The New Condem Government

bickster

That clip doesn't quite do the applause he got justice

And in other news

Shock that Mrs Thatchers name got applause at the Tory Party Conference

He could have made fart noises with his hand under his armpits and got applause from that audience

That clip doesn't quite do the applause he got justice

He talked over it, a lot of the time.  Politicians are trained to stop speaking at any hint of applause, to milk it.  He's not learnt that little trick, or else doesn't want to use it.

More than the applause, did you notice some of the faces in the audience?  Looks of delight, like "Did you hear that?".  It's a comment on the poor quality of political discussion that it's left to a journo to make exciting remarks.  It used to be people like Nye Bevan, Michael Foot, and Neil Kinnock.  But they've all faded into the safe, pastel shades of the post-Mandelson party.

I suppose we could always turn to the Rothermeres for a touch of spice.

For those who can't bear to sit though the tedium that is Question TIme, the Guardian have helpfully provided a clip of the best minute or so - Mehdi Hasan summarising what is wrong with the Mail. Here.

Well tbf he probably could have had longer and finished the job properly had he not constantly interrupted every other speaker and killed the show

Like I said he was pandering to the audience so much last night the WWF want to adopt him as their new logo

No, he didn't interrupt every other speaker.  The Libdem woman interrupted him, and he gave way, though her point was trivial and a diversion.

The two male tories tried the "I'm the Alpha male" lark, and he wasn't having it.  I guess that's what you mean.

And Hasan made the show.  Unmediated, vibrant opinions, delivered with commitment.  Compare and contrast Cooper's very professional, but studied and insincere, performance.

For those who can't bear to sit though the tedium that is Question TIme, the Guardian have helpfully provided a clip of the best minute or so - Mehdi Hasan summarising what is wrong with the Mail. Here.
Well tbf he probably could have had longer and finished the job properly had he not constantly interrupted every other speaker and killed the show Like I said he was pandering to the audience so much last night the WWF want to adopt him as their new logo
No, he didn't interrupt every other speaker. The Libdem woman interrupted him, and he gave way, though her point was trivial and a diversion. The two male tories tried the "I'm the Alpha male" lark, and he wasn't having it. I guess that's what you mean. And Hasan made the show. Unmediated, vibrant opinions, delivered with commitment. Compare and contrast Cooper's very professional, but studied and insincere, performance.
Did you watch the show or just the 1 minute clip you linked to ? Hint if you watched it you would have seen Dimbleby tell him repeatedly not to interrupt Cooper professional ... I give up you were clearly watching a different channel ... but let me guess Shapps was poor , useless , incoherent , waste of space etc ... Remind me what you just asked another poster to take off in the economics thread again Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Well tbf he probably could have had longer and finished the job properly had he not constantly interrupted every other speaker and killed the show

Like I said he was pandering to the audience so much last night the WWF want to adopt him as their new logo

No, he didn't interrupt every other speaker.  The Libdem woman interrupted him, and he gave way, though her point was trivial and a diversion.

The two male tories tried the "I'm the Alpha male" lark, and he wasn't having it.  I guess that's what you mean.

And Hasan made the show.  Unmediated, vibrant opinions, delivered with commitment.  Compare and contrast Cooper's very professional, but studied and insincere, performance.

Yes I agree Hasan was the best thing about the show. Maybe he played to the audience but they were on his side. Dimbleby didn't like it but guess he's a tory himself.

No, he didn't interrupt every other speaker. The Libdem woman interrupted him, and he gave way, though her point was trivial and a diversion.

The two male tories tried the "I'm the Alpha male" lark, and he wasn't having it. I guess that's what you mean.

And Hasan made the show. Unmediated, vibrant opinions, delivered with commitment. Compare and contrast Cooper's very professional, but studied and insincere, performance.

Did you watch the show or just the 1 minute clip you linked to ?

Hint if you watched it you would have seen Dimbleby tell him repeatedly not to interrupt

Cooper professional ... I give up you were clearly watching a different channel ... but let me guess Shapps was poor , useless , incoherent , waste of space etc ... Remind me what you just asked another poster to take off in the economics thread again

Cooper and Shapps were both professional, professional politicians, every sentence carefully considered for soundbites and being on message. Like a pair of sterile parakeets of differing hues, exactly what is wrong with politics today. The Libdem woman less so but as she was the z list politician that was hardly a shock. That left us with Letts who was a dickhead but on a hiding to nothing and Hasan who really did steal the show.

