence" for them all. 

AQ, PIRA and whoever would be then free to target at will. 

I'm not against the 11% payrise on the condition that ALL other parliamentary expenses and benefits (except travel) are removed and the second home question is resolved by building a sort of "Halls of Residence" for them all.

AQ, PIRA and whoever would be then free to target at will.

Yeah yeah, I'm sure all that will probably happen.

Despite the fact that no MP questioned wants it, it looks like they're going to have to suffer an 11% pay rise. It's such a horrible cruel world sometimes but I'm sure they'll battle through this. Remember guys, we're all in it together.

But we have to grasp the nettle sooner or later.

The MP's expenses system was set up to hide previous pay-rises and avoid similar backlashes, and it led to systematic fraud.

This is an attempt to put that right and start again.

There are plenty of public employees doing a worse job for a lot more, so we have to face the reality, as unpleasant as that may be.

Edited by MakemineVanilla

PRP wouldn't work for politicians - how do you meause it? 

You have to have spouted a certain amount of bullshit for the year. 

% of votes in Parliament 

Have you met your quote of U Turns for the year. 

PRP wouldn't work for politicians - how do you meause it? 

You have to have spouted a certain amount of bullshit for the year. 

% of votes in Parliament 

Have you met your quote of U Turns for the year. 

What about a Rate Your MP website like with teachers?

Every constituent is issued with a code which allows them to give an on-going approval-rating.

The MP must then provide information about attendance at Westminster and how they voted and why, and expenses claims.

We need more accountability.

How about paying them 2.5 or 3 times the average wage, that way if we get more money, they get more money.

Also I wouldn't let any of them stand more than 2 terms. That should discourage career polticians.

Edited by colhint

How about paying them 2.5 or 3 times the average wage, that way if we get more money, they get more money

How about paying them the national average wage instead? Couple that with the kind of permissible expense claims private sector companies accept and you may get a better class of person as your MP.

Also I wouldn't let any of them stand more than 2 terms. That should discourage career polticians.

There are some bloody good MPs in the H of C, and some very good ones that have been there for a long while. To kick them out because of some strange rule that they've been there too long seems odd to me. 

Yes, there are some/quite a few shite ones too. But imposing a time limit on all to discourage a few bad eggs seems wrong to me.

How about paying them 2.5 or 3 times the average wage, that way if we get more money, they get more money

How about paying them the national average wage instead? Couple that with the kind of permissible expense claims private sector companies accept and you may get a better class of person as your MP.

Don't see that working really. Whether the individuals mp's are any good is doubtful, however the position carries responsibility. I'm sure the national average covers those jobs at the lower end of the pay scale. I think the position warrants more than that

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â