Jez

Arsenal have agreed a fee (£19.8m) with Real Madrid for Khedira.

I think they will sort out the wages after a bit of discussion.  Usually with moves like these, wages have already been discussed before a fee is agreed.

Edited by omariqy

wat.

That's amazing value considering half the pap that's "worth" £20+ now-a-days.

He's an incredibly good player.

What a coup - excited to have him in the league.

On a related note, why do Real want to sell him?

• Like 2

markovic to liverpool is a bit of a quiet one, thats rumoured to be for around £20m...

m'vila - inter

keylor navas - real madrid

felipe caicedo - espanyol

aspas - sevilla (loan)

rami - milan

emanuelson - roma

adrian - porto

gilardino - guangzhou

mandzukic - atletico

diego - fenerbahce

Good player but why another midfield player? Guess they have a few over 30s in that midfield....Ramsey and Ozil are definates in there! what about the rest..

He's not really like their other midfielders. He's a modern day DM, I think he completed them. They could still use a world class CB of they're to really challenge and perhaps a centre forward, but that's some team regardless.

Wilshere probably needs to move on.

• Like 1

Good player but why another midfield player? Guess they have a few over 30s in that midfield....Ramsey and Ozil are definates in there! what about the rest..

He's not really like their other midfielders. He's a modern day DM, I think he completed them. They could still use a world class CB of they're to really challenge and perhaps a centre forward, but that's some team regardless.

DM was an area they were poor imo. Arteta and Flamini are pretty average....

DM was an area they were poor imo. Arteta and Flamini are pretty average....

Exactly?

Khedira is excellent. I think they should have took the option up on Fabregas as well. They'd be well placed for a title shot then

Flamini is not average, getting on a little bit yes, but he is/was a great player.

I agree that Khedira is an upgrade though, he'd on another level to Flamini, because he's brilliant at a lot of roles, not just a destroyer like Flamini.

Flamini is not average, getting on a little bit yes, but he is/was a great player.

I agree that Khedira is an upgrade though, he'd on another level to Flamini, because he's brilliant at a lot of roles, not just a destroyer like Flamini.

I agree with your general point but to call Flamini a great player, at any stage of his career is pushing it a little.

When he was looking after a slighty shakey milan defence a few years ago, he was the link man between defence and midfield. He was playing alongside seedorf who really didnt have the legs in his last few seasons and had to actively choose which games to perform in (CL). I'm not one to wax lyrical about certain players but he was honestly my milan player of the season.