Jez

Well, as I said before, on a free and pretty cheap wages compared to most, decent resale value, it's not really much of a risk signing him as he won't be relied upon for being our main striker (as Moyes seemingly wants another, more proven striker too). I'm not too bothered because if he starts with this big attitude and ego and doesn't work hard, the lads in our dressing room will let him know it's not acceptable as that is how they are. Plus if it doesn't work out, I'm pretty sure we'd find someone else to take him pretty quickly.

does that mean Yakubu's on his way out AG? I'd take him here personally

Yes, definitely leaving apparently. 2 clubs after him in England from what I heard: West Ham (which is his preferred choice because of Avram Grant - used to manage him back in Israel) and Birmingham (apparently).

Think Beckford is a replacement for Vaughan.

Yakubu is on his way for a reason.

As he wants a "fresh challenge" and Moyes needs to sell someone to get enough money to bring in his targets, Yakubu is not as important a player as he used to be for us and is someone who can fetch us a decent fee. That's why.

He'd be a great signing for Birmingham or West Ham, he's a lot better than the strikers we've been linked with, Keane, Rodallega etc

about 27 isn't he? I think he'd be great for us

Feel sorry for Vaughan, looked like he was going to be a real player a few years ago

He'd be a great signing for Birmingham or West Ham, he's a lot better than the strikers we've been linked with, Keane, Rodallega etc

about 27 isn't he? I think he'd be great for us

Feel sorry for Vaughan, looked like he was going to be a real player a few years ago

Yeah, he's 27. He's a better player than I actually gave him credit for before we signed him, his vision is fantastic and he is so strong. Always knows where the goal is too. Just sometimes his work rate is lacking and he doesn't turn up in some games.

Yeah, I love Vaughany, gutted about all his injuries. He has a lot of potential though if he can get his problems sorted.

Yakubu is on his way for a reason.

As he wants a "fresh challenge" and Moyes needs to sell someone to get enough money to bring in his targets, Yakubu is not as important a player as he used to be for us and is someone who can fetch us a decent fee. That's why.

And he's pants

:D that's a laughable comment, he's a goalscorer

Yep, he was good. Got injured, lost his pace/touch. Not good enough anymore.

He gets outshone by Saha, who despite being injured all the time comes back and scores goals. Yakubu came back and did **** all, and so he's on his way.

How many of those games did he start?

From the end of February to the end of the season, Yak was a hell of a lot more impressive than Louis Saha, in my books.

For the record, Louis Saha was barely injured at all last season...

Saha's last goal for us was on February the 10th, despite appearing in nearly every game after that, he still didn't score. Yakubu scored 4 in that time despite being on the pitch a lot less time.

being outshone by Saha doesn't mean he's a bad player, Saha is 1 of the best in the league on his day

I think Yakubu needs to be the main man and have the team built around him to get the best out of him, are you telling me you'd prefer Keane, Rodallega, Zamora etc?

It doesn't matter how many he started, or how many injuries he had. If he was a goalscorer he would make the best of his opportunities. He didnt.

And aye, Saha stayed fit last season but all throughout his career, anytime he's been injured he comes back and gets goals no matter how much time he gets. That is what goalscorers do and that is what Villa need.

I've also no idea how you came to the conclusion that i'd prefer any of those players. In my opinion none of them are good enough at the moment, but if I had to choose it'd be Keane because he brings something different.