bittencourt - hannover

kadlec - fenerbahce

chedjou - galatasaray

fernando - shakhtar

leitner - stuttgart (loan i think)

clemens - schalke

glushakov - spartak

cuadrado - fiorentina

surpirsed dortmund have let leitner, bittencourt and gotze all go in one summer, leaves them a bit thin in midfield (isnt kehl's contract up this summer too?)

Edited by villa4europe

I can't comprehend that Andy Carroll got a pay rise. West ham aren't exactly known for splashing the cash, I don't know why they blew so much on him.

Insanity.

I agree. They could've gotten a really good striker with all that money.

I can't comprehend that Andy Carroll got a pay rise. West ham aren't exactly known for splashing the cash, I don't know why they blew so much on him.

Insanity.

I agree. They could've gotten a really good striker with all that money.

Theyre not short of a few bob after being given a tax payer funded stadium for gratis and can now sell off the boleyn for a **** ton of money.

joaquin - fiorentina

bittencourt - hannover

kadlec - fenerbahce

chedjou - galatasaray

fernando - shakhtar

leitner - stuttgart (loan i think)

clemens - schalke

glushakov - spartak

cuadrado - fiorentina

surpirsed dortmund have let leitner, bittencourt and gotze all go in one summer, leaves them a bit thin in midfield (isnt kehl's contract up this summer too?)

Leitner's extended his contract until 2017, but has also been loaned out to Stuttgart for the next couple of seasons.  He still features in BVB's future plans.  It's possible that Bittencourt will, too, as they have a buy-back option on him, but (as you'd expect) neither club has revealed the conditions of the clause.

Kehl's still got another year left, and they also have Şahin for at least another year, providing four options for the two central midfield places when you consider Gündoğan and Bender.  However, I fully expect them to sign a couple of attacking midfield players during the summer, one of whom will probably be Kevin De Bruyne or Christian Eriksen, to bolster their numbers in that area.

Bored at work so trawling twitter is see rumours of Ronald's back to ManU and Higuain to Arsenal. I know twitter is far from a reliable source but are these two rumours substantive?

Higuain to Arsenal has been doing the rounds for a while and; as rumours go; seems to have some weight to it with peripheral rumours like Juve pulling out of the race due to transfer fee etc. By all accounts, with Arsenal's stadium now pretty much paid for, their purse strings are loosened this summer and Wenger has had public and explicit permission to 'go nuts' again.

Ronaldo to United is rumoured to be funded by Nike if it happens. Harder to do purely because of who he is and where he is. Can't really see it happening but you never know.

higuain to arsenal is picking up pace and could happen, ronaldo is agent talk i think, isnt he something like the 9th best paid player in the world? im sure theres a bloke in china on more than him, so the rags will pick it up, say he's close to joining (also linked to monaco) before he signs a huge new deal at madrid

Their stadium payments have held them back. They're done now. Spurs are about to start stadium payments. Arsenal are through that phase. Me thinks over the next few years the gap between Arsenal and Spurs will become the chasm that we're more familiar with.

• Like 1

And don't forget, they are the highest ranked side who haven't changed their manager. It's not impossible that their stability could make them a surprise package. I doubt it myself, but it's possible.

Are Arsenal likely to break their wage ceiling which has been holding them back? Wenger seems too thrifty to start throwing money around. I think it's a matter of ideology for him.

I think if any season will answer that question it'll be this season. We can't really cite precedent with them because they've never really been in this financial position before.

Absolutely crackers that Arsenal have paid off such a huge investment so quickly. If only a fraction of all these rumours come true, there's going to be a huge influx of great players this summer.

Absolutely crackers that Arsenal have paid off such a huge investment so quickly. If only a fraction of all these rumours come true, there's going to be a huge influx of great players this summer.

:blink: I hope Arsenal's new signings have a slow start.

Insanity.

I still haven't got over the fact he was subject of a £35m transfer, now he is getting £80,000 per week on a 6 YEAR contract. My mind is blown. His agent is f**king awesome.