The New Condem Government

bickster

I take your point to an extent, Pete.  The difference is, should someone be retarded enough to wear such a t-shirt outside a mosque, they'd rightly be nicked. How many "right wingers" do you see outside a left wing conference sporting "kill Labour scum" gear or screaming at the Greens?

I think on balance there is simply more hatred and bile in the left wing than the right, even a dispassionate reading of this thread might give that impression. 

As for the hypocrite Toynbee, she's been up in arms about poor old Ralph M and the slating he's received from the goose steppers, rewind to this:

"...To be a privileged toff is a handicap – so Cameron jerks a tear for his stockbroker father's crippled foot. In image-making, under-doggery is a winning ticket"

in the Guardian from August and she is mocking Cameron's emotion about his own dead dad's disability.

It's the rank hypocrisy of the left that make their constant claim to the moral high ground so vomit inducing.

Edited by Awol
  • Like 1

this is one of the most intelligent and well informed assessments of the way some treat the wider political debate that I have seen in a very long time

Without in any way dissing AWOL, or yourself, if you take the party political part out of it, then yes. If you leave that in, then either it isn't, or you don't read much. That's genuinely not meant as a dig at either of you, just that the point is absolutely not (for me) a left/right one, but just a societal one.

Oh dear, that one's going to break the "like" button! ;)

I don't go to conferences. Awol. I don't think you belive that it's only left wing idiots who wear offensive T-shirts, anyway. I hope not at least. I've just googled "Kill [x] t-shirt" and inserted Communists, Liberal and so on for the [X]. There's loads of idiotic slogans of all shades, sadly.

As for Toynbee, there's a significant difference between [iMO unfairly, and wrongly] criticising someone (Cameron) over his own mentioning of his fathers disability as a "background" point to his own views, and criticising someone's dead father. One is playing the man (Cameron) the other is lying about someone who is dead, for no other reason than to smear his son, in the process. To extend the analogy, neither plays the ball, but only one is Roy Keane-esque.

I'm not defending either, neither are edifying, but the worse instance is clearly, obviously, the Mail one. But really my point is that it is just wrong of either left or right to calim a moral high ground, they both enter the swamp far too often. There really isn't a "superior" set of behaviours from one or the other. Anyone who really believes there is looks to me to be less than objective.

Have I misunderstood the last few condem announcements?

We don't have the money to give the nurses their 1% as previously agreed, but we are able to announce a few new tax breaks for people?

I guess if we can stiff the nurses out of their 1% this might help fund the tax break that people can use to buy shares in the royal mail.

• Like 1

...even a dispassionate reading of this thread might give that impression.

Why single out this thread?

Are you really suggesting that a 'dispassionate' reading of threads about the previous government would give this same impression?

And just who would be doing this dispassionate reading and balanced assessment? You surely aren't actually claiming that your opinion or the opinions of those also posting the same or liking the posts expressing this opinion are dispassionate and balanced?

We don't have the money to give the nurses their 1% as previously agreed, but we are able to announce a few new tax breaks for people?

I guess if we can stiff the nurses out of their 1% this might help fund the tax break that people can use to buy shares in the royal mail.

Isn't it more likely to be an opening salvo in a negotiation about getting rid of progression pay?

Why single out this thread? Are you really suggesting that a 'dispassionate' reading of threads about the previous government would give this same impression? And just who would be doing this dispassionate reading and balanced assessment? You surely aren't actually claiming that your opinion or the opinions of those also posting the same or liking the posts expressing this opinion are dispassionate and balanced?  
  thank you Sir Humphrey Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

reading the rather long Guardian article it seemed to be Progression pay + the 1% (cost of living ?)   ... presumably Hunt is trying to stop the 1% ... when arguably he should be going after the progression pay

Why single out this thread?

Er, it was just an example?

Are you really suggesting that a 'dispassionate' reading of threads about the previous government would give this same impression?

See above

And just who would be doing this dispassionate reading and balanced assessment? You surely aren't actually claiming that your opinion or the opinions of those also posting the same or liking the posts expressing this opinion are dispassionate and balanced?

No, that'll be you putting words in my mouth. Cheers for that. You'll note the post was addressed to Blandy...

• Like 1

No, that'll be you putting words in my mouth. Cheers for that.

Cobblers, Jon. I was asking for clarification because the way that you had posted - firstly giving your opinion and then saying that 'even a dispassionate reading of this thread might' support that opinion - sounded to me like you trying to associate your biased view (and before you kick off, my view is biased, too - as are those of every other contributor to this thread) with the 'balanced and dispassionate' but in such a way as to allow you the possibility of a retort such as the above.

You'll note the post was addressed to Blandy...

What's that supposed to mean?

Was no one else supposed to read it or respond to it?

Edited by snowychap

The post was addressed to Blandy, as was the suggestion that a dispassionate reading of the thread might support my argument. I'm not suggesting it shouldn't be responded to, the whole point is to provoke debate, I just thought it obvious who it was directed at specifically.

Yes everyone has an opinion so people cannot be truly unbiased (EVEN the moderators :) ), but Blandy is probably one of the most impartial - or at least open minded - posters on the bollitics stuff*.

Anyway, I wasn't suggesting anyone be sad enough to actually do it, more to highlight that there is probably some evidence of a pattern in this thread to support my point, if they could be arsed to look. My original comment wasn't even about this forum.

*For a raving yoghurt knitter.

• Like 2

As someone who claims expenses from work nearly every week I can appreciate the ball ache they become but Liam fox really claiming 3pence for a 100 m journey? That is just taking the piss

As someone who claims expenses from work nearly every week I can appreciate the ball ache they become but Liam fox really claiming 3pence for a 100 m journey? That is just taking the piss

Beyond that. The piece of paper the claim form was printed on would have been more expensive.

EDIT: Fox is a turd anyway. I was part of a panel that got to question him about Defence before the last election and he swore blind that the SDSR would be driven by a newly defined foreign policy, which would define capability requirements which would define funding.

Inevitably the SDSR was a cost saving exercise and cheap way of cutting spending without losing too many votes.

I was gutted when he got caught trying to open doors for his special friend on the taxpayers account....

Edited by Awol
  • Like 1

Yeah everyone knows the going rate is 2.5 p

Yeah everyone knows the going rate is 2.5 p

2.8p actually ;)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â