Edit: And Tony is there any need to guess what Peter thought of Shapps? Especially as he didn't actually mention him specifically. That rather is putting words in peoples mouths

• Like 1

Yes I agree Hasan was the best thing about the show. Maybe he played to the audience but they were on his side. Dimbleby didn't like it but guess he's a tory himself.

I suspect he was playing to the audience

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2444637/Mehdi-Hasan-journalist-attacked-Daily-Mail-Question-Time-asked-write-paper.html

What a difference three years makes: How political journalist who attacked the Daily Mail on Question Time once asked if he could write for the paper Mehdi Hasan, who writes for the Huffington Post UK blog, attacked the Daily Mail over the Ralph Miliband controversy on BBC1's Question Time on Thursday.

But the senior political journalist was not always such a passionate opponent of this newspaper.  Indeed, in July 2010, while working at the left-wing New Statesman, Mr Hasan wrote to the Daily Mail editor asking if he could write for the paper.

Here we print extracts of what he said then - and what he said on Question Time on Thursday.article-2444637-1886EBD800000578-548_634

• Like 1

article-2444637-1886EBD800000578-548_634

:crylaugh:

Hasan gets quite a lot of air time on Al Jaz' chairing debates or 'interviewing' guests. He's an utter tool with such an inflated view of his own self importance it's actually difficult to watch.

None of that makes him wrong about the Mail but his blatant hypocrisy is amusing. 

• Like 1

Edit: And Tony is there any need to guess what Peter thought of Shapps? Especially as he didn't actually mention him specifically. That rather is putting words in peoples mouths

The two male tories tried the "I'm the Alpha male" lark, and he wasn't having it. I guess that's what you mean.

I didn't even need the search option for this one :)

The two Tories referred to here are Letts and Shapps are they not

Possibly I've put words in his mouth but posed as a rhetorical question and not without foundation based on his track record within this thread

Journalist wants a job shocker

Sent from my iPhone using VillaTalk

Really !!

I can appreciate you didn't know about his previous comments and have been caught off guard by his blatant hypocrisy but I expected a bit more than oh he needed a job given your stance on this subject and

Personally for the way he played the QT audience on Thursday I hope this article gets more exposure... Bet he wishes he did have the same coaching that politicians get now :)

• Like 1

Posted Image

:crylaugh:

Hasan gets quite a lot of air time on Al Jaz' chairing debates or 'interviewing' guests. He's an utter tool with such an inflated view of his own self importance it's actually difficult to watch.

None of that makes him wrong about the Mail but his blatant hypocrisy is amusing.

I bet the editor of the Mail had a huge grin on his face as he pushed the button ..

I imagine the twitter warriors have tweeted this article all morning and it's going global now ?

• Like 1

I bet the editor of the Mail had a huge grin on his face as he pushed the button ..

I doubt it. He probably had the same look of maniacal glee that I imagine to be on his face whenever he publishes something.

I suppose that could pass for a huge grin in a bad light. :)

Edited by snowychap

I doubt it. He probably had the same look of maniacal glee that I imagine to be on his face whenever he publishes something.

I suppose that could pass for a huge grin in a bad light. :)

I pictured him more like this

Posted Image

Personally I agree with Hasan about The Mail but then I also agree with those calling him a hypocrite. Can't see how either case can be argued otherwise to be honest. Him being a bit of a hypocrite doesn't make him wrong about The Mail.

• Like 1

What a difference three years makes: How political journalist who attacked the Daily Mail on Question Time once asked if he could write for the paper Mehdi Hasan, who writes for the Huffington Post UK blog, attacked the Daily Mail over the Ralph Miliband controversy on BBC1's Question Time on Thursday.

But the senior political journalist was not always such a passionate opponent of this newspaper.  Indeed, in July 2010, while working at the left-wing New Statesman, Mr Hasan wrote to the Daily Mail editor asking if he could write for the paper.

Here we print extracts of what he said then - and what he said on Question Time on Thursday.article-2444637-1886EBD800000578-548_634

Well, there we go.  What he said on QT about the Daily Mail was spot on of course, but that link above shows what that he's just a grandstanding hypocrite along with everybody else remotely connected to politics.  If he'd got the job there, he'd probably be writing similar articles to that which he's now objecting to.  What a tosser.

edited to remove the quote pyramid.

Edited by Risso

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â