Jez

And yet ... I think a Long/Jelavic partnership is very good on paper. Long doing the running around and Jelavic being more of a natural finisher. Maybe similar to the dynamic (if not the quality) that Keane & Berbatov had at Spurs.

Anybody see this very odd transfer story?

Ji Dong-won joined Augsburg for an undisclosed fee yesterday (January 16th). Ji Dong-won has now been signed by Dortmund, from Augsburg, on a pre-contract free transfer today (January 17th). He won't join up with Dortmund till the Summer so he'll see out the rest of the season with Augsburg.

http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2014/january/ji-joins-augsburg

http://www.bvb.de/eng/News/Overview/BVB-sign-Dong-Won-Ji

The Dortmund OS says he is only on loan at Augsburg, but Sunderland announced that they actually sold him permanently for an undisclosed fee. I can only assume that he signed a 6-month deal at Augsburg. Weird.

Edited by samjp26

Shane long had 18 months left on his deal, 6months + 1 year option in favour of the club, so £5.5million is about right for the short arsed irritating gobshite.

Ji did very well on loan at Augsburg last year, Dortmund obviously saw something in him then, and klopp gets the best out of players others don't want.

On wba, no money for the new manager despite the long cash, overspent in summer and peace in balancing the books now apparently

maybe but for me I dont think Jelavic is a big improvement on Danny Graham who they have at moment. Long for all his movement and workrate is not prolific enough plus had 6 months left of contract.

West Brom and Everton have made a steal here

I dont think there is a striker in the division that would not be a step up from Graham!

maybe but for me I dont think Jelavic is a big improvement on Danny Graham who they have at moment. Long for all his movement and workrate is not prolific enough plus had 6 months left of contract.

West Brom and Everton have made a steal here

I dont think there is a striker in the division that would not be a step up from Graham!

Bowery?

Now I haven`t followed hull that closely, and I didn`t know they played two at the top. It`s just that they brought in two strikers who will require lots of playing time and they shipped no one out as far as I know. Anyway...

Chelsea selling De Bruyne to Wolfsburg is really doing my head in, how can any team actually do such a thing...well I guess they can but it`s madness. Not sure anyone posted it but I saw they were after Zouma as well, the cb every fifa player loves. He actually said in an interview if that chelsea wanted him that he would go straight away.  Mourinho is the best coach in the world and bla bla bla. It`s quite sad how much money blinds literally every player