The New Condem Government

bickster

Alan Duncan at No 256

he'll know about this list, and he'll be gutted

Literally, I hope, with a Bowie knife.

Well done, post of the year.

A real sickener for the rest of us who can only gape in awe at the scintillating wit of these snappy one liners. Not sure I can agree with post of the year because the competition is so stiff. They are all of the same quality.

This comes back to something I said last week actually.

For me the vitriolic hatred that laces political comments is more prevalent in those of a left wing nature in my experience.  Not being specific to this thread or this forum,  but in general.  And I'm not entirely sure why,  it is interesting though.

• Like 1

Alan Duncan at No 256

A real sickener for the rest of us who can only gape in awe at the scintillating wit of these snappy one liners. Not sure I can agree with post of the year because the competition is so stiff. They are all of the same quality.

For me the vitriolic hatred that laces political comments is more prevalent in those of a left wing nature in my experience.  Not being specific to this thread or this forum,  but in general.  And I'm not entirely sure why,  it is interesting though.

And those of a right of centre bent are clearly humourless by the same token. Or you could just be talking bollocks and breaking site guidelines in the process (grouping people if you weren't aware.)

Does anyone really have to explain the bowie knife comment wasn't entirely serious?

• Like 3

Does anyone really have to explain the bowie knife comment wasn't entirely serious?

I thought it was just a not very funny post but obviously not serious, until VillaAjax posted this to clarify:

... I was thinking 'Iain Duncan' but I stand by my statement.

Not that I care, it's a just a pretty stupid thing to say.

• Like 1

bickster, on 17 Oct 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

Richard, on 17 Oct 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

privateer, on 17 Oct 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

Awol, on 17 Oct 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

villaajax, on 17 Oct 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

chrisp65, on 17 Oct 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

Alan Duncan at No 256

And those of a right of centre bent are clearly humourless by the same token. Or you could just be talking bollocks and breaking site guidelines in the process (grouping people if you weren't aware.)

he clearly said NOT on this website so why is that breaking sight guidelines   ?  and if it is breaking guidelines  how is it different to  posters on here who write "all Tories are scum  , All Tories are nasty , tories are evil    ..etc etc 

appreciate you didn't have your red ink out here but I hope there isn't some VT singling out going on here

• Like 1

I thought it was just a not very funny post but obviously not serious, until VillaAjax posted this to clarify:

this ...  t'was amusing that your post of the year comment appears to have been taken seriously though  :)

• Like 1

Richard, on 17 Oct 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

Not being specific to this thread or this forum,  but in general.  And I'm not entirely sure why,  it is interesting though.

he clearly said NOT on this website so why is that breaking sight guidelines

He clearly didn't say that at all. I read that as "including this website but in a wider context also"

And as it relates to a post on this website then it can only mean that.

• Like 1

this ...  t'was amusing that your post of the year comment appears to have been taken seriously though  :)

Hmm, not sure if serious Tony?

this ... t'was amusing that your post of the year comment appears to have been taken seriously though :)

Hmm, not sure if serious Tony?

Come on Baldrick , you can do better than that ...

villaajax, on 17 Oct 2013 - 4:58 PM, said:

Come on Tony, you can do some better name calling than that can't you? Anyway, if you thought I was being serious then whos the fool?

well at least you came up with something original for a change , I half expected you to call me Baldrick ;)

So, the government's Social Mobility and Child Poverty Commission warned the target of ending child poverty by 2020 would "in all likelihood be missed by a considerable margin". Many people are being paid below a living wage, and social divisions are growing.

And in other good news, with winter just around the corner, British Gas has raised it's energy prices by 9.2%. It will be a long cold winter for the poor.

If that isn't more concerning than a tongue in cheek Internet comment about a government minister, you have issues.

• Like 1

Alan Duncan at No 256

I think you're completely right. I tried to make a similar point earlier. I don't understand how people who claim to be so such bastions or tolerance and compassion can rationalise their abusive posts. Well I don't think they can really and as you allude to, their comments betray their hatred and intolerance. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â