Jez

If we did try to do what QPR are doing and still didn't survive the drop people would be moaning at Randy for not keeping the wage structure under control, as it would be a disaster for this football club.

A criticism made of Randy is that in the MON years he didn't take care of the wage bill which has lead to our demise. Well, now he is looking after the wage bill so this football club can be self sufficient, and people want him to now do what QPR are doing? It's a lose lose situation for Randy it seems.

Looks like Graham to Sunderland too.

I don't want him to do what QPR are doing exactly but i also don't want to continue signing lower league players for cheap amounts.

No one is asking for the wage bill to once again reach ridiculous limits we want the current manager to be backed more than he has.

In the short-term. It isn't sustainable at that club and they will blow up sooner rather than later.

I couldn't care less about what might happen to them in a few years. However right now their spending and managerial change could well see them survive while we drop down.

We can all laugh at the situation QPR may find themselves in but if they stay up and we don't then it's worked.

And if it doesn't then it seriously jeopardises the club financially.

Huge risk.

Much like ploughing lots of money in a bid to get Champions League Football. If you reach the champions league then it's worked. If not, then the club suffers financially for the next few years at least.

Remind me again what you're opinion on that is?

• Like 1

Huge risk.

Much like ploughing lots of money in a bid to get Champions League Football. If you reach the champions league then it's worked. If not, then the club suffers financially for the next few years at least.

I don't think it's that difficult to understand.

I'm not supporting QPR's approach. I have no idea about their plans or what they intend to do. We can all assume they'll **** it up like Lerner but who knows.

My point is it doesn't matter to me what is going to happen to them long term. If they stay up and we go down its not going to matter is it if we're in the championship and QPR are in financial trouble next year?

All I'm worried about is our survival this year. What QPR are doing is going to make that harder IMO.

I don't want him to do what QPR are doing exactly but i also don't want to continue signing lower league players for cheap amounts.

No one is asking for the wage bill to once again reach ridiculous limits we want the current manager to be backed more than he has.

So you don't mind who we sign as long as they come from a league you deem to be on a par with the PL and even then only if they're expensive or sorry to be fair..... "not cheap" to

Right. So talent, potential, ability etc are secondary considerations?

You are Martin O'Neil, and I claim my £50k a week.

So you don't mind who we sign as long as they come from a league you deem to be on a par with the PL and even then only if they're expensive or sorry to be fair..... "not cheap" to

Right. So talent, potential, ability etc are secondary considerations?

You are Martin O'Neil, and I claim my £50k a week.

Yes clearly that's what I've said.

Thanks for reading.

Huge risk.

You wouldn't be saying this if it were us signing them. You'd just be excited and posting on the main page like everyone else who supports the club.

This line of thought is what fans of clubs who don't sign good players say to themselves to make themselves feel better.

You wouldn't be saying this if it were us signing them. You'd just be excited and posting on the main page like everyone else who supports the club.

This line of thought is what fans of clubs who don't sign good players say to themselves to make themselves feel better.

I didn't express an opinion either way. My point was it was strange that BJ was criticising randys approach in one thread, yet praising QPRs extremely similar approach in this thread.

If that's not what he meant then fair enough

This is the Anelka who had to leave Arsenal because he hated London. :rolleyes:

That comment would be slightly more cutting if the Arsenal thing hadnt happened almost 15 years ago and Anelka hadnt spent five seasons at Chelsea in the meantime. ;)