Jez

Newcastle seem to be having a competition with us to see which of our boards can cause more unrest over the summer it seems! :lol:

Only place he'll go is Barcelona and Barcelona can't afford him. He'll have to stay unhappy unless Barcelona succeed in raising more funds. They're trying to sell off some of their squad players but I don't think they'll be able to meet Arsenal's valuation, and Arsene will not sell for a penny less.

cant believe Vincente is a free agent!

He was brilliant about 3/4 years ago.

a genuine world class player in 2004 and only a nasty run of injuries prevented him being a superstar. Probably Valencia best player in last 20 years wth Mendieta and Canizares

what about david villa?

Yeah... any idea how long his contract has left?

I'm no Arsenal fan but I hope he stays personally, great player in the premier league but if he moves he'll move solely to win things (imo) must be tough though, grew up with the likes of Pique etc and seeing them win CL and La Liga this year..

He still has quite a few years left on his contract. He signed a ridiculously long one originally, 7 or 8 years I think. I'd imagine he has at least 2 of those left, probably 3 or 4.

Modric will be a bidding war and at some point his head will be turned i.e. he'll go from not being bothered about leaving to being bothered about staying.

But as he's irreplaceable for a club like them, barring a minor miracle, then all that happens is a marginally richer Spurs fall a little down the table. They really won't want to sell. I've heard that if they do, he'll go to Chelsea because Levy hates Man Utd with a passion to the point that he'd accept a lower bid from Chelsea.

But as he's irreplaceable for a club like them, barring a minor miracle, then all that happens is a marginally richer Spurs fall a little down the table. They really won't want to sell. I've heard that if they do, he'll go to Chelsea because Levy hates Man Utd with a passion to the point that he'd accept a lower bid from Chelsea.

I don't think he's irreplaceable. Finding a player of his specific type would be difficult but they could get a quality midfielder, who may cause a bit of a change in the team dynamic alright, as well as signing a top class striker and they may even become a better team.

Modric however will excel at a club at the very top where he can really control things with the amount of possession he will get.

I don't think he's irreplaceable. Finding a player of his specific type would be difficult but they could get a quality midfielder, who may cause a bit of a change in the team dynamic alright, as well as signing a top class striker and they may even become a better team.

They may do. But it doesn't change that they mightn't, and the only guarantee is they'd be losing arguably their best player.

Modric however will excel at a club at the very top where he can really control things with the amount of possession he will get.

No argument there. I suspect it's why the top teams want him.