Jez

The fact that Chelsea are bidding £22m for a player despite not having a manager shows exactly how they do business at that club and who makes the calls.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Ancelotti didn't want Luiz. Clearly Torres was signed over the managers head. Now 22m for Torres. That's approaching £100m of players not chosen by the manager..

The Chelsea bid is strange, though it is being reported that Hiddink is basically telling them who to buy for when he arrives.

Yet there are still some rumours floating about that Mark Hughes is actually going to be the man to take over there..

Have they knocked the 'partnership' rumour on the head yet? Hughes coaching with Hiddink over him.

Aristide Bancé rumoured to be on his way to Kaiserslautern.

Ooooooo!!! (gadoogoo)

:lol:

I think you're the first person in the world who's ever made a Burkina Faso-related pun, and for that I salute you.

Have they knocked the 'partnership' rumour on the head yet? Hughes coaching with Hiddink over him.

Nope, that one is still knocking about aswell; Hughes as Manager and Hiddink as Director of Football.

But I really can't see Hughes standing for that. As good as Hiddink is, Hughes doesn't seem to the sort to tolerate someone lording over him.

If it was just Hiddink, you'd think they'd have got it dealt with by now. The fact that it's gone quiet possibly suggests that they are waiting for that clause in Hughes' departure from Fulham to clear.

Aristide Bancé rumoured to be on his way to Kaiserslautern.

Ooooooo!!! (gadoogoo)

:lol:

I think you're the first person in the world who's ever made a Burkina Faso-related pun, and for that I salute you.

It was risky. I'm just glad you got it. I need to keep my humour accessible :P The amount of jokes littered around VT that were never picked up on annoys me :)

best deal of the window so far imo

It's definitely a good one. No doubt. Unfortunately for Newcastle, so is Nolan to West Ham a cracking deal, and arguably offsets any benefits to the Toon of getting Ba. If Enrique, Gutierrez & Barton do follow Carroll & Nolan out the door then Ba might be the only hero they have left. They can always have Stephen England too if they want I s'pose.