Jez

think Everton are a lot worse than us, without Arteta they seemed to struggle and dont think have a player close to his level left. Beckford gone puts a lot of pressure on Saha staying fit and Cahill to score who hasnt scored in league since january.

Royston Drenthe is average and still living off his 2007 Euro under 21 performances

I think Hargreaves going to City lost him a lot of respect from people, myself included. reading his tearful "I'll play for free, I just want to play" plea in the Daily Heil, then all of a sudden, off to a club where he WON'T play, and WILL be paid...
Hargreaves is a perfect example of everything that is wrong with the modern day footballer. Greedy, Lazy and full of shit.

Are you crazy? Hargreaves was released by Manchester United, he was told in May that he would not be getting a new contract. He then offered to play the 2011/12 season for free and was still turned down by Manchester United who didnt want to give him a spot in their 25 man squad.

He then gets offered a contract by a club who are in the Champions League and most likely to be in the title race and he is expected to turn it down due to some kind of loyalty to his former employers who earlier in the summer had made it perfectly clear they think he is finished, just because his former employers dont like his new employers very much?

facepalm.jpg

I've never really seen Bryan Ruiz play apart from when he's played for Costa Rica and that was only the odd game v Uruguay. However due to his reputation I thought he was supposed to be a good player.

Interesting thoughts from someone whose opinion I trust, karlsentk off twitter:-

contender for maddest signing ever: bryan ruiz to fulham for £10 million+. absolutely outrageous. what are fulham thinking?!

ruiz: peaked a couple of seasons ago (under mcclaren), poor last term (in holland, go figure), abysmal for costa rica in the gold cup

ruiz: i wouldn't have signed him regardless, but £10 million (if true) is unreal. the twente chairman = "businessman of the year"

I'll be interested to see how he does, Fulham fans seem to think have a world class player on their hands. I wonder if that will be the case.

I think Hargreaves going to City lost him a lot of respect from people, myself included. reading his tearful "I'll play for free, I just want to play" plea in the Daily Heil, then all of a sudden, off to a club where he WON'T play, and WILL be paid...
Hargreaves is a perfect example of everything that is wrong with the modern day footballer. Greedy, Lazy and full of shit.

Are you crazy? Hargreaves was released by Manchester United, he was told in May that he would not be getting a new contract. He then offered to play the 2011/12 season for free and was still turned down by Manchester United who didnt want to give him a spot in their 25 man squad.

He then gets offered a contract by a club who are in the Champions League and most likely to be in the title race and he is expected to turn it down due to some kind of loyalty to his former employers who earlier in the summer had made it perfectly clear they think he is finished, just because his former employers dont like his new employers very much?

facepalm.jpg

The point is though, he said he wanted to play football, he won't get a game at City as he's no better than what they already have. He would have got a game at Albion but decided not to go there, most probably because they weren't paying as much. I don't ever remember him saying he would play for free at United, I must have missed that quote, if there was one?

So IMO my point stands until proved otherwise and in answer to your question. Yes, I am most probably very crazy indeed :D

Royston Drenthe is average and still living off his 2007 Euro under 21 performances

Yup, agree on that.

From what I've seen of him he's simply rubbish.

Yeah it was 1 or 2 years ago he was voted Real Madrids worst player ever. I guess some people will have short memories, but its not good all the same.

Arsenal signings are at best mediocre

Arteta is injury prone and played best for Everton in a right midfield

Mertesacker might fall apart in Premier League as looked ok at Germany and weak at Werder

Andre Santos is a joke

Benayoun be a good player who i like but major step down on Nasri

Park is another player never really impressed me

Cant say I agree.

Arteta is a very good player. Not up to Fabregas's level obviously but alot cheaper and good value at 10 mill and 60k a week. Not as injury prone as i thought either, still played a good number of games last season. I agree though that they needed someone better than this really to push on and replace Nasri & Fabregas. Harsh to call him mediocre though.

Andre Santos a joke? Better than Clichy for me (although that isnt hard)

Benayoun very good squad filler.

