Jez

Saw this on another forum. dont know where it was linked from but... 

Inter will be due €11m from Sunderland for Ricardo Alvarez after the Black Cats secured Premier League safety.

The midfielder was loaned to Wearside this summer, with the Nerazzurri including a clause obliging the English side to buy the player if they avoided relegation.

Following a 0-0 draw with Arsenal last night, Sunderland will now be required to pay out the €11m, with €1m deducted having already been paid for the initial loan.

The 27-year-old has made just five Premier League starts since his loan move, but did score in an FA Cup win over Fulham.

their transfer policy has been tragic. i have no idea who he is

Yep, literally never heard of him. Bizarre. 

• 2 weeks later...

Fuchs to Leicester. Good signing for them. Pearson moving early in the market.

They tried to sign him and his brother but were told by the selling club they couldn't give 2 Fuchs.
  • Like 1

Isn't it a bit weird how nearly all of the transfers so far have involved Austrians? Fuchs, Wimmer, Prodl and of course Weimann leaving. 

When was the last Premier League transfer involving an Austrian before this window?

Isn't it a bit weird how nearly all of the transfers so far have involved Austrians? Fuchs, Wimmer, Prodl and of course Weimann leaving. 

next up Alaba to Villa ;)

When was the last Premier League transfer involving an Austrian before this window?

They have a good generation tbf, Alaba at Bayern Munich of course who's a cracking player.

Pretty much qualified for euro 2016 already.

Luke Steele plays in goal for Panathiankos now.

When I was growing up they were regulars in the CL, played Man. United and Arsenal a few times I think. Didn't they get relegated a few years back or am I thinking of another major Greek team?

Luke Steele plays in goal for Panathiankos now.

When I was growing up they were regulars in the CL, played Man. United and Arsenal a few times I think. Didn't they get relegated a few years back or am I thinking of another major Greek team?

AEK Athens that was I think.