The New Condem Government

bickster

so, my local MP is a tory and he has made a major contribution to keeping the local footy club alive

Over the last few months he's worked his little contact book daily and got us in touch with lawyers and barristers that have helped us build a case, take the Welsh FA to the High Court and beat them. This means friends and family get to watch / play / organise football AND the local community and supporter base now own the club and hold the franchise. It couldn't have been a better result and he has been a massive help.

so, my local MP is a tory and he has made a major contribution to keeping the local footy club alive

Over the last few months he's worked his little contact book daily and got us in touch with lawyers and barristers that have helped us build a case, take the Welsh FA to the High Court and beat them. This means friends and family get to watch / play / organise football AND the local community and supporter base now own the club and hold the franchise. It couldn't have been a better result and he has been a massive help.

Reminds me of an episode of 'Yes Minister'

Ah (to Risso).

On a different note, there appears to have been a bit of talk caused by Paxman and his beard which has led (through a number of steps) to the following 'separated at birth':

BRi3VVMCQAAMXLl.jpg

Edited by snowychap

Individually I would guess that many Mp's actually work well and give good service to the community that elected them, unfortunately it's the whole party politics set up that they are tied to that is the problem and seems to get in the way of many of them serving and working for the the nation in a similar way.

Of course we then have the Utter C@&ts that you find across all political parties

Edited by mockingbird_franklin
  • Like 1

My MP is Sadiq Khan.

He tore HMRC a new one on my behalf - So quite like him.

He's not getting my vote.

There's a bigger picture.

(My girlfriend says I sound like a "pompous git").

Well it was Barry Town in court so I'm guessing it's Alun Cairns (Vale of Glamorgan).

winner!

I've got quite a connection with the club and a lot of my social life has revolved around it over the years so it was a big deal.

Cairns has now been made an Honorary Life President of the Club.

in fairness to Cairns, he's the first tory to work out that there are votes in town. Previously they did their sums and realised they could win by pandering to the county set.

Our last Labour MP (Smith) was a sleazeball.

I wrote to mine about the rip off that is airport tax and he wrote back and said as a member of the cabinet he wasn't allowed to go against the government line without resigning and wasn't prepared to do so at this stage as he thought the tax was fair

clearing in the woods .....

I wrote to mine once. Spicer it was - I think the underlying tone of the response was something like, "**** off; I'm due to give up the bother of getting re-elected anon and I hope to be rewarded for my obsequious loyalty by a sinecure covering my large lunch expenses and helipad by way of being annointed Baron Spicer of Cropthorne soonest. Toodles, cockface."

p.s. I may or may not have a prior issue with the aforementioned arrogant piece of turd that is/was Michael Spicer. Wot a rocket polisher.

• Like 1

Voters' confidence in George Osborne and David Cameron's ability to manage Britain's finances has risen sharply in a fresh blow to Labour.

An ICM survey for the Guardian revealed the pair have opened up a massive lead over rivals Ed Miliband and Ed Balls when it comes to running the economy.

It found 40% of voters had confidence in the Tory party on the central issue, a major leap from 28% back in June.

The Labour leader and his shadow chancellor were well behind on 24%

rest of article ....

To be fair that is probably in the context of them or Balls and Miliband. Given a more competent and credible alternative I doubt a higher % of people would prefer Osborne and Cameron in charge of the economy, but that isn't the case, so apparently they do. Really does show how awful people perceive Labour's current leadership to be.

Exactly.  It's about the failure to articulate an alternative - not because there isn't one, but driven by cowardice.

It's self-fulfilling.  The failure to explain an alternative gives credence to the claim (lie) that "there isn't an alternative", which further reduces the political space for dissent.

The two crimes which the Labour Party have committed, and which are unforgivable, are these.  First, fail to explain why the tory party's economics are utterly mad (from most people's point of view, though they do just fine for hedge funds).  Second, retreating in the face of no attack, when they should have pressed home their advantage.

They are running scared of a monster of their own making.  They should be tearing apart this flimsy bunch of ignorant fuckwits, and instead they are poncing about with carefully modulated expressions of concern.

• Like 3

Spicer

He had a shocking reputation. One of my old dear's friends moved in political circles, no one on any side had anything nice to say about him.

Obviously he's a peer now.

Local folklore has it that a bit of Spicer made its way into Alan B'stard.

Edited by Xann

Spicer

He had a shocking reputation. One of my old dear's friends moved in political circles, no one on any side had anything nice to say about him.

Obviously he's a peer now.

Local folklore has it that a bit of Spicer made its way into Alan B'stard.

Sounds spot on.

Edited by snowychap

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â