Park is well rated by every South Korean i have spoken to (many say he is there best player and has been playing in an absolutely awfull Monaco team)

Mertesacker is a 6'6 giant and captain of Germany. Isnt that what Arsenals back four has been crying out for? Height and leadership at the back? Him and Vermarleen will be a very good partnership.

And on top of it all they have again turned a hefty profit overall. I would love each and everyone of those players at Villa. Should be enough to keep them in the top 4, cant see them doing any better than that though.

think Everton are a lot worse than us, without Arteta they seemed to struggle and dont think have a player close to his level left. Beckford gone puts a lot of pressure on Saha staying fit and Cahill to score who hasnt scored in league since january.

We had a better win percentage last year when Arteta didn't play than when he did, to be fair.

We have goals in us still and young Ross Barkley is creative force but I'm loathe to put pressure on him.

If anyone can get the best out of players Moyes can so I'm reserving judgment, as I will with the Argie guy who looks like Tevez after being on the rack for a while.

Wouldn't shock me if this has been on the cards for ages, wouldnt be the first time either. He certainly didnt look like a man who "forced" his way out of the club on the video that was put up on Everton TV this morning. In fact he looks like he is close to tears.

Sad to see him go, particularly to another Premier League club but I wish him only good things for the future.

If anyone can get the best out of players Moyes can so I'm reserving judgment, as I will with the Argie guy who looks like Tevez after being on the rack for a while.

this i crucial point about Moyes, if he was to leave i would say Everton are in trouble

facepalm.jpg

The point is though, he said he wanted to play football, he won't get a game at City as he's no better than what they already have. He would have got a game at Albion but decided not to go there, most probably because they weren't paying as much. I don't ever remember him saying he would play for free at United, I must have missed that quote, if there was one?

So IMO my point stands until proved otherwise and in answer to your question. Yes, I am most probably very crazy indeed :D

Where did I say i'd lost respect to him for going to Man City? I read his interview in the paper, and he was all "I just want to play football, give me a chance" is he going to play football at Man City!? De Jong is better, Barry even ARGUABLY is better, and both can stay fit for most of the season.If the likes of Milner can't start in CM, what hope does Hargreaves have? He would have played every game when fit at WBA or us or even Sunderland etc. Wheres that at City? I've no issue with the rival team thing, its the fact he's clearly gone for money after spouting how it was football he craved.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sums me up right now.

Hmm, that was always a potential hazard in choosing your handle. Clearly you aren't going to start supporting Arsenal, yet your name might suggest to others that you do. But if your love for Mikel is strong enough, you should keep the name. He left Everton, not you.

facepalm.jpg

Where did I say i'd lost respect to him for going to Man City? I read his interview in the paper, and he was all "I just want to play football, give me a chance" is he going to play football at Man City!? De Jong is better, Barry even ARGUABLY is better, and both can stay fit for most of the season.If the likes of Milner can't start in CM, what hope does Hargreaves have? He would have played every game when fit at WBA or us or even Sunderland etc. Wheres that at City? I've no issue with the rival team thing, its the fact he's clearly gone for money after spouting how it was football he craved.

A fit Owen Hargreaves would probably get into the City team. He would certainly think he has the ability to get into the team if he can prove his fitness, and with good reason because his pedigree is very good. He is a Champions League winner with two different clubs and England international player of the year. If he genuinely believes he can get fit then he genuinely believes he will play, so perhaps being at a club who are going to be involved in 60 odd games this year is the smart thing to do? I dont blame the lad at all.

My two favourite transfers of the window (apart from Villa's of course!!). Arteta to le arse, great signing. Even better is Meireles to Chelsea. Was it 14 mill? If so, absolute steal, what the eff is Kenny doing letting him go to a rival so cheaply?

Worst signings, Henderson for 20m, N'Gog for 3m (terrible player), Anton Ferdinand isn't worth the million QPR paid for him. Yakubu, shocking, lazy oaf.