Jez

Would imagine Newcastle will bring in De Jong and Cabella with the money. Good business for them.

Can't speak to Cabella but De Jong's looked considerably out of his depth in the Bundesliga, I can't envision him making much of an impact over here.

Siem De Jong...  :detect:

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Would imagine Newcastle will bring in De Jong and Cabella with the money. Good business for them.

Can't speak to Cabella but De Jong's looked considerably out of his depth in the Bundesliga, I can't envision him making much of an impact over here.

nah its Luuk

nah its Luuk

Oh, surprised by that tbh..

I thought it was a loan? De Jong's scoring record is certainly poor for Borussia Monchengladbach.

Hasn't been confirmed either way yet.  I suspect it might be a loan, I'm sure Max Eberl ('Gladbach's Sports Director) said something at the start of the season about not wanting to sell off De Jong just yet.  That said, I'd bet an offer anywhere near the £10m paid out for him would be hard to turn down.

How many Bundesliga players have come to england and been a success in recent years?, can only think of Mertesacker, Kompany tbh.. Anyone think of anymore?

Since 2010 we've had Edin Dzeko, Jérôme Boateng, Lukas Podolski, Papiss Cissé, Shinji Kagawa, André Schürrle, Per Mertesacker, Gylfi Sigurdsson (technically), Marko Marin, Marko Arnautovic, Ashkan Dejagah, Lewis Holtby, Sascha Riether, Demba Ba, Pavel Pogrebnyak, Markus Rosenberg, Mladen Petric and Guy Demel.

Some good, some bad, some meh and some complete gash.
  • Like 3

18 months ago I was assured by an Albion fan that Markus Rosenberg from Werder Bremen was much better than the shit Belgian we'd just signed.

:lol:

:o  Markus Rosenberg has always been shit though might regret this comment tomorrow night

18 months ago I was assured by an Albion fan that Markus Rosenberg from Werder Bremen was much better than the shit Belgian we'd just signed.

:lol:

That is the very definition of judging a player without even seeing him play.  :crylaugh: