Jez

Arsenal granted a work permit for Gabriel Paulista,makes a mockery of greg dyke saying these work permits would stop being given out to those who dont meet the criteria.

And he looks like a corpse.

183954.jpg

He may or may not meet the criteria but he's better than a lot of dross that comes over that from the eu... He really is a top defender. He's coming over from La Liga, he plays for a club who have a great defence. I don't see why he shouldn't have got a permit.

I dont have a problem with him getting a work permit, I was just saying how it makes a mockery of Greg dykes plan of getting more English players playing first team football with the aim of winning the world cup in 2022 by not allowing those who don't meet the existing criteria work permits

That player Leicester signed also did meet the criteria, he also got through in this window.

Yes I guess its very tough for Paulista to meet the current criteria because standards are so high in his home country and he would easily meet the criteria of most other Countries. I think its all wrong because if you play regularly for a top team in La Liga that should be sufficent, whether you have played 75% of the games for your Country or not. The problem is all these cheap imports from Europe who add nothing to our game, like Tonev. Of course theres nothing they can do about that. 

Ravel Morrison to Lazio will be one of the more shocking signings of this window if it happens.

His Instagram account suggests it has happened and he'll wear #4. Lazio do seem to like their Englishmen with a side order of crazy.

why? He is a frighteningly talented player but he is also an idiot

You answered the question

well clubs are going to see these players and think they can get best out of them sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. Look at Balotelli and to a lesser extent Stephen Ireland. teams will always go for them to see if can turn them around

Yes I guess its very tough for Paulista to meet the current criteria because standards are so high in his home country and he would easily meet the criteria of most other Countries.

Gabriel. His name is Gabriel Armando de Abreu

Paulista isn't a surname, it just signifies the city in which he was born.

[\pedantry]

giovinco - toronto

destro - milan (loan)

doumbia - roma

emanuelson - atalanta

shola ameobi - crystal palace

bocchetti - milan (loan)

cheyrou - toronto

cork - swansea

olic - hamburg

yanga mbiwa - roma

pape souare - crystal palace