Jez

I've no idea but would guess it was a similar amount. Fact is, he was a massive flop yet has managed to secure himself £4m each year for the next 6 years, plus sponsorship, and image rights, and merchandise.....

Seemingly Man United have just pulled Valencia's #7 shirt from their megastore. So either he's gone or there's someone coming in who wants #7. Either way, there's a doin's a transpirin'.

I'd say you're right. After seeing Neymar go to Barca, Real fans would not stand idly by and watch Ronaldo leaving. If I was a Spurs fan I'd be hoping Ronnie stays put.

With the calibre of player RM are used to signing, I don't see Bale really getting the fans excited. He's not that marketable either is he really, he was very good for Spurs at the end of the season... but for me, not a top top player (could be in the future). Talk of £85m is just stupid media talk.

Edited by Tamuff_Villa

West Ham will finish mid-table like any other side under Allardyce, Carroll will score between 10-12 league goals and be back in the England reckoning with fans and pundits stating he's something different that foreign defenders don't like, somehow find himself at the World Cup, while Allardyce stays in his job until around January/February 2015 when he's 13th ish with West Ham with no sign of progress and still shit football and they look to 'change direction'

there you go.

I'll agree with all that except I think Carroll will get under 10 goals ... he will still go to the World Cup however (if we get there!) due to our staggering lack of talent in his position.

I also think West Ham will come to hugely regret the size and length of this contract. Just thinking of the problems we've had with players on big money this deal sends a shudder down my spine.

And I don't even give a f*** about the spammers

Edited by villaglint

On that England striker discussion. If Gabby continues his form from the 2nd half of last season and Villa go any way towards fulfilling their young potential then he might be an outside bet to be on the plane to Brazil because he too has something different from the rest. That's my left-field prediction.

I cant imagine Ronaldo wanting to go and work under Moyes to be honest. If SAF was still there i'd have given the idea of Ronaldo back to United a chance. But not now. More likely to be Bale IMO. Good replacement for Giggs. 

On that England striker discussion. If Gabby continues his form from the 2nd half of last season and Villa go any way towards fulfilling their young potential then he might be an outside bet to be on the plane to Brazil because he too has something different from the rest. That's my left-field prediction.

if gabby couldnt get in the last squad then he wont get in any future ones IMO

despite being in brilliant form he was kept out by the hardly ever playing ox, the 6 week out injured defoe, the one goal welbeck and the missed half a season carroll, even when 3 strikers dropped out they still didnt ask him to join up

Under Woy? Unlikely.

I can certainly see Levy selling. It's more doubtful United would pay the asking price but it's not out of the question. They are trying to make Moyes' life a bit easier and a marquee signing would help with that while weakening a (kind of) rival although that last bit is neither here nor there. Just remember Spurs' stadium. That is about to make a balls of them :D

Are Arsenal likely to break their wage ceiling which has been holding them back? Wenger seems too thrifty to start throwing money around. I think it's a matter of ideology for him.

Wenger isn't that thrifty, just that they wouldn't offer top top wages... They still had the likes of diaby, denilson etc on around £50k.. The wage bill there is ridiculously high

i think the problem with thiago might be that the guy himself doesnt yet think his barca career is over, yes he's been moaning about how many minutes he gets but after the U21s does he now think he'll get a chance? i dont think he'll want to move