Jez

Probably realised that his gang of Johnny Come Latelies still can't compete with an established giant, even one going through a rough patch, if said giant wants his player.

Or Spurs won't and don't pay 90k a week to anyone.

Cuz Harry had no idea what Joe would want when he started talking to him.... He knew fine well the general demands that Joe would want and he went for it. Spurs didn't get him and it was nothing to do with wage demands.

Cuz Harry had no idea what Joe would want when he started talking to him.... He knew fine well the general demands that Joe would want and he went for it. Spurs didn't get him and it was nothing to do with wage demands.

I think I disagree BOF.

Chelsea have been very clear about why Cole left Chelsea, not regular football, not length of deal or any kind of falling out simply money.

Sure if it had been Sunderland offering 90k rather than Liverpool I don't think he would have gone but I do think its the money that has taken him to Liverpool over Spurs and Arsenal.

So you think Spurs talked to Joe thinking he'd settle for around £60k? Then we do disagree :) I think it was basically a battle of the ninety granders and the big boys won out.

So you think Spurs talked to Joe thinking he'd settle for around £60k? Then we do disagree :) I think it was basically a battle of the ninety granders and the big boys won out.

Indeed we do. I can't see Spurs offering 90k to be honest and I certainly can't imagine Cole opting to move to Liverpool rather than stay in London if the money on offer was the same.

No way of knowing though really.

How the mighty have fallen, couldn't happen to a nicer guy *snigger*

Hendrie

Aberdeen have confirmed that former Aston Villa midfielder Lee Hendrie has arrived at Pittodrie for signing talks

The 33-year-old has been looking for a new club since leaving Derby at the end of last season.

Hendrie, who earned an England cap during his 12-year stay with Villa, spent the second half of the season on loan at Brighton.

Aberdeen manager Mark McGhee, who played six trialists during weekend friendlies against Fraserburgh and Peterhead, could now make Hendrie his fourth summer signing after Northern Ireland internationals Rory McArdle and Josh Magennis plus goalkeeper Mark Howard.

A statement on the club's official website read: 'English midfielder Lee Hendrie has arrived in Aberdeen today with a view to potentially signing for the Dons.

'It is a chance for Lee to familiarise himself with the Dons and the area and chance for Mark and his coaching staff to have a look at the player

Um, yes! Spurs probably thought staying in London and possible Champions league would lure him but the bigger and longer contract won out.

Um, yes! Spurs probably thought staying in London and possible Champions league would lure him but the bigger and longer contract won out.

I think that Levy wouldn't go the extra money that Joe wanted. 'Arry was on the radio the other day saying that he'd spoken to Joe and hoped that DL could do a deal with him. He said Spuds needed to be matching the other offers he has as nobody would join a club for £20k/w less than they could get elsewhere.

'Arry in trying to get his club to spend more than they want to/can afford? Never. Seems he's finally got a chairman that has common sense and won't be bullied.

Dan Gosling been released by Everton and apparently on his way to Newcastle Thought He looked an exciting prospect when ever seen him play

I'd always thought Gosling looked average. He got the spotlight because he scored a few goals. But they weren't amazing goals. Just right time, right place.

I suppose he does have the knack of scoring though.

Everton haven't even offered him any sort of contract have they?

The news yesterday said they'd be due no compensation because of it.

That would suggest to me that Everton really don't rate the lad, although there may be something else to it that I don't know about?

Everton haven't even offered him any sort of contract have they?

The news yesterday said they'd be due no compensation because of it.

That would suggest to me that Everton really don't rate the lad, although there may be something else to it that I don't know about?

The word on the street (and by street I mean "information superhighway") is that Everton offered him a contract verbally, but due to an administrative oversight failed to submit a written proprosal before Gosling's contract expired and the kid walked. AG has the skinny, but hasn't been overly forthcoming with the nitty gritty details so something even juicier may have transpired in the background.

My guess? Moyes loves boys, but Gosling spurned his advances so they kept him around on a "verbal" agreement for the boss to have one last crack at seducing the kid, and after Moyes was rejected a second time they "lost" Gosling's paperwork. I hear he makes them call him "Uncle Badtouch" during training sessions.

Not for the want of being libelous, the above is pure nonsense fabricated by myself for the purposes of cheap mockery.