Jez

Who would drop out of arsenals mid for vidal? Cant see it happening they have so many mids

I would go for Vidal-Ramsey-Cazorla

Cocquelin and Wilshere as reserves on the bench.

Looking at Arsenal Mania forum and it's incredible how many of them don't rate Cazorla that highly...bloke had a brilliant 2nd half of the season playing centrally.

Who would drop out of arsenals mid for vidal? Cant see it happening they have so many mids

Looking at Arsenal Mania forum and it's incredible how many of them don't rate Cazorla that highly...bloke had a brilliant 2nd half of the season playing centrally.

i speak to pretty knowledgeable arsenal fans quite often. And they think that forum is bunch of casual-fan "retards" sooooo... 

they prob just think of cazorla centrally before coq was there. Having a player to just basically sit (and boss so many games) and allow cazorla do his magic really showed. For cazorla to keep ramsay out from being a b2b and being shoved out wide really shows how good cazorla was in 2nd half

Edited by gharperr

is this another arsenal player whos underrated? Ramsay defensive cover is so so good. Way better than most people realise. (just comparing 2013-2014 season as last season was a little bit dodgy for him in terms of injuries).  He has that "bite" that people dont realise

2f6d28dbaac5db21bca9525f72b4d025.png

96c0e562cbfbed84ced46f43148bedbc.png

Honestly do not think hes the difference between title/nontitle what so ever. Hes will obviously still be a fine addition to the team but difference between title/nontitle. pfft :) 

edit: prob should have just showed this one ( dont think you can say hes much better )

1189725d9b1f0d24a008cd27f88a2c7a.png

Nice graphs, genuinely. But what makes you think Vidal would be replacing Ramsey? That's before we get into the "more to the game than stats" argument!

Arsenal always get tonnes of injuries during seasons aswell....yes they have Ramsey, Wilshere, Coquelin, Cazorla but after that it gets sparse as Arteta and Flamini are pretty much finished at premier league level now and Arteta was injured for half of last season aswell.

Vidal deserves better fans than the plastic lot who support Arsenal. To be honest, he deserves to be in a better team as well.

better team than Champions League runners up who have also won 4 league titles in a row 

• Like 1

Nice graphs, genuinely. But what makes you think Vidal would be replacing Ramsey? That's before we get into the "more to the game than stats" argument!

because where are they going to play him? hes a b2b midfielder. Arsenal will pretty much always play 4-2-3-1. The difference between title/nontitle for arsenal is going to be how well they do against top 6 teams. Which pretty much means coquelin (or whoever replaces him) is a gtd starter 100% of the time. which leaves one slot left for a b2b player which will be ramsay/vidal. They are not going to play 451 with 2 b2b players and 1 holding as giroud becomes much more ineffective without having someone in CAM role closer to him (meh i guess you could shove ozil on the left and allow the legs of the 3 to cover for him being out of position due to drifiting inside all the time, but wenger is just in love with 4231 atm, and that 451 becomes incredibly narrow when sanchez likes to drift/roam all the time).

Urgh, stat attack. 

people who ignore stats are just as dumb as those who only use stats. Especially when the stats show that one isnt a "much better player" and one having more bite., theyre both nearly as influential as each other and will not be the difference between title/nontitle like you suggest   Also if you take the standard of italian league vs english league... (but thats up for another debate). Theyre both legit awesome b2b midfielders 

Also you might want to start taking stats a bit more serious if you want to get into DFS next season as that will be only way youll be making money :P

edit: like i think the only way you can say its difference between title/nontitle is if the difference over the season as for why arsenal dont win the league..is because ramsay isnt able to play in top 6 matches due to burnout/injuries so an equal (or slightly better player) is needed to help fill or vise versa . Which i dont think is the area that arsenal need to change/add depth to beat the top 6. it will give them a little bit extra equity in winning...but not as significant as some other positions

Edited by gharperr

Arsenal need a player who puts a bit of fear in the opposition and Vidal is a player like that. They need grit and fight to push them on, Vidal is a leader by example and he would give a big lift to what would be perceived as a slightly soft team.

But it looks like bullshit. Well it's certainly bullshit for 21 million.

