Jez

They are heading straight for the top 4, you know.

:|

Cheer up, you sarcy git! :)

The guy is so overrated, can't believe he gets called up for the national team.

Well, that's what tends to happen when you're a young, imposing, goal-scoring defensive midfielder and lynchpin of a title-winning team. Whether he can cut in the Premiership is another thing entirely of course, but £2m will seem like a steal if he makes the step up.

That comparison's not too wide of the mark, though he tends to get forward a hell of a lot more and he's much taller. I'd imagine he'll have to curtail his forays somewhat to avoid markedly improved opposition simply coasting through the middle of the park.

Their wage bill is much smaller than their top 4 rivals. They have a 90k pw wage cap which is lower than Liverpool, Chelsea and the 2 Manchester clubs, they turn a profit selling players and are one of those rare clubs who spend less than they take in yet they still make the top 4 every season.

That is a pretty phenomenal achievement.

Wenger choose to do it this way, mostly because he is exceptional at finding the right talent, and because he struggles when it comes to big money targets. Does his arrogance get in way of the possibility of signing 20M+ players? Yes I think so, as board members have said several times that big money is available for him to spend.

So he is running a very healthy football club..... BUT WHAT IS HE WINNING? NOTHING!!!! Not a single trophy since the extremely lucky FA Cup in 2005 or something. I remember that game; United were tearing them a new one without scoring goals and they won on penalties I think. So this very noble approach yields exactly zero in terms of trophies and their fans are pissed off because of it. So are the board members, and so are the best players who vanish each season just like they do at our club. Noble.. yes, but without trophies it does not matter one bit.

Who are we to criticise only finishing in the Champions League every year?

I think the wage cap is imposed on him by the way. He may have funds to spend on transfer fees but you struggle to attract the real top talant with a 90k pw wage cap (Sneijder is asking for 250k pw!).

Ask any fan of Arsenal - finishing 4th is never good enough for them. For us it is of course, but comparing the two clubs just like that is not worth a penny.

Healthy economics, sure, but an empty trophy cabinet since 2005. Look at Man Utd, a club on the same level sort of. Since 2005 they have 10 trophies or something.

With heavier investment, and Wenger could have invested according to board members, they could have won stuff but he is too arrogant and caught up with his system.

Madjid Bougherra has left Rangers to join Qatar side Lekhwiya . Hes only 28 yet has decided to play out in Qatar. I imagine the money is excellent, and I think he grew up in Algeria so may feel more like home to him, but cant help feel his talent is wasted out there.

Former Aston Villa midfielder Isaiah Osbourne is in Edinburgh for signing talks with Hibernian.

The Scottish Premier League club hope to sign the 23-year-old free agent in time to face Kilmarnock on Saturday.

Osbourne, who had loan spells with Nottingham Forest, Middlesbrough and Sheffield Wednesday, was released in the summer by Villa.

The product of the English Premier League club's youth system was recently on trial with Leeds United.

Osbourne was given his Villa debut by manager Martin O'Neill in October 2006 but failed to become a first-team regular.

He made 10 appearances for League One outfit Wednesday last season before his loan spell was terminated early after Gary Megson took charge following the sacking of Scottish manager Alan Irvine.

Osbourne's older brother, Isaac, this summer joined Aberdeen after being released by Coventry City.

Osbourne looks like actually managing to get another club

If anybody is interested in offering Salifou work at their 5-a-side/pub/Sunday league team, his agents can be contacted on the below:

Briem & Flad

Gerhard-Kindler-Strasse 6

72770 Reutlingen

Egon Flad: (+ 49) 173 311 98 21

Herbert Briem: (+49) 171 578 16 32

Remember - Salifou is for life, not just for Xmas.

BBCSport BBC Sport

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas is on the verge of signing for European champions Barcelona, BBC Sport has learned.

It was inevitable, shame really.. will definitely be missed by the premier league imo, always rated him and will continue to do so even if he goes Barcelona.