The New Condem Government

bickster

Who to vote for in 2015?

What an absolutely shocking bunch of fucktards on all sides to be honest.

I guess that comes from a combination of factors:

we are in a relatively stable peaceful prosperous country so for the majority of people there is no need to get active or agitate for serious change

we are largely at the mercy of world events and the economies of far larger players, and we have the education and information to be aware we are not entirely masters of or own destiny

a few hundreds years of practise at forms of democracy and observing others without it have shown us that reasonable and gradual tends to pay off more than revolution

charismatic leaders generally tend to be totally flawed humans

we are too busy not getting sacked to think about wholesale changes to economic systems

so we vote for the fucktards that moo platitudes closest to ours (and have a little tingle of excitement when there is a little riot kicking off that might stick it to the man)

fucktards that moo platitudes closest to ours (and have a little tingle of excitement when there is a little riot kicking off that might stick it to the man)

there isn't an udder choice though is there   .. this had butter not go off on a load of cow puns now

• Like 1

fucktards that moo platitudes closest to ours (and have a little tingle of excitement when there is a little riot kicking off that might stick it to the man)

there isn't an udder choice though is there   .. this had butter not go off on a load of cow puns now

Tories are full of bullshit

Oh god.  Dairy goes again.

Politicians  are full of bullshit

Fixed.

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 1

Politicians  are full of bullshit

Fixed...

Especially the ones affiliated with MooKIP.

• Like 2

Hey, that's better than the usual stuff you churn out! :)

Ok ... it's just I could have sworn Balls was proposing that we spend our way out of our troubles and that the Government approach was wrong  .... and yet it doesn't appear that any of the countries coming out the other side spent their way out  ???

Now as the economy is most likely going to be the key issue at the next General Election  ... I know he has u-turned on his initial plan but where does that leave Balls ?

Of course the economy has a long way to go  , and growth isn't where it was in 2010  .. but I don't think the labour landslide everyone was expecting in 2015 is a foregone conclusion just yet

"Ahhhh but Labour ....." - did you have a good holiday?

You see Tony, the simplification of your argument sort of defeats any real credibility when you look at it

Ok ... it's just I could have sworn Balls was proposing that we spend our way out of our troubles and that the Government approach was wrong  .... and yet it doesn't appear that any of the countries coming out the other side spent their way out  ???

Now as the economy is most likely going to be the key issue at the next General Election  ... I know he has u-turned on his initial plan but where does that leave Balls ?

Of course the economy has a long way to go  , and growth isn't where it was in 2010  .. but I don't think the labour landslide everyone was expecting in 2015 is a foregone conclusion just yet

If you are going to make nonsensical arguments like this, why did you not include countries like Spain, Ireland, Italy etc . Also can you show the facts behind your "headline" here re Labour and "spend" - I certainly remember many comments about targetted cuts (including manifesto's) - it would be good to see your evidence of Labour's abndonment of those with a policy declaration of spend only as you are saying.

You see Tony the reality of your attempts here to make out the figures to be some sort of vindication for the complete mess that Osborne has resided over is that various factors and considerations are seemingly totally missed by you and fellow tory trumpeters

As the Grud commented yesterday for all the so called good news on the economy the reality is that it's not as good as it should have been.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/economics-blog/2013/jul/25/uk-economic-growth-good-unspectacular

Also you contradict yourself somewhat with a lack of consideration for factors such as world conditions in the economic markets. The fact that you mention markets like America, one that the world depends on, are we now to completely ignore these?

With this so called wonder recovery that you are shouting about, I wonder how you reconcile that with facts like record levels of people in the UK depending on food banks etc? What about record levels of youth unemployment? etc etc . Maybe the bigger picture not ones that just favour certain individual groups should be a better criteria?

With this so called wonder recovery that you are shouting about,

Of course the economy has a long way to go , and growth isn't where it was in 2010 .. but I don't think the labour landslide everyone was expecting in 2015 is a foregone conclusion just yet

The US and German economies have recovered to their pre-crisis levels.

France is also near that point I believe

Interesting that we havent recovered as well as those 3 mentioned

Did they all adopt the same method ... I.e austerity cuts ? Or did they try and spend their way out of it ?

Could you point out in my post quoted where i talked about any wonder recovery ??

It's true I've also mentioned that we didnt enter the triple dip recession that you and Peter continually said we had entered , and indeed that we didnt even double dip

But I've never referred to any wonder recovery

Edited by tonyh29

You continue to use the so called lack of double dip and triple dip as though things never happened. While the world widely reported both as happening - only to see "adjusted" figures make it avoided later on, you never even acknowledge how close these things were, instead trying to put across that things are much better, when reality still continues to show quite a poor performance from the economy something that Osborne and co are directly impacting.

Again a further example you mention Germany with no reference to differences, nor any other country where austerity measures clearly are not working - why is that?

Tony you may be the happies person in the world re Osborne, and I saw the impact of the North South divide again so clearly you in the south are not experiencing first hand the issues that the rest of the country are having, but why not comment on things like record youth unemployment, record number wanting foodbank help etc - or is it we can only talk about media spin headlines - sound bite politics is seemingly alive and got a receptive audience 

http://blogs.channel4.com/michael-crick-on-politics/archer-ashcroft-coulson-now-lynton-crosby-notice-a-pattern/2833

Archer, Ashcroft, Coulson – now Lynton Crosby. Notice a pattern?

In each case the Conservative leadership was keen, even desperate, to enlist their help. In each case wiser heads urged caution. And in each case the story came back to bite the party badly.

The Archer case was one where I was personally involved.

Back in 1998 and 1999 the then Conservative leader William Hague was looking for a dynamic, big-name figure to became the party’s standard-bearer in the first election for London mayor.

I had previously written an investigative biography of Archer and knew masses about his past. For the Conservatives to pick Archer was bound to end in tears, I felt, since there were so many scandals yet to come out.

25_hague_cam_r1.jpg

So I wrote to Hague and warned him that I could think of at least six stories about Archer which would be hugely damaging. I got no reply. Instead, somebody in Hague’s office actually leaked the letter to Archer himself.

And Hague, instead of doing the sensible thing and hauling Archer in and demanding he come clean about the whole of his past life, merrily went ahead and endorsed Archer as the Conservative candidate.

He even expressed the view, in an interview with Channel 4 News, that Archer was a candidate of “probity and integrity”.

Weeks later, when the News of the World exposed Archer’s perjury during his 1986 libel trial he was forced to step down as candidate.

Eighteen months later the novelist was jailed for four years. The lesson: if someone is obviously, dodgy don’t touch them. If you insist, at least give them a good grilling first.

Grossly negligent

Hague later admitted Archer was the biggest mistake of his leadership, but there was a similar one – Michael Ashcroft.

So desperate was the Conservative party to receive Ashcroft’s millions in donations and loans, that Hague happily nominated him for a peerage, yet he and his colleagues were grossly negligent in failing to ask the obvious questions about Ashcroft’s tax status.

It was another decade, long after Ashcroft had entered the Lords, that the truth was revealed, and it came out that he hadn’t been paying British income tax on his non-UK earnings in all that time. The lessons mounted and became ever more glaring.

Labour riding high

In the summer of 2007 the Conservatives were again in desperate mood. Gordon Brown had just become prime minister, and though it’s hard to recall now, Labour was riding high.

People even spoke of Brown being a Mandela figure who “transcended” party politics. It was rubbish, of course, but in 2007 the Conservatives were despair about ever winning an election again.

So George Osborne came up with a wheeze: the Tories’ answer to Alastair Campbell, the former editor of the News of the World, Andy Coulson.

Why was Coulson a former editor? Because the royal correspondent on his paper, Clive Goodman, along with a man called Glenn Mulcaire, were jailed for hacking people’s phones, including members of the royal family.

Coulson denied any knowledge of what had happened, and so keen was Cameron to employ his services – a man with the common touch – that the Tory didn’t ask any tough questions. Another accident waiting to happen.

Mr Coulson is now awaiting two very separate trials, charged with phone-hacking in England, and perjury in Scotland.

Similar features

Nobody suggests Lynton Crosby has ever committed any crime. I’m sure he hasn’t, but there are similar features in his case, too.

Last year, the Conservatives were again fretting about their poll figures, and ever more anxious about the drift of support to Ukip.

Tory MPs again despaired of winning the next election. Boris Johnson urged the Tory high command to “break the piggy bank” to hire Lynton Crosby.

Here was a man, it was said, who like Andy Coulson before him, had the magic touch – the knack of understanding how ordinary voters feel.

So they did hire Crosby. But again it’s clear Cameron failed to ask the right questions, or any questions.

Conflicts of interest?

Above all, as the contract was drawn up with Crosby’s firm (not just Crosby himself) to work for the party, he didn’t ask Crosby who his other clients were.

He didn’t explore all the possible conflicts of interest. And it’s quite clear from this week’s rapidly composed “principles of engagement”, that nobody thought of drawing up such rules at the time Crosby and his firm were recruited.

And until the Crosby client list is published, or the unlikely event that Crosby’s firm ditches all its other clients, the story will keep running.

In all four cases the potential for trouble was obvious. In all four cases the Tory leader – Hague or Cameron – failed to conduct proper due diligence, and failed to ask the obvious tough questions. Hire them at all costs was the approach.

In all four cases those who expressed reservations were merely dismissed as troublemakers who didn’t have the party’s best interests at heart. And so in each case the accident happened.

Dubious characters

It’s a phenomenon not confined to the Conservatives, of course. Nick Clegg failed to ask the right questions when stories first emerged about sexual harrassment by his party’s great election wizard Chris Rennard.

Before him, Charles Kennedy failed to do proper checks when fraudster Michael Brown offered the impoverished Lib Dems £2.5m just before the 2005 election.

Harold Wilson consorted with all sorts of plainly dodgy characters, and Neil Kinnock was happy for support from the obvious crook Robert Maxwell.

And I can think of several others in current politics who are highly dubious characters likely to come unstuck. Two are pretty important members of the Cameron team.

The last bits are interesting - as the election gets closer the "nasty" political stance will certainly happen as the Tory party especially tries to cling on to any sort of power

:-)

I see that very nice man (not) Farage is going to speak to the Tory party

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/jul/27/nigel-farage-address-bruge-group

Oh dear oh dear oh dear - of course we all know the two parties are nothing like each other ........

I seem to recall you getting most upset when it was pointed out that Labour voters were defecting to the BNP as the voters felt the parties were alike :)

Oh dear oh dear oh dear - of course we all know the two parties are nothing like each other ........

I seem to recall you getting most upset when it was pointed out that Labour voters were defecting to the BNP as the voters felt the parties were alike :)

:wave: Hello "ahh but Labour"

• Like 1

I think you're really overlooking the fact that one lot are Blue and the other are Yellow and Purple.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â