The area that they need to actually improve on (defensive mid) should be providing that, like a matic. If theyre going to improve on the positions that they need to improve on and still have money for vidal? Go for it. excellent signing.

but at the moment:

CB (tbh , i have no idea if the new guy is good enough, he may be, hes just barely played for them so i dont know. just cant have Per.Mert starting anymore)
DCM (Coq has been awesome, like so good, but whether hes going to keep up this consistency i do not know and samplesize issues as to whether or not hes worth the risk)
RB (bellerin looked a very good prospect, but hes a prospect. dont know whats happening with debauchy) 
ST (genuine world class striker who can do what giroud does but give a little bit more drive going forward, basically the next saurez/aguero. Not benteke before you guys mention him because he cant match giroud/saurez/aguero in link up :) )
RW (depending whats happening with walcott contract )

is all ahead of vidal atm imo and will provide greater title equity shifts than him, (well, maybe not RB) .

edit: ill shut up about arsenal now xD

Edited by gharperr

Vidal to Arsenal...

Not true. 

Its pretty much being reported everywhere now

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/everything-youve-read-about-arturo-vidal-to-arsenal-over-past-24-hours-have-been-a-lie-tweets/?

"Everything you’ve read about Arturo Vidal’s proposed move to Arsenal over the last 24 hours has been completely false." 

It all started from one guy on twitter and completely took off. 

I thought Ramsey has played a fair bit in the advanced 3 of their 4-2-3-1 gharperr, unless I'm going insane? He definitely has the ability and the athleticism anyway.

You could have Vidal and Wilshere behind Ramsey, Sanchez and Cazorla/Ozil, all interchangeable. Shame it's bollocks, would be nice to see them actually compete.

Ramsey was getting shoehorned for final third of season at a sort of left sided midfield, obviously not his position as previous year he was excellent centrally and was scoring a hatful of goals.

He always seems to get a bad injury once a season that disrupts him but more to come from him certainly, he's far more advance than Wilshere is at this moment in time.

Man United put in 28m bid for Sergio Ramos.

What's the view of this forum, do people highly rate him? I don't think it's a stellar era for centre halfs at all and Ramos does have his walkabout games but he has a winners mentality and been there done it mindset which is what United badly need at the back I think.

because where are they going to play him? hes a b2b midfielder. Arsenal will pretty much always play 4-2-3-1. The difference between title/nontitle for arsenal is going to be how well they do against top 6 teams. Which pretty much means coquelin (or whoever replaces him) is a gtd starter 100% of the time. which leaves one slot left for a b2b player which will be ramsay/vidal. They are not going to play 451 with 2 b2b players and 1 holding as giroud becomes much more ineffective without having someone in CAM role closer to him (meh i guess you could shove ozil on the left and allow the legs of the 3 to cover for him being out of position due to drifiting inside all the time, but wenger is just in love with 4231 atm, and that 451 becomes incredibly narrow when sanchez likes to drift/roam all the time).

Urgh, stat attack. 

people who ignore stats are just as dumb as those who only use stats. Especially when the stats show that one isnt a "much better player" and one having more bite., theyre both nearly as influential as each other and will not be the difference between title/nontitle like you suggest   Also if you take the standard of italian league vs english league... (but thats up for another debate). Theyre both legit awesome b2b midfielders 

Also you might want to start taking stats a bit more serious if you want to get into DFS next season as that will be only way youll be making money :P

edit: like i think the only way you can say its difference between title/nontitle is if the difference over the season as for why arsenal dont win the league..is because ramsay isnt able to play in top 6 matches due to burnout/injuries so an equal (or slightly better player) is needed to help fill or vise versa . Which i dont think is the area that arsenal need to change/add depth to beat the top 6. it will give them a little bit extra equity in winning...but not as significant as some other positions

Wow bro, i was joking..

I'm in Sicily right now and on Gazetta TV they are talking about Pogba going to Barcelona... I think...

Also - they don't subtitle English language films here, they dub them, all of them. It's mental.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Man United put in 28m bid for Sergio Ramos.

What's the view of this forum, do people highly rate him? I don't think it's a stellar era for centre halfs at all and Ramos does have his walkabout games but he has a winners mentality and been there done it mindset which is what United badly need at the back I think.

Not many better in world football

Ramos really is brilliant and I think a lot of people have doubts as he was a liability when he was younger and as at Real Madrid its lot more noticeable. He isnt even 30 yet which is a good age for a centre half and has played 600 competitive games

though I give it 3 seasons before he breaks the red card record ;)