Jez

I agree to an extent. But I think he's given the benefit of the doubt because he's Catalan, i.e. a homegrown hero of sorts.

You are right that he's not under as much pressure in games, which in turn presents a different challenge of concentration. But I still think he's significantly.."less good" than the top keepers playing at the moment.

On that note, I'd be backing De Gea to take over as Spain's number 1 some time soon.

Casillas will be back in the Madrid team now Jose has gone won't he? Won't that automatically mean he resumes as Spain number 1?

No I was talking about who are they going to sign, I'd take Bale over Neymar as well  :P

Talk of them getting Bale too.

They won't get both..

The same Real who signed Ronaldo, Kaka and Alonso in 1 window?

and Benzema

• Like 1

No I was talking about who are they going to sign, I'd take Bale over Neymar as well  :P

Talk of them getting Bale too.

They won't get both..

The same Real who signed Ronaldo, Kaka and Alonso in 1 window?

and Benzema

That is true actually.. 

Maybe they'll have another one of those summers...

Edited by AVFCforever1991

he's also a key component to their success though...

the sweeper keeper

as a keeper i agree he's nothing special but he plays a huge role in the way barca play, would say the same if they went for reina as his replacement, nothing special as a keeper IMO but good with his feet and can push the defensive line way up the pitch

Exactly.

That's what I meant above when I said he's a perfect fit.

If he leaves, I wouldn't be surprised to see Barca buy a keeper completely out of left field. Like Vorm.

I agree to an extent. But I think he's given the benefit of the doubt because he's Catalan, i.e. a homegrown hero of sorts.

You are right that he's not under as much pressure in games, which in turn presents a different challenge of concentration. But I still think he's significantly.."less good" than the top keepers playing at the moment.

On that note, I'd be backing De Gea to take over as Spain's number 1 some time soon.

Casillas will be back in the Madrid team now Jose has gone won't he? Won't that automatically mean he resumes as Spain number 1?

Quite possibly.

But if De Gea gets the nod for the next few games, which I think he should, who's to say he couldn't keep the shirt?

Although yeah, if Casillas goes straight back in at Madrid he'll likely take over again.

the sweeper keeper

as a keeper i agree he's nothing special but he plays a huge role in the way barca play, would say the same if they went for reina as his replacement, nothing special as a keeper IMO but good with his feet and can push the defensive line way up the pitch

Exactly.

If he leaves, I wouldn't be surprised to see Barca buy a keeper completely out of left field. Like Vorm.

maybe Pepe Reina he is good on the ball, linked with Ter Stegen and Zieler recently

the sweeper keeper

Exactly.

maybe Pepe Reina he is good on the ball, linked with Ter Stegen and Zieler recently

I asked a Liverpool-supporting acquaintance of mine once, and he doesn't particularly rate Reina - thinks he's good with his long-ball distribution, but poor at short passing. As a result I'm not entirely sure he would do great at Barcelona.

Seems Monaco have bought Moutinho and Rodriguez from Porto for €60m. Don't think it's confirmed yet but seems to be a done deal. But the interesting bit is that Moutinho had a sell on clause from his transfer from Lisbon. So to avoid that, Porto have officially sold Rodriguez for €59m and Moutinho for €1m Cheeky

I'd say that could be challenged under 'taking the piss'. I couldn't sell you a house for a fiver if I was of a mind to.

Monaco linked with a Premier league club captain now

Can't think who fits the bill though

Edited by tonyh29

Seems Monaco have bought Moutinho and Rodriguez from Porto for €60m. Don't think it's confirmed yet but seems to be a done deal. But the interesting bit is that Moutinho had a sell on clause from his transfer from Lisbon. So to avoid that, Porto have officially sold Rodriguez for €59m and Moutinho for €1m Cheeky

I'd say that could be challenged under 'taking the piss'. I couldn't sell you a house for a fiver if I was of a mind to.

Former Monaco man Patrice Evra?

Kompany?

Am I the only one who thinks the Reina to Barcelona rumours are downright silly? Have Barcelona watched him in the last couple of years because... Reina kind of sucks. Then again, I laughed my head off at the Alex Song to Barcelona rumour and that one turned out to be true.

Evra, Terry, Kompany?

Ron Vlaar £15m done!

Monaco getting the same abuse PSG suffered last season for buying expensive talent, "why would anyone like Thiago Silva go to a league like that" blah blah, get the feeling Ligue 1 will be like a lesser version of the PL soon, they might even get their co-efficient back up soon and have a "4-way" with Monaco, PSG, Lyon and Marseille. With some of the others occasionally trying to break in.

Obviously this related to the Rodriguez and Moutinho to Monaco. Wouldn't surprise me if they went for Kompany, whether he'd go is another matter.