Jez

Victor Valdes to quit Barcelona

The Independent Thursday 17th January, 2013

The goalkeeper's representatives tonight informed the club that the player had made up his mind not to extend his current deal, which runs out in 2014. Barcelona directors were stunned the 30-year-old, who has been in the first team for a decade, did not even want to hear the club's offer. Valdes said several weeks ago he wanted to experience playing football in other countries before he retired.

So, where is he going? Man City? Replacement for Cech? Joining Pep at Bayern?

Edited by Tamuff_Villa

he is a better keeper but doesnt look interested at Liverpool at the moment though wouldnt be surprised if Barca go for De Gea.

Find it funny that as crap as we are both our keepers would get into Barcelona team, Valdes is that bad

Wonder who Southampton are going to sign now that they have sacked Adkins. Very weird decision for me that one. Shame they couldn't do it before our game.

Mauricio Pochetino to take over. Terrible move by the saints but a great move for us, hopefully this new manager will take them down.

I don't think Valdes is a bad keeper, his mistakes have been drastically reduced.

He's an important part of the Barcelona possession football.

Reina would be a realistic option.

I don't think Chelsea would sell Courtois to them though.

Maybe Cech and then they'd recall him as first